PDA

View Full Version : Fifa 2005

Tijs
03-18-2005, 03:04 PM
That game really pisses me off.

I played 3 games, so far none of my actions have been showed in the highlights. I can't shoot the ball somewhere near the goal. I can't switch between players the way I want to. My hand hurts from pressing 'D' all the time attempting to take away the ball from the other player. If I press 'A' 50% of the time I get booked for it. I can't organize my team.
Last game I played was Barcelona versus ADO Den Haag. Me being Barcelona. I lost with 0-2. Goddamn. ADO Den Haag is one of the worst Dutch teams.

So how the hell am I supposed to play this game?!

btw, atleast it's better than 2002.

4eh
03-18-2005, 03:08 PM
the best fifa game is fifa'99

Tijs
03-18-2005, 03:13 PM
Indeed it is. But I'm trying 2005 now... but as you might've noticed, it won't work for me...

Vicky
03-18-2005, 03:14 PM
my brother has it, i think.. he was complaining about it too

4eh
03-18-2005, 03:15 PM
Indeed it is. But I'm trying 2005 now... but as you might've noticed, it won't work for me...

heh, i haven't got any problems with it, cause it wouldn't work on my PC :D

HeadAroundU
03-18-2005, 03:35 PM
You have to play it little bit longer (6 month) and you will have no problems!
Try NHL 2004 :D

Jesus
03-18-2005, 03:37 PM
w00t, 2005 is the only one I haven't played. I have played'm all on PC since fifa 96 (geekie me). Fifa 99 was actually the worst =p, fifa 98 road to the world cup (rtcw) was the best one. It even included some cool indoor football.
I liked the last fifa's a lot actually, like that thing where you can control the person your passing too before you actually pass ("off the ball" it's called or whatever).

I might buy the "fifa street" game for the gamecube, seems interesting.

Tijs
03-18-2005, 04:03 PM
I really liked 1998 aswell, indoor was great. Plus it had the cool Robbie Williams song. 2005 has a Flogging Molly song, isn't it? We had all the FIFA's starting from '97, but last year I cleaned up my cd-rom's, threw them away because "I'll just download them when I want to play them". I can't find any proper versions online...

Anyway, the reason I've installed 2005 is because it's the only one I haven't played yet. And I wanted to see the graphics and such. Quite alright, should be better when I get the new computer though, kinda slow now sometimes. Annoying thing is that if you don't set the settings on 'high details' you can't see the ball's shadow, making it very hard to predict the balls path when it's in the air.

I'll just play it a lot for a while, like HeadAroundU said. That should work, I might even score my first goal tonight.

Chris
03-18-2005, 05:53 PM
the mistake you're making is choosing fifa over pro evo....!

arak0r
03-18-2005, 05:58 PM
2005 is excellent. ive been raping teams with my new england revolution :p you just need to get used to it and youll start doing better. im using the difficulty right below the hardest. good shit

Tijs
03-18-2005, 06:50 PM
Hoorah! I'm getting used to it now I guess. I just won the Dutch cup! Now it's time for a career!

the mistake you're making is choosing fifa over pro evo....!
Hell no, even though that game has some nice player moves, it's too.. I don't know, too not-fun-to-play.

arak0r
03-18-2005, 08:43 PM
Hoorah! I'm getting used to it now I guess. I just won the Dutch cup! Now it's time for a career!

Hell no, even though that game has some nice player moves, it's too.. I don't know, too not-fun-to-play.

apparently it doesnt really have any player names in the game from what ive read. that would piss me off royally. i eventually want to try controlling Juventus in career mode, but i gotta move up from a crappy team first >

Panzerfaust92
03-18-2005, 08:44 PM
soccer sucks
That's exactly what I was going to write. Good thing I checked first.

arak0r
03-18-2005, 08:52 PM
That's exactly what I was going to write. Good thing I checked first. you live in iowa. stfu.

Panzerfaust92
03-18-2005, 08:54 PM
what's that supposed to mean?

Tijs
03-19-2005, 06:30 AM
apparently it doesnt really have any player names in the game from what ive read. that would piss me off royally. i eventually want to try controlling Juventus in career mode, but i gotta move up from a crappy team first >
I'm playing with the team from my hometown now, NEC Nijmegen :-)
Beated Feyenoord with 0-1 in the 88th minute.

Punky Dudess
03-19-2005, 06:50 AM
both of my brothers are addicted to that game... i think they have all the games from fifa 99 upwards!!!

arak0r
03-19-2005, 11:36 AM
I'm playing with the team from my hometown now, NEC Nijmegen :-)
Beated Feyenoord with 0-1 in the 88th minute.

congrats! feyenoord isnt an easy win :O

im just glad irl, celtic are on top in scotland again :D looks like eindhoven is gonna win your league :/ kinda sucks, woulda been nice to see a new team on top in the end.

