PDA

View Full Version : Offpsring at Brazil

Pepsism
10-21-2004, 10:15 AM
Hi guys! I'm a 16 brazilian guy new at this forum and a huge fan of Offspring.
I'd like to say that i've been at the Offspring's show at PORTO ALEGRE, Brazil at October 18, and that was the best show of my life! They played for about 70 minutes, and songs like Mota and a Ramones very nice Blitzkrieg Bop cover in the "Gigantinho" (something like "Little Giant" in english) stadium.
The place was full of fans and we loved the show! Hope I can see another Offspring show one day, see ya guys, it's nice to meet you all here!

Ferna182
10-21-2004, 10:35 AM
they played MOTA AT BRAZIL???? THAT's not fear!!!!! IN ARGENTINA THEY DIDN'T PLAYED IT!!! :mad:

Pepsism
10-21-2004, 02:14 PM
Yeah..they played Mota :) that was awesome! Bad Habit was great too...like all their songs :cool:

Zee
10-21-2004, 02:20 PM
Yeah..they played Mota :) that was awesome! Bad Habit was great too...like all their songs :cool:

Woah, that's something unexpected from them.

theoffspringignite
10-21-2004, 02:32 PM
Holy shit they played Mota are you sure? I didn't think they'd done that in years.

Thassae
10-21-2004, 04:18 PM
COMO ASSIM???

axo q agora eu terei q ir no show do Claro Hall aqui no Rio de Janeiro
__________________________________________________ _________________________________________

HOW???

I guess now I'm obligated to go to the show at Claro Hall here in Rio!!!

DeadPool
10-21-2004, 04:59 PM
brazilian barbecue! YEAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! :D

the day of my life, im sure but...
You guys are sexyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

im brazilian from porto alegre and im amazed with their show. it was simply perfect, i think they can read minds playing mota and makin' the fake fans happy with that ramones cover. i was the third at the line .. it took from me about a day waiting on the wet floor but it was a LOT more than i expected..
maybe a ordinary show for they, cause they was a kind of strange at gigantinho. but a day to ramenber forever to me and others real fans.

and for u guys that speak english and think that here, in south america, we cant understand you.

Yes! we CAN understand you motherfuckers :D

hahaah.. great show.. im waiting for the next world tour guys, dont disappoint us ;)

Marcelo
10-21-2004, 04:59 PM
eu fui no show en sao paulo dia 20 foi mtooo irado

I went to their show at São Paulo on 10/20/04 it was incredible
:eek:

Chris
10-21-2004, 05:05 PM
anyone got a setlist to add to this thread? hearing mota though is pretty damn lucky

Ferna182
10-21-2004, 05:27 PM
NOT FAIR!!!! 3 shows at brazil and only ONE at argentina...... life is unfair

Pepsism
10-21-2004, 05:42 PM
E ae brazucas! hauahuha achei estranho mesmo quando eles tocaram Mota, mas gostei muito! Não sabia que era raro eles tocarem essa música, mas igual foi muito rox o show!
Consegui uma palheta do Greg Kriesel!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, when they started to play Mota, i thought that was strange, but i liked very much! I didnt know that was a rare thing to happen. The concert rockeeeeddddd anyway, that was the best day of my life! I got a "bass pick" from Greg Kriesel, it has, in one side the offspring skull symbol and a big K in the another side! RULEZZZZ

DeadPool
10-21-2004, 05:55 PM
fair or not. it was great :D

hey guys, lets speak only english here cuz they think that we are speaking another thing.

and to show some respect to the others members of this comunity ;)

Kit
10-21-2004, 06:58 PM
I SAW the "bass pick" LOL, I almost lost my life to get it and I didn´t!!! :mad: FUCKIN´DAMMIT! But I´m going to keep this moment for the rest of my life :D (Do not take pity on me, I´m just a girl (sucker) with no "bass pick")
The show in São Paulo was outstanding!!! I love it!!! Dexter keeps cute!!! Now and forever!!!

Pepsism
10-21-2004, 07:02 PM
LOL that was pretty hard to get the pick! I almost killed myself too, when i put my hands on the pick a crazy dude kicked my hand lol, then i lost the pick. After a couple of useless tries, my friend(girl) asked the roadies for a pick, and she got one for me :D that was pretty lucky

SpLinteR
10-21-2004, 10:01 PM
The Setlist! (10/20 - Credicard Hall - São Paulo, Brazil)

Neocon
The Noose
All I Want
Come Out and Play
Long Way Home
Hit That
Walla-Walla
Gone Away
The Worst Hangover Ever
Have you Ever
Bad Habit
Gotta Get Away
Want you Bad
Da Hui
Why Don't You Get a Job
Americana
Staring at the Sun
The kids aren't alright
Pretty fly
------------------------------------
(Can't get) My Head Around You
Blitzkrieg Bop
Self Esteem

I'm not sure about the order!

RobinoZombie
10-22-2004, 05:19 AM
Um i doubt this
As much as i doubt that they played
Shes got issues & Dammit, I changed again in france this year

DeadPool
10-22-2004, 10:32 AM
hmmm
mota stills exclusive from porto alegre's show :D

but they played walla walla there.. fuck.. :rolleyes:

ah, i dont know if i said before, but my friend bought a bass pick from the motherfucker security guy... damn.. he kick the pick from my friend's hand and after ask for 20 bucks that idiot.

well, that bass pick worth each cent

"One Blind Ass Motherfucker"

:D

SpLinteR
10-22-2004, 01:59 PM
Hey!

