PDA

View Full Version : New and stuff

Daan P
03-17-2005, 11:36 AM
Hi,

I'm 'new' to the forum, the last forum was deleted or what...

My name is Daan, born in the Netherlands and I play guitar in the band Repozal.

I always carry all albums with me, in case I get bored.
Was just repairing a computer when I was listening to a Offspring CD.
It was Conspiracy of One, and when it played track 14 I didnt recall hearing that song before. Whats the name of the track, it isnt listed cd-cover.

NIX-on-the-MAN
03-17-2005, 11:40 AM
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4969

BuddyHolly
03-17-2005, 12:32 PM
The song is called Huck It

Tijs
03-17-2005, 04:33 PM
Welcome Daan, where do you live in the Netherlands? There are quite a few people from Holland around here. I'm from Nijmegen.

That thread isn't cool.

NIX-on-the-MAN
03-17-2005, 05:56 PM
That thread isn't cool.
It's not a matter of being cool, it's the matter of get new members to stop spaming new threads like this. I'm just trying to bring order to that.

Tijs
03-17-2005, 06:05 PM
Ok, let me rephrase is:
That thread isn't helpful. So far about 2 people introduced themselves in the thread. 'Yes, but those are 2 topics less!' Who said they where gonna make a thread in the first place? And most new people don't bother searching for a thread like that. And besides, your thread is just another conversation between original_psycho and someone else who's name I can't remember.

NIX-on-the-MAN
03-17-2005, 06:20 PM
That's because original_psycho makes any thread he posts on a converstion thread. I do see your point and it does piss me off that you are probly right, but I blam public for this... because they're to lazy to click the little 2 or 3 at the bottom of the page before shouting "HEY, I'M NEW THERE. POST ON MY THREAD SO I FEEL SPECAIL!"...

Was it so worry for my to try and make it easier for people to check in with who just joined and what their like "and I'm fully aware of the 'Newest Member' thing on the main page". And that's about all I have to say on the matter. I'll just respect your opinion and let the thread die off.

Tijs
03-17-2005, 06:32 PM
It would've been a good idea if it worked though. But the only way it would work is if the admins made a special category for it, or pinned the topic.

"That's because original_psycho makes any thread he posts on a converstion thread."
True, she should stop doing that...

NIX-on-the-MAN
03-17-2005, 06:37 PM
Yeah, but what can you do.

Jack the Tripper
03-17-2005, 06:44 PM
^new members don't know what thread's have been made yet. Plus that thread is bull.

To new guy: Welcome to the forums. I'd say more but I can't think of anything else to say.

Jack the Tripper
03-17-2005, 06:46 PM
When I was new, I didn't start any new threads or anything. I just jumped into conversations right away.

ruroken
03-17-2005, 07:01 PM
Yeah, it seems to really help.

offspringdude17
03-18-2005, 07:20 AM
i am from holland too i live in friesland frisian

Tijs
03-18-2005, 09:10 AM
Are you into fierljeppen? I tried that once...