Noodles is gay
03-19-2005, 11:40 AM
The ONLY good football (soccer) game ever made is 'ISS 98' on the N64. :D

Tijs
03-19-2005, 12:20 PM
congrats! feyenoord isnt an easy win :O

im just glad irl, celtic are on top in scotland again :D looks like eindhoven is gonna win your league :/ kinda sucks, woulda been nice to see a new team on top in the end.
I like PSV, if anyone should win, it should be them. Because there is no way that NEC is going to win any time this decade.

edit:
Well they're second now in my career, but that's thanks to.. me. PSV Eindhoven is still first... 2 points.. two damn points!

arak0r
03-19-2005, 12:23 PM
haha! i just need ac milan to lose this weekend. damnit. im still pissed two of my favorite clubs have to face eachother in the next round of the champions league. liverpool v juventus

Tijs
03-19-2005, 12:25 PM
Wait.. are we still talking about FIFA 2005?

Orange County
03-19-2005, 12:39 PM
Fifa 2005, Lol. N00b.

PES is the best football game, well they do say that fifa is more aimed at the younger fans who just want to play a game of football with there best players or whatever, but PES is the REAL football game, much more realistic.

Perhaps you are in the fifa category, thats cool, just keep practicing and when your older try out PES.

arak0r
03-19-2005, 12:52 PM
Fifa 2005, Lol. N00b.

PES is the best football game, well they do say that fifa is more aimed at the younger fans who just want to play a game of football with there best players or whatever, but PES is the REAL football game, much more realistic.

Perhaps you are in the fifa category, thats cool, just keep practicing and when your older try out PES.

:rolleyes::rolleyes: very humorous assclown from england calling himself orange county. everyone has different tastes. this is about fifa2005, not people bitching about whats better fifa or pes. either way ive played both and prefer fifa.

and tijs i was talking irl for a bit there :P

Orange County
03-19-2005, 01:07 PM
very humorous assclown from england calling himself orange county

And your point being, dickface? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Tijs
03-19-2005, 02:34 PM
Go mare your own PES thread if you don't like FIFA.

In the career mode:
Everytime I complete a match, I get passed a screen with all sorts of people and their job names behind them, what am I supposed to do with that? When I click it it just gives me some information about the job.

Chris
03-19-2005, 05:32 PM
The ONLY good football (soccer) game ever made is 'ISS 98' on the N64. :D

quality game that :o although im having to do with ISS2 on the GC until I finally own a console that has pro evo on

arak0r
03-19-2005, 08:20 PM
Go mare your own PES thread if you don't like FIFA.

In the career mode:
Everytime I complete a match, I get passed a screen with all sorts of people and their job names behind them, what am I supposed to do with that? When I click it it just gives me some information about the job. you get points to use to upgrade their jobs after every win. so you can upgrade the skills of the training, or scouting, or fitness of the team. its quite nifty :p (im assuming thats the section youre referring to)

arak0r
03-19-2005, 08:43 PM
http://www.collegehumor.com/?movie_id=112079

man that kid is nuts

Tijs
03-20-2005, 04:21 AM
you get points to use to upgrade their jobs after every win. so you can upgrade the skills of the training, or scouting, or fitness of the team. its quite nifty :p (im assuming thats the section youre referring to)
And how can I upgrade them...?

edit: Found it, never mind. Just spend about 400points :p

Jesus
03-20-2005, 08:13 AM
Fifa 2005, Lol. N00b.

PES 3 was fun, but a bit too easy for my taste, I played it for like 6 months with my nephew. We always played togheter against teams and it was easier to win with PES 3 than with fifa on the hardest level (and ofcourse fifa had nicer graphics/commentary and real names, except the grass which looks nicer in PES).

About it being realistic, no way, since I pretty much suck at football in real life ;).

arak0r
03-20-2005, 11:59 AM
And how can I upgrade them...?

edit: Found it, never mind. Just spend about 400points :p

haha! you really did gather a shitload of points.

i thought i was going to hate the whole ownership mode since you need to start off with a lower team but i kinda.. cheated a bit.. put some good players on New England Revolution in the MLS (including myself -_-) and uh.. yea.. :D

Chris
03-20-2005, 05:27 PM
kinda football related - www.itsagoal.com is finally back after three years out - well worth signing up if you like the management side of things

Tijs
03-20-2005, 06:03 PM
haha! you really did gather a shitload of points.

i thought i was going to hate the whole ownership mode since you need to start off with a lower team but i kinda.. cheated a bit.. put some good players on New England Revolution in the MLS (including myself -_-) and uh.. yea.. :D

I'm not gonna cheat. Kinda funny, the first game I played in career mode, I lost. All the other ones I won so far. So it's listed like this now
W 28 D 0 L 1

arak0r
03-20-2005, 06:07 PM
I'm not gonna cheat. Kinda funny, the first game I played in career mode, I lost. All the other ones I won so far. So it's listed like this now
W 28 D 0 L 1

hardly a cheat.. i really am better than zizou! honest!