PDA

View Full Version : is it normal?

ste-biker
03-19-2005, 04:37 AM
What’s normal?

First off I would like to ask you a question: - Define normal?

People always use the word normal in such a loose context. But yet no one can actually define what normal is cause what’s normal to you may not be normal to the next person, are they wrong for having a different point of view on life or a different up bringing.
I say not, for a long time now people have always said that I’m not normal and it’s the way I act, but I’m only being me and I shouldn’t have to pretend to be something I’m not just to fit into a level of social acceptance. Yes I have a wacky sense of humour and my mind might not think like others but that’s who I am, I’m an individual and rightly so. If we were all the same then life would be boring. Each person has there own quirks that makes them who they are.

Write down what you think are a few of your personality traits

Ok now you’ve wrote down what you think makes you an individual would you class yourself as not normal?
You’ve more than likely said that your normal, but are you normal in the other people eyes. Does it really matter if someone thinks you’re not normal? No it doesn’t, it’s your life live it!

Don’t worry what people may think about you cause it’s not your problem. People tend to be very shy and not themselves when they first meet people.

I’m sure you’ve all been going on a date that your nervous about and someone’s said to you “just be yourself” and those words are true we should always be ourselves otherwise were a fraud and no one really gets to know us which is a shame cause were all normal were just different.

the_GoDdEsS
03-19-2005, 04:48 AM
Nothing and nobody is normal. The definition of "normal" only goes out from some conventions or agreements a given society has reached. (hence "normal" derived from "norm")

It's a question of to what extent the social surroundings you live in are conservative/liberal. And on the other hand how this affects you and whether you are willing to conform or not.