PDA

View Full Version : What is the best song from the most underrated album-Ignition?

smashitup-
03-18-2005, 04:39 PM
Title says it all.

EDIT- THe second option is We Are One

smashitup-
03-18-2005, 04:42 PM
Title says it all.

If you think L.A.P.D or Forever and a day is the best song, then post it.

billiejoe87_greenday
03-18-2005, 05:03 PM
I cant understand why anyone wouldn't write Dirty Magic. Its an absolute classic.

JohnnyNemesis
03-18-2005, 06:36 PM
Ignition, which half of Offspring's fan base considers the best album of all time, is NOT underrated.

Forever And A Day is my favorite.

smashitup-
03-18-2005, 06:40 PM
Ignition, which half of Offspring's fan base considers the best album of all time, is NOT underrated.

Forever And A Day is my favorite.

Maybe not underrated for us fans, but it way underrated for other people. Selling 1 million worldwide for this album is exremely underrated for an amazing album like Ignition.

Revolver-2005?
03-18-2005, 06:53 PM
wheres We Are One....well until then I vote for Session

smashitup-
03-18-2005, 07:44 PM
wheres We Are One....well until then I vote for Session

Oops. How do you edit polls?

Jack the Tripper
03-18-2005, 07:45 PM
Oops. How do you edit polls?
you can't. Now you just have to listen to the retards complain about it.

smashitup-
03-18-2005, 07:57 PM
you can't. Now you just have to listen to the retards complain about it.

Damnit. That sucks.

AlphaDrake
03-18-2005, 11:32 PM
Cmon.... "Burn it up" im a pyro so thats why i like it..........is Dexter a pyro? Is that why he wrote it or am i way off?....

Jimbob2005
03-19-2005, 02:16 AM
i voted Kick Him When He's Down, but Dirty Magic is also the best on the album. Of course, I dont find one song crap and most are actually really good, and ur right - Ignition is well underrated!

Aimeht
03-19-2005, 02:20 AM
I voted for Dirty Magic. I love it, I love it, I love it. Actually Ignition is my favourite album, so I love all the songs.

Jimbob2005
03-19-2005, 02:24 AM
I voted for Dirty Magic. I love it, I love it, I love it. Actually Ignition is my favourite album, so I love all the songs.
altho ignition isnt my fave album ur right - all the songs r good, in fact, it's the only album in which all songs are good

Aimeht
03-19-2005, 02:26 AM
altho ignition isnt my fave album ur right - all the songs r good, in fact, it's the only album in which all songs are good
So what's your next 'fave' album? Mine is Ixnay, then Smash.

Jimbob2005
03-19-2005, 02:30 AM
So what's your next 'fave' album? Mine is Ixnay, then Smash.
my fave is americana
then it's smash
dunno bout third fave - it's probably IOTH
also s/t is growing on me now, and that is no longer my least fave (second least...? probably)
im gettin bored of CO1 now, so thats probably my least fave, but i dont find it crap or anythin (even though there are still some good songs on it, and at once, it was one of my faves)

Obie2trice
03-19-2005, 03:18 AM
Kick Him When He`s Down is my favorite

Nitro
03-19-2005, 04:48 AM
Ignition is their best album imo
Kick Him When He's Down is the best song ever made, so I voted for that one :)

smashitup-
03-19-2005, 08:09 AM

Nope.

Self-Titled- All songs are good
Ignition- All songs except L.A.P.D are good
Smash- All songs except So Alone are good
Ixnay- All songs are good
Americana- All songs are good
CO1- All songs are good
Splinter- All songs except for When You're in Prison if the even counts

Mannen som blev en gris
03-19-2005, 09:14 AM
I voted for Dirty Magic, but No Hero and Forever And A Day are really good too.

Mannen som blev en gris
03-19-2005, 09:22 AM
Nope.

Self-Titled- All songs are good
Ignition- All songs except L.A.P.D are good
Smash- All songs except So Alone are good
Ixnay- All songs are good
Americana- All songs are good
CO1- All songs are good
Splinter- All songs except for When You're in Prison if the even counts
You're wrong:
Self-Titled- haven't got it yet and I'll keep complaining until I find it in my mail box
Ignition-All songs are good (except maybe the chours of Nothing From Something)
Smash- All songs are good except What Happened To You
Ixnay- All songs are pretty good except I Choose
Americana- All songs are good except Pretty Fly and She's Got Issues
CO1- All songs are ok except Original Prankster
Splinter- All songs are pretty good except The Worst Hangover Ever and some other

dirtybird
03-19-2005, 09:23 AM
I like Session the best, but the lyrics to No Hero the best.

