PDA

View Full Version : Which Metallica song should the Offspring cover?

Jimbob2005
03-25-2005, 04:57 AM
I'm bored, and I've neva seen a thread like this
So come on, what song by Metallica should they cover?
I'd like to see them cover The Unnamed Feeling
How about you?

Slim Pickens The Bomb Rider
03-25-2005, 05:04 AM
Metallica plays metal, Offspring plays punk. You should know that :rolleyes:

Jimbob2005
03-25-2005, 05:05 AM
yea i know
but then the offspring have covered non punk songs haven't they ???
And the offspring are described as punk metal too
It is possible that they could cover a metallica song....

03-25-2005, 05:08 AM
Metal punk,where did you hear that??? I don't think that's possible at all

BuddyHolly
03-25-2005, 06:22 AM
They should do a cover of Battery

Revolver-2005?
03-25-2005, 06:59 AM
they shouldnt cover any Metallica songs...cause metallica sucks

HeadAroundU
03-25-2005, 09:35 AM
shit! I don't know!
maybe UNFORGIVEN

dexterisMYman
03-25-2005, 09:59 AM
none they should never cover a metallica song. they're already cavering a police song 4 the greatest hits. they've covered 2 many songs.

Offspringforever
03-25-2005, 10:07 AM
I have no idea cos i don't realy listen to metalica :)

Jojan
03-25-2005, 12:53 PM
http://www.wildyams.com/blog/archives/metallica_sucks.jpg

dexterisMYman
03-25-2005, 02:10 PM
http://www.wildyams.com/blog/archives/metallica_sucks.jpg
they do suck. they made napster go away 4 alittle while and that pissed me off!

billiejoe87_greenday
03-25-2005, 02:21 PM
I fucking hate Metallica and Slipknot, these stupid heavy metal bands. Some System of a down is alright, but it's all pretty shit.

dexterisMYman
03-25-2005, 02:24 PM
has anyone beside me realize that 80's music is coming back and all the kids who never heard of any of the bands all of a sudden start liking them. am i the only one who hates those posser kids?

billiejoe87_greenday
03-25-2005, 02:27 PM
Im Aussie and I fucking hate Jet. I wreckon there the biggest bunch of wanker musicians to represent our country, there trying to be the new ACDC. (who most aussies dont like for some reason anyway). I hate the strokes and all these 80's sounding bands. Except the killers they're cool.

dexterisMYman
03-25-2005, 02:40 PM
no i really mean like old skool bands like ac/dc led zepplin and all those others are coming back. i mean then all these kids who never heard of them or never liked them are like OMFG LED ZEPPLINS MY FAVORITE BAND!! those kids piss me off cuz they're possers.

KappaWing
03-25-2005, 03:38 PM
They should cover Eye of the Beholder, Justice For All or Shortest Straw.

Maybe then they'll learn an effective way to express political views.

Jimbob2005
03-25-2005, 03:39 PM
they do suck. they made napster go away 4 alittle while and that pissed me off!
wot has every1 got against Metallica???
I think they r well good!

KappaWing
03-25-2005, 03:43 PM
:cool:
wot has every1 got against Metallica???
I think they r well good!

Me too :cool:

I liked the way they expressed their politics without sounding like the "Do wat i say cuz i'm famuz an smart" bands, like the Offspring. Metallica was cold, harsh, direct, and to the point throughout the whole Justice For All album. I guess that is what got me hooked... That and kirk's awesome solos. They only churn out commercial crap nowadays, but their 80's stuff is awesome.

03-25-2005, 03:47 PM
they should cover enter sandman

Enter sandman is a great songs, but that's just not The Offspring's style! Can't you guys see that

03-25-2005, 03:58 PM
that would be nice

dexterisMYman
03-25-2005, 04:05 PM
Enter sandman is a great songs, but that's just not The Offspring's style! Can't you guys see that
i can c it. the offsprings punk not metal.

03-25-2005, 04:06 PM
i can c it. the offsprings punk not metal.

You know it girl! ;) :D

dexterisMYman
03-25-2005, 04:12 PM
goddamn ur hot!!*grabs dexterb*

03-25-2005, 04:13 PM
Oh my!!! :D

The Talking Pie
03-25-2005, 04:14 PM
I guess that is what got me hooked... That and kirk's awesome solos.

They only churn out commercial crap nowadays, but their 80's stuff is awesome.
Kirk kicks an incredible amount of ass. And he's a Mark Ryden fan.

