PDA

View Full Version : Messed up america!

shatskater
03-21-2005, 07:52 AM
Ya no what else is messed up with America? What it is, is America hereclaims to be all equality for everyone, and stuff of the sort, but when an election comes about....the media and politicians always say..."We need to get the American vote....and the black vote." what is up with that??! i mean, isnt the black people part of america also, i mean they are part of the american vote.

Mota Boy
03-21-2005, 08:09 AM
It's because black people have different voting patterns than the rest of the nation. Traditionally, white people vote Republican about 54% or so of the time, with men doing it moreso than women. Black people, however, traditionally tend to vote for Democrats 92% of the time. They also vote on a different set of issues than the rest of the population, paying more attention to things such as affirmative action.

Also, that has fucking nothing to with equality. If anything, it's saying that politicians need to especially focus on courting black people.

wheelchairman
03-21-2005, 08:30 AM
Generally when I discuss equality with people. There are two ideas behind it.

There are the idiots, who think equality means being treated EXACTLY the same by the government.

And those who realize that equality is about taking account of inequality and treating people based on that.

Inshane
03-21-2005, 09:29 AM
the world is not equal, or fair. I wonder if it ever will be, guess not.

yvette16
03-21-2005, 12:27 PM
Ya no what else is messed up with America? What it is, is America hereclaims to be all equality for everyone, and stuff of the sort, but when an election comes about....the media and politicians always say..."We need to get the American vote....and the black vote." what is up with that??! i mean, isnt the black people part of america also, i mean they are part of the american vote.
:rolleyes: u guys don't know what ur talking about i mean sure the say that stuff about equality but come on u know they don't think like that who does think like that there will always be something u can complain about and u chose this

Jebus
03-21-2005, 01:16 PM
I've never heard a politician say the "black vote" outloud in public before. From where and who did you heard this from?

coke_a_holic
03-21-2005, 01:35 PM
the world is not equal, or fair. I wonder if it ever will be, guess not.

Of course not, our whole economy is based off of some having and some not having. If it were any other way we would plunge into a depression making it so that our money was worthless, much like communism. So, no, the world will never be fair.

And shouldn't this be in politics?

wheelchairman
03-21-2005, 01:38 PM
Of course not, our whole economy is based off of some having and some not having. If it were any other way we would plunge into a depression making it so that our money was worthless, much like communism. So, no, the world will never be fair.

And shouldn't this be in politics?
There was one country that didn't have a terrible economic depression in the 20's - 30's. And it wasn't an economy based on the haves/have not's.

bouncingcoles
03-21-2005, 03:01 PM

america is gay, and i live in there. although im still glad i live here rather then other places