smashitup-
03-19-2005, 11:58 AM
You're wrong:
Self-Titled- haven't got it yet and I'll keep complaining until I find it in my mail box
Ignition-All songs are good (except maybe the chours of Nothing From Something)
Smash- All songs are good except What Happened To You
Ixnay- All songs are pretty good except I Choose
Americana- All songs are good except Pretty Fly and She's Got Issues
CO1- All songs are ok except Original Prankster
Splinter- All songs are pretty good except The Worst Hangover Ever and some other

I choose and What Happened to You are amazing songs. Actually, both are in my top 3 for both albums. I like the chorus from Nothing from Something. Pretty Fly is actually a pretty good song if you dont over hear it. I agree that She's Got Issues isnt that good, but it's not a bad song eather. Original Prankster is good aswell if you dont over listen. Worst Hangover Ever is something different from everything else they've done and it's good in it's own way.

Unnatural Disaster
03-19-2005, 12:06 PM
Hypodermic.... I love the chorus in this song

Mannen som blev en gris
03-19-2005, 12:11 PM
I choose and What Happened to You are amazing songs. Actually, both are in my top 3 for both albums. I like the chorus from Nothing from Something. Pretty Fly is actually a pretty good song if you dont over hear it. I agree that She's Got Issues isnt that good, but it's not a bad song eather. Original Prankster is good aswell if you dont over listen. Worst Hangover Ever is something different from everything else they've done and it's good in it's own way.
We have completly different taste....

Unnatural Disaster
03-19-2005, 12:17 PM
I understand Worst Hangover Ever, but how can you not like I Choose

billiejoe87_greenday
03-20-2005, 01:52 AM
I choose is one of the only offspring songs i dont like, along with me and my old lady and pay the man. I just wreckon they arent typical Offspring. Dirty Magic rules!!

Jimbob2005
03-20-2005, 02:39 AM
I choose is one of the only offspring songs i dont like, along with me and my old lady and pay the man. I just wreckon they arent typical Offspring. Dirty Magic rules!!
i'm not so keen on tehran, feelings, me and my old lady and worst hangover ever - the rest is good

Mannen som blev en gris
03-20-2005, 06:19 AM
Both Me & My Old Lady and Pay The Man are great! Especially Pay The Man. But I don't like I Choose because I don't like their unserious/happy songs.

Kitten
03-20-2005, 07:04 AM
Nothing From Something. I loved that song the first time I heard (ok, The album) and then after that it would have to be We Are One. As for the rest, well, I love them all but you are asking me to pick, and thus I did.

Venezuelan_Nightmare
03-20-2005, 07:30 AM
Nothing From Something really kick ass song, i love this fucking song xD

Josh Freese
03-20-2005, 08:47 AM
Nothing from something. I love the chorus

Bullshit
03-20-2005, 08:56 AM
session is the favorite since it's so realistic...well to me, it is...from experiance...hahahaha...

Mr. Noodles
03-23-2005, 07:24 PM
I made this thread first! :mad:
Anyway, I voted for Dirty Magic.

OffspringMan00
04-04-2005, 04:43 PM
DUDE what ever happend to forever and a day???

Jackish
04-04-2005, 05:59 PM
DUDE what ever happend to forever and a day???

Man if thats not there best song ever I dunno what the fuck is. Its class. In every possible way... What a way to finish that album eh? Killer solo, killer vocals, chorus and whole atmosphere it creates... Ahh man, shame the tabs for it are so effing wankstain like!

Sinister
04-04-2005, 07:30 PM
my fav song by The Offspring is Dirty Magic. I even remade the lyrics for my girlfriend. if you wanna know what the re-made lyrics are, just PM me or wait till I have time 2 edit my post and type them.

CommonRider
04-04-2005, 11:56 PM
wow im shocked no one picked No Hero, its my second favorite after Dirty Magic and my brothers all time favorite Offspring song. Its an amazing song!

Dirty Magic is the best tho, very fun to play on guitar too, its my girlfriends favorite Offspring song we recorded it together :).

Tomo
04-05-2005, 01:44 AM
Hard one... "Kick Him When He's Down" and "Dirty Magic" are same good to me. :confused: But I voted for "KHWHD".

oiPunxNotDeadoi
04-05-2005, 02:29 AM
Best songs on Ignition..
Nothing From Something, Kick Him When He's Down and Dirty Magic.

grunge
04-05-2005, 04:49 AM
Nothing From Something and Dirty Magic are the best songs on Ignition