Commercial usually means that the song's catchy, and thus that lots of people want to listen to it. I've never been able to see why that's such a bad thing. People tend to say how their last few albums have been their worse. I'll admit, St. Anger was disappointing, but Reload is one Hell of an album. It's probably their most listenable album to people who aren't metal heads. Screamy lyrics and fast guitars doesn't = good music. Good music = good music. Metallica have played awesome music across all of their albums. If people want to say their latter albums are horrible then they're unwilling to think outside the confines of a single genre, and as such aren't qualified to be a critic. I mean really, if you're biased then what's the point?

Anyway, they should cover Damage, inc.

dexterisMYman
03-25-2005, 04:18 PM
Oh my!!! :D
yes oh my cuz ur all hott and shit!!

03-25-2005, 04:19 PM
Can you post a pic? Maybe u're hot too :D

dexterisMYman
03-25-2005, 04:21 PM
i dont know how to post pics on here if u have aim or msn i could send one but they're not all that good.

03-25-2005, 04:22 PM
i dont know how to post pics on here if u have aim or msn i could send one but they're not all that good.

I'll pm you about that ;)

pOpe
03-25-2005, 04:25 PM
I don't know what metallica's song offspring would have to cover but I know that they SHOULD NOT cover NOTHING ELSE MATTERS cause dexter don't have voice to sing that

Pd: sorry about my english, I'm spanish :p

nickspring-82
03-25-2005, 05:45 PM
dexter doesnt have the voice? you my friend know nothing about singers then lol dexters sings better than any band lead singer , except maybe those british 80's bands, however they squeal more than sing, dexters voice has a sort of husky deepness yet hes singing higher than a stoner on 420 i guarantee you, learn a thing or 2 before speaking, metallica singer isnt special

pOpe
03-26-2005, 04:43 AM
But Dexter's voice is so piercing... Dexter will destroy metallica's song, or Nirvana's songs, 'cause these singers have (or had :p ) voices very low (or deep... I don't know the word, sorry)

Awesomo
04-03-2005, 02:32 PM
If Offspring were to cover a song or two from each Metallica album, they should be
Kill 'Em All: Phantom Lord, No Remorse
Ride The Lightening: For Whom The Bell Tolls, Escape
Black Album: The Struggle Within, Enter Sandman (of course)
And Justice For All: One, Blackened
Load: Ain't My Bitch, The House Jack Built
Reload: Fuel, The Unforgiven II
St. Anger: NONE... well if they were to have a gun to their heads and HAD to cover some songs from this crap known as a Metallica album.... Invisible Kid, All Within My Hands

Come out and smash'em up!
04-04-2005, 01:07 PM
They really could cover battery it's one of the most punky songs.
Damage incs awesome too but its too metal for offspring.

Venezuelan_Nightmare
04-04-2005, 01:16 PM
Well i would like to hear Unforgiven, Seek And Destroy, One, Enter Sadman, Sad But True, Wiplash

Josh Freese
04-05-2005, 06:24 AM
Whiplash would be cool

notoriousdoc
04-05-2005, 06:27 AM
frantic me thinks

Tallica
04-05-2005, 10:05 AM
Cool thread! I seem to be drawn to these non offspring threads somehow :p . Gosh I'm not sure wich song they would cover cause there is so many awsome songs, but The Memory Remains maybe.

And for those who're critizising (I don't know how to spell that!) Metallica I just wanna say that you shouldn't yell it out like you do. "Metallica SUCKS! They ARE bad", I mean it's like you think that that's the way it is and everyone who doesn't think the same are stupid. You may not like Metallica, fine, great for you, you have your own musicflavour, and some offspring-fans like every other fan just can't be that open to different kinds of music so they're just sticking to what they like the best. BUT, everyone do not agree, agree to that! Now it's sounds like I'm preaching but I just want this off my chest. Now you may think otherwise but don't say it in a way when it sounds like you think that your opinion is the ultimate cause you remind me of some people in my class and it just exhausting to hear. Be open-minded. Rock on! music speaks to every each of us in different ways. And thank god for that. :D

You're all so inspiering to me :D and if you think that what I just wrote was just a bunch of crap, don't try to prove me wrong cause this is MY opinion and it always will be.

Satankaban
04-05-2005, 10:15 AM
Seek and destroy
Sad but true
Wherever I may roam
Welcome home (Sanitarium)
Master of Puppets

NIX-on-the-MAN
04-05-2005, 11:24 AM
None Of Them!!!