Pics from the São Paulo 10/20 show:

Offspring at Credicard Hall 10/20/04 (http://www.89fm.com.br/galeria/exibir.aspx?gal=517)

Reviews (portuguese):

Review ZonaPunk (http://www.zonapunk.com.br/ver_res_show.php?id=148)

Review IgPop (http://igpop.ig.com.br/materias/200501-201000/200775/200775_1.html)

;)

Thassae
10-22-2004, 06:12 PM
Mota was not exclusively for Porto Alegre... they played it in Sao Paulo too...
The show started now in Rio de Janeiro and I'm not there... I want to die!!!

moraes182
10-22-2004, 11:20 PM
In the show of Porto Alegre was very cool I spoke with Atom, catch 2 pieces of sticks and 3 picks (1 for bass and 2 of guitar), and 1 setlist. And my brother obtained to catch a beer that the Noodles hurled (the band, be drinking "Polar" beer, while sold the junk of the "kaiser" beer for us)
(Sorry for my very poor english)

Tiago M.C.
10-23-2004, 12:06 AM
:eek: I was at credicardhall in october 21... and that show was the best show I've ever sow... everybody body on there was junping anda I was very close to the satage... I like that very much... Offspring is the best!!!

Special Delivery BR.
10-23-2004, 12:52 AM
:cool: :D Yeah!! My 1st post here =) Im really "lost" in this forum.. My english sux, i am not geting anything ;-P (j/k) ....
Well... Im a girl from Brazil..ppl know me by "special delivery".. (i created this nickname when i discovered the offspring chatroom, bcuz of the music special delivery that i love!)..
MAN!!! THE SHOW AT THURSDAY WAS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WAS ONE OF THE BEST THINGS I DID IN ALL MY LIFE!( i wont say that it was the best show of my life bcuz it was the 1st real show i was!)...
OFFSPRING RULEZZZZZ!
The show was veryy coooll...... The band that opened the show suxx!!! The band is from Fortaleza- Brazil, and they play a ridicle mix of punk-rock, and brazilian hardcore... terrible lyrics, terrible vocal! lol ... Offspring deserves a better "open" show!
They played the best songs!! The olders and the most famous! =P
Songs like Mota, Self Esteem, Gone Away, Staring at the sun, etc, it made me insane!!!!!!!!
But... offspring needed to play One fine Day... it isnt my fav song, but this song is perfect to play in a show liveee!!!!!!1

Thuesday was the day that i more jumped, sang and "screamed" in all my life!!!!!!!!!!!
I love the offspring...
dexter is my god ;P Noodles.. is perfect! i will play like him when i "grow up" lol...

See ya ppl!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE SHOW WAS FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woo hooo
offspring 4ever!

special delivery Br.

Paula
10-23-2004, 06:48 AM
OOHHHHHH SHIIIIT!! :D

THE BEST SHOW OF MY LIFE!!!!! ALL I WANT TO SAY, THAT FANS SAID FOR ME ALREADY.......

But Gonne Away is the best song of them!!!!! :rolleyes:

I rebember i used to dislikes Atom.... but when he began to play NEOCON I gone Crazyyyy!! Heeee is crazy.....hum.....

Hhahaha!! Where is my little monkey nowww??? :confused:

They didn`t play mota in Rio..... =/

fuck...

Oh, yeah, WE waiting for u again!!!! dont disappoint us!! ;)

KISSESSS!!

Special Delivery BR.
10-23-2004, 09:34 AM
Yeaa... I said before.. the show was greeaaat!
I didnt know too that Mota isnt played usually.... =P Im happy for that....
Mota is a veryy cool song =P.. Unfortunally not a lot of ppl knew how to sing mota in the show (i did :-P) ....
But i really got insane when they played mota, bad habit and staring at the sun..... !!!!!!!!!!!
Before i enter in the credicard hall, securities motherfuckers didnt let me to take pix, and they took off the batery from my camera!!! ( fuck off, credicard ;P)... but ok... i took some pics in another sites =P

My friend that was in the show in Rio, got an "autógrafo" from Noodles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She's really lucky!

"YoUR MemoRie Is gONe N' So Is Ur Life, uR Life, moTA boY but losing out just never felt so riggghtttt! ...
YouR EneMY iS YoU N' so Is Ur liFE, ur LiFE, MOTa BoY, but losing out might feel ok all night!"

"Stupid, dumb, shit, godamn, motherucker!!!!!" <--- (it ws a cool part of the showww!)

=P see yaaa ppl :cool:

leo
10-23-2004, 10:54 AM
This is my first post at the offspring board, and i'm here to tell you guys, the offspring concert in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, was one of the best shows ever.

Set List:
Neocon
The Noose
All I Want
Come Out And Play
Long Way Home
Hit That
Gone Away
Worst Hangover Ever
Have You Ever
Bad Habit
Gotta Get Away
Want You Bad
Da Hui
Why Don't You Get A Job
