PDA

View Full Version : WTF? No Calgary?

nwj
03-18-2005, 12:36 PM
I don't want to come off as a ranting, raving dumbass like most people making these kind of posts, but I am more than pissed off about this. For years fans in Calgary have shown the Offspring nothing but love and respect, emptying our wallets to give them a career. On the Americana tour they sold out the first Calgary date so fast they decided to add another and sold it out. On the CO1 tour they doubled the venue size and sold it out. Then last tour, no Calgary. This tour, no Calgary. Thanks for showing us the same love we've showed you, assholes.

The sad thing is that they're probably only skipping the Calgary warped date cause they're god damn lazy, just like 99% of the other bands that skip it. And if that's the case, I think it's about time they retire cause they've obviously lost touch with everything important about music and the music industry.

Also, fuck you guys for deciding to through together a quick cash grab like a greatest hits. Goddamn greedy, lazy, wannabe rockstars. . . RETIRE before you've completely ruined yourselves and the name you coulda had for yourselves in history.

I'd also like to say I'm not some half-assed fan, I've spent probably close to a thousand dollars on this band. I also have the CO1 symbol permanantly on my arm, which no longer represents the band I love, respect and look up to more than any other, but rather the good ole days.

Zee
03-18-2005, 01:11 PM
I don't want to come off as a ranting, raving dumbass like most people making these kind of posts...

Well you just did it...

JackOfficer
03-18-2005, 02:00 PM
canada sucks ass!

Tired_Of_You
03-18-2005, 02:08 PM
If in Erotic City there are people who look like the person in your avatar, then Erotic City sucks even more.

smashitup-
03-18-2005, 02:19 PM
canada sucks ass!

Shut the fuck up.

JackOfficer
03-18-2005, 02:20 PM
you don't know what you are missing in erotic city!
and you're from quebec? wanna be french pricks.

JackOfficer
03-18-2005, 02:23 PM
i am a sexy man.
you can see my pictures here.
if anyone needs help plowing their fields just email me. i'm good!
http://www.string-emil.de/gartenarbeit.php

the new kid
03-18-2005, 02:28 PM
canada sucks ass!

wut the fuck do you know? :mad:

Tired_Of_You
03-18-2005, 02:35 PM
you don't know what you are missing in erotic city!
and you're from quebec? wanna be french pricks.
No, I wrote that I'm from Quebec just for fun, duh. You're a little frustrated? Awww.

willferno
03-18-2005, 03:24 PM
because the vans warped tour didn't think that calgary was a good place to tour... it's not the offspring

nwj
03-18-2005, 06:36 PM
because the vans warped tour didn't think that calgary was a good place to tour... it's not the offspring

Then why is the rest of the warped tour going to Calgary?

Mike_911
03-18-2005, 10:54 PM
there is always a reason for something like this..

The band are scheduled to appear on all dates except the Calgary, Bozeman, and Philadelphia area shows due to schedule conflicts.

Mike_911
03-18-2005, 10:55 PM
they are playing the vancouver show.

AlphaDrake
03-19-2005, 12:18 AM
I'm pissed that they just decided to skip Edmonton all together :mad: :mad: :mad: we have almost the same population and music sales...

nwj
03-19-2005, 09:18 AM
they are playing the vancouver show.

So? I'm concerned about CALGARY and besides, I've already driven to Vancouver to see them and they ain't worth another few hundred dollar trip to me anymore. Also, as far as I'm concerned until I hear a reason for this, my feelings are the same and I'm still confident it's some bullshit reason.

captincrunch
03-21-2005, 07:41 PM
I am just as stunned about this.

I hope they are playing @ stampede to justify this.

Satan's bitch
03-22-2005, 05:56 AM
I don't want to come off as a ranting, raving dumbass like most people making these kind of posts, but I am more than pissed off about this. For years fans in Calgary have shown the Offspring nothing but love and respect, emptying our wallets to give them a career. On the Americana tour they sold out the first Calgary date so fast they decided to add another and sold it out. On the CO1 tour they doubled the venue size and sold it out. Then last tour, no Calgary. This tour, no Calgary. Thanks for showing us the same love we've showed you, assholes.

The sad thing is that they're probably only skipping the Calgary warped date cause they're god damn lazy, just like 99% of the other bands that skip it. And if that's the case, I think it's about time they retire cause they've obviously lost touch with everything important about music and the music industry.

Also, fuck you guys for deciding to through together a quick cash grab like a greatest hits. Goddamn greedy, lazy, wannabe rockstars. . . RETIRE before you've completely ruined yourselves and the name you coulda had for yourselves in history.

I'd also like to say I'm not some half-assed fan, I've spent probably close to a thousand dollars on this band. I also have the CO1 symbol permanantly on my arm, which no longer represents the band I love, respect and look up to more than any other, but rather the good ole days.
Damn, you're gayer than Satan... :eek:
Congrats!

Italia311
03-23-2005, 04:01 PM
I wouldn't go to calgary either...sheesh..fucking westerners...

Iddy
03-24-2005, 02:41 AM
i'm going to be constructive about this (unlike the others :P).

the band themselves don't actually choose where to play and where not to. Its up to the promoters, the bands touring agents (or whatever they're called) and the whole schedule of the tour.. whos playing where, what date/time.

anyway.. hope u feel better :)

captincrunch
03-26-2005, 10:12 AM
I don't accept that answer! Why would the promoter just take them off the calgary date? obviously this was the bands choice.. but why???

Tired_Of_You
03-26-2005, 03:28 PM
Because Calgary sucks. Is it so hard to understand?

RonWelty
03-27-2005, 03:13 AM
they will release GREATEST HITS in that days ... donīt worry ..it will worth the cancelled show :D at least for us ..non-calgary fans AHAHAHAH :D

code_blue
03-28-2005, 12:05 AM
Because Calgary sucks. Is it so hard to understand?

hahaha..

nah, there's probably a valid reason. i'm sure the band would rather play calgary than, say, scranton (probably a shithole!). the calgary date probably falls near dexter's wife's/daughter's birthday, or something like that, so they booked off a few dates of warped. i wouldn't take it as a personal shot against calgary.

RonWelty
03-28-2005, 02:31 AM
hahaha..

nah, there's probably a valid reason. i'm sure the band would rather play calgary than, say, scranton (probably a shithole!). the calgary date probably falls near dexter's wife's/daughter's birthday, or something like that, so they booked off a few dates of warped. i wouldn't take it as a personal shot against calgary.
i donīt believe in that cuz they played , example , in Greg k. birthday in Wembley 2001 :P

Beastacho
03-29-2005, 07:44 PM
dang, i was hoping to see them this year.
the only band i want to see on the bill now is Alexisonfire

KickHimWhenHe'sDown
03-13-2011, 08:34 PM
Calgary rocks and The Offspring should come because this guy is mad

codberg
03-14-2011, 12:14 AM
I hope they never go there again because of this guy. He said they go there alot so maybe they wanted to give us fans who have never seen them give the chance to see? Plus you think there "wanna be rock stars" just because they made a greatest hits cd? That's the cd that got me listening to them so you need to STFU!