Jebus
04-05-2005, 05:00 PM
no i really mean like old skool bands like ac/dc led zepplin and all those others are coming back. i mean then all these kids who never heard of them or never liked them are like OMFG LED ZEPPLINS MY FAVORITE BAND!! those kids piss me off cuz they're possers
How do you know that they don't genuinely like those bands? How could you just call them posers just because they didn't like them before? People's taste in music could change. I used to like punk then I realised that it isn't that great. Alot of 80's rock and metal is superior than the crap we call music today. AC/DC and Zeppelin are pretty good IMHO and are so much more creative musicaly than today's bands including Offspring.

--
I'd really like to see them cover Master of Puppets or quite possibly fade to black but I don't think Dexter has the type of vocals that would match Metallica's style. I really think it would be a good idea to cover a Metallica song. It would give them a chance to expand their horizon.

scotishabbit
04-05-2005, 05:01 PM
metallica should cover TKAA, and not offspring any song of metalica

OffspringMan00
04-05-2005, 07:42 PM
none......

Fernômeno
04-05-2005, 07:58 PM
Fuel is a song that was born for dexter vocals...for sure...

Gordie
04-05-2005, 08:32 PM
Metal punk,where did you hear that??? I don't think that's possible at all

listen to the new Sum 41 CD.. thats punk metal.. atleast i think

oiPunxNotDeadoi
04-05-2005, 11:21 PM
Ok, first off. Sum41 sucks. They're music is so retarded now. They used to be like, 'punk rock' because it was 'cool' back then, but now that pop punk and all that annoying crap like Simple Plan isn't all over MTV, they've changed their musical style...

Anyways, The Offspring should NOT cover any Metallica songs because Metallica sucks ass.
(Except for Battery, that's a great song, but that's it.)

neocon58
04-05-2005, 11:53 PM
wake me up before you go go. that was metallica, wasn't it?

Mimile
04-06-2005, 01:17 AM
Fuel ! :D

Galagina
04-06-2005, 01:34 AM
I could almost hear Dexter and Noodles really unleashing a new sound on top of Metallica's Fade To Black. Immagine the darkness of the song fueled by the aggression the Offspring are so well known for.

offreak
04-08-2005, 11:08 AM
i dont think think they should cover anything. i typically do not like cover songs..... but i do have a couple exceptions....
like the offspring's hey joe which was jimi hendrix...
and metallica's, turn the page, die die my darling, the small hours, last caress, and stone cold crazy...
but any other covers ive come across i dont care for too much.....

notoriousdoc
04-08-2005, 11:13 AM
i dont think think they should cover anything. i typically do not like cover songs..... but i do have a couple exceptions....
like the offspring's hey joe which was jimi hendrix...
and metallica's, turn the page, die die my darling, the small hours, last caress, and stone cold crazy...
but any other covers ive come across i dont care for too much.....

what about smash it up? u heard that? thats a good cover(i keep saying this) :)

offreak
04-08-2005, 11:17 AM
what about smash it up? u heard that? thats a good cover(i keep saying this) :)
ok ok, i missed a few lol

Jimbob2005
04-08-2005, 11:48 AM
Cool thread! I seem to be drawn to these non offspring threads somehow :p . Gosh I'm not sure wich song they would cover cause there is so many awsome songs, but The Memory Remains maybe.
You are cool!

dexterisMYman
04-08-2005, 12:19 PM
Ok, first off. Sum41 sucks. They're music is so retarded now. They used to be like, 'punk rock' because it was 'cool' back then, but now that pop punk and all that annoying crap like Simple Plan isn't all over MTV, they've changed their musical style...

Anyways, The Offspring should NOT cover any Metallica songs because Metallica sucks ass.
(Except for Battery, that's a great song, but that's it.)
a person who i agree w/ thank you

lint
04-08-2005, 07:45 PM
Greg K. should cover Cliff Burton's "Anesthesia Pulling Teeth". Now i'd love to see that.

Tallica
04-09-2005, 12:19 PM
You are cool!

Thanx! Your are cool too :D

GregS
04-09-2005, 03:41 PM
no i really mean like old skool bands like ac/dc led zepplin and all those others are coming back. i mean then all these kids who never heard of them or never liked them are like OMFG LED ZEPPLINS MY FAVORITE BAND!! those kids piss me off cuz they're possers.

I'm not sure what your point is here...If kids that never heard of these bands start listening to them, and they like them, what's wrong with that? I think that's good.

lint
04-09-2005, 03:50 PM
Im Aussie and I fucking hate Jet. I wreckon there the biggest bunch of wanker musicians to represent our country, there trying to be the new ACDC. (who most aussies dont like for some reason anyway). I hate the strokes and all these 80's sounding bands. Except the killers they're cool.

how can you hate The Strokes? they are awesome! i like how the 2 guitarists sometime do different solos at the same time. that is cool.