PDA

View Full Version : Panama Canceled - Dexter Has Voice Problem

RonWelty
10-30-2004, 01:37 PM
Panama City Show Cancelled
(09/01/04) It is with great regret that The Offspring have to cancel their first ever concert appearance in Panama.

Dexter began having trouble with his voice at last night’s concert in Bogota, Colombia where the band performed at the El Campin Stadium in front of over 17,000 rocking fans. As the band are scheduled to record some songs for an upcoming greatest hits record next week, Dexter was advised to immediately put his voice to rest.

The band had been on the tail end of their 2003/2004 World Tour traveling and performing extensively in recent weeks – South Africa, Argentina, Brazil, Venezuela and Colombia.

The Offspring apologize to all their fans in Panama and promise to return on their next tour. Ticket refunds are available at point of purchase.

Zee
10-30-2004, 01:41 PM
Holy shit, some news of the Greatest Hits too.

Sucks for Panama, but it'll be worth the wait when they return!

RonWelty
10-30-2004, 01:42 PM
that was a big tour , dexter had not 20 years , he has to rest ..and record some great songs to the greatest hits :D

MirandaV
10-30-2004, 01:47 PM
Oh it's SOOO fucked for the Panama fans, im sorry :(
The band did such a big tour it's no surprise his voice fucked up.
But he, they can work at the greatest hits album :)

Zee
10-30-2004, 01:48 PM
Well, I'd call Smash tour a big one...

But yeah, must be pretty exhausting for his voice songs such as All I Want or Self Esteem, so I understand why he doesn't want to do four nights in a row anymore. ;)

RonWelty
10-30-2004, 01:50 PM
yep ..! dexter RECOVER WELL if u are seeing me :P

Zee
10-30-2004, 02:25 PM
Such a tight schedule obviously points out for a somewhat early release... they sure won't rest too much on laurels.

RobinoZombie
10-30-2004, 02:47 PM
I think that they have had pretty intensed tours So far
Until this south america tour...not many dates, but hell..i cant sing that high..
Too bad for all the fans, but if he sings he might not ever sing again, you know...
...Get well Dex, make some new awesome songs, without autotune ;D

MirandaV
10-30-2004, 03:13 PM
Only the idea of never singing again makes me go nuts

LjunBerG-
10-30-2004, 04:24 PM
Im from Panama, im an offspring-holic and it really really sux that you guys wont come to Panama, im 19 i hope not to wait another 19 years to see your show, im really disapointed but anyways i try to understand but i cant, well this concert was gonna be more pretty for me than the Red Hot Chili Peppers concert here 2 years ago. Well i still have all my offspring discs, i thought this halloween gonna be the best ever n it gonna sux more than other :( . We dont have a lot of Bands like offspring coming here. A lot of friends are thinking like me and i just want to let you know how we feel. Altought i will keep listen and supporting you but it feels so bad :(. You can do something nice for us like a dedication in your new greatest hits or a song hehe, i think that can help us to feel much better. Thanks for reading.

MirandaV
10-30-2004, 04:39 PM
It must be so fucked up, im so sorry

GunForHire
10-30-2004, 05:56 PM
Yea, that must blow. If they'd cancelled the show I went to I'd probably have cried :(

Fej87
10-30-2004, 05:57 PM
Same here.

nitropenguin!
10-30-2004, 05:58 PM
I hope Dexter's beautiful voice recovers :( !

MirandaV
10-31-2004, 02:32 AM
Dexter's voice, can you here me? Get well plz

RobinoZombie
10-31-2004, 04:44 AM
it will
thats why they canceled ;(

Celdric
10-31-2004, 05:57 AM
Just make sure next tour includes Panama.
I think promising Panama folk that will calm them down.

MirandaV
10-31-2004, 07:02 AM
Yeah, Guys, entry journal and say something sweet to the Panama Fans!

Venezuelan_Nightmare
10-31-2004, 02:34 PM
Panama City Show Cancelled
(09/01/04) It is with great regret that The Offspring have to cancel their first ever concert appearance in Panama.

Dexter began having trouble with his voice at last night’s concert in Bogota, Colombia where the band performed at the El Campin Stadium in front of over 17,000 rocking fans. As the band are scheduled to record some songs for an upcoming greatest hits record next week, Dexter was advised to immediately put his voice to rest.

The band had been on the tail end of their 2003/2004 World Tour traveling and performing extensively in recent weeks – South Africa, Argentina, Brazil, Venezuela and Colombia.

The Offspring apologize to all their fans in Panama and promise to return on their next tour. Ticket refunds are available at point of purchase.
hey you know something if they will play again in venezuela? you know something ?? plzz answer me bye.

chicheme
10-31-2004, 03:34 PM
Offspring New cd...........................$18 with your credit card
Offspring T-shit.............................$20 with your credit card
V.I.P. tickets for the concert.........$65 with your credit card
Wait all you life to see offspring in concert...............priceless
That the concert that you have been waiting all your live was canceled..... OWNED

I was all excited about this concert, and a friend called me and told me that was canceled i almost crie.....

This is so fucking sad, and they didn't even move the concert to another date, they just canceled and that's it....
Life is so unfair whit us.... well i hope they comeback in their next tour...

RonWelty
10-31-2004, 03:42 PM
they will :D don ´t worry

RonWelty
10-31-2004, 03:50 PM
http://www.prensa.com/hoy/portada/58495.html