PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping during the day

Isolated Fury
03-22-2005, 07:43 PM
Is it healthy to go to school from 8 to 3 then come home and sleep for 3 hours? Then after that, you sit around for a while and end up being so bored that you go to bed at like 9-9:30? It's been my sleep pattern for like the last week or so.

rock4life09
03-22-2005, 07:44 PM
Sleep is good! :D

Linda
03-22-2005, 07:44 PM
No, it's not healthy. Go see your doctor.

Isolated Fury
03-22-2005, 07:55 PM
I don't like doctors. They scare me! ;)

It's more of a psychological problem, though.

Linda
03-22-2005, 07:58 PM
You really from PA?

Rag Doll
03-22-2005, 09:10 PM
I do that all the time. I'll go to bed like 2am...wake up at 7. Come home from class at like 11 or 1. Sleep for 3 hours. Go to work/stay up for a few hours. Take another short nap. Then repeat...

dirtybird
03-22-2005, 09:11 PM
Is it healthy to go to school from 8 to 3 then come home and sleep for 3 hours? Then after that, you sit around for a while and end up being so bored that you go to bed at like 9-9:30? It's been my sleep pattern for like the last week or so.

I do that alot... I've been wondering if it's normal, as well.

Dive
03-22-2005, 09:17 PM
I hate short naps. I never go to sleep unless I can get at least 4 hours. It's especially bad when I take a nap before I have to go somewhere/do something.

Linda
03-22-2005, 09:20 PM
I wish I could sleep during the day. Would be better than being at work.

Radi0_havana52
03-22-2005, 10:55 PM
i can't take naps it pisses the shit out of me.

JohnnyNemesis
03-22-2005, 10:57 PM
I'm with ya, buddy. For some reason, naps piss me off, because it feels like my day was wasted. I actually believe that "every day is precious" stuff for some reason, so naps always cut into that.

UgLy_eLf
03-22-2005, 11:04 PM
I used to do that during freshman year because school wore me out, and I stayed up way too late to be able to stay awake for the rest of the day.

It ruined my free time because I'd wake up, do homework, then go to bed, sucked.

RXP
03-23-2005, 01:25 AM
No, it's not healthy. Go see your doctor.

You're 'advice' is always so wrong. Its only been happening a week. You don't need to go doctors for that.

The easiest way to go about not doing it is keep yourself active. But believe me I know what it's like. I sleep alot in the day too but usually casue I don't sleep at night too good nows days.

Inshane
03-23-2005, 03:15 AM
Ive had that for more than a year. I couldnt go to school or do anything.
I just slept whole days. Got up to eat something, shower, then Id fall down on the floor and I had to go to bed again. Im thankfull I always have (had) these weird very active dreams, they made me believe that that year wasnt useless. Now Im able to do things again I refuse to sleep during the day. Only if im sick or so fucking tired I cant walk.

Oh and you don't need to go to a docter like RXP said. Its good to listen to your body when its tired, sleep is good. :\

Isolated Fury
03-23-2005, 05:31 AM
You really from PA?

Yes, I am.

Oh and you don't need to go to a docter like RXP said. Its good to listen to your body when its tired, sleep is good.

It's not that my body is telling me I'm tired. It's almost like I sleep out of boredom. Or like when a friend lets me down or something, I'll just go sleep. If I have plans with someone and they cancel it, I go to sleep. I think it's like a defense mechanism for me to not be hurt. But once I wake up, I think about why I went to sleep in the first place, and I end up being hurt anyway.

Inshane
03-23-2005, 05:39 AM
there are a lot of things that can make you forget problems for a while, sleeping, ignoring everything, making sure you have things to do all the time.
I often go to bed early because I feel like dreaming. Why would this be a bad thing? Other than you being hurt by something, the sleeping isnt a problem or a bad thing at all.

JoY
03-23-2005, 06:46 AM
I used to sleep so, so much. some called it a depression, I called it just being very, very tired. & I was. when you go through a lot mentally, you notice that physically. it just makes you tired. it wears you out.

these days I can sleep in till one in the afternoon. but that's just because I'm lazy & temporarily have the time. today was the first day in weeks I got up at eight in the morning. it highly surprised my boyfriend & me.

Gothgirl2606
03-23-2005, 11:08 AM

well, it'sd not like i'm not jealous, but it cud be healthy, mite not be. do u take drugs? mite b y if u do. i am jealous actually, cos it takes me hours 2 get 2 sleep. apparently, sum1 i knew tuk 1 puff of marujuana, and slept 4 2 days. if only i cud sleep 4 that long!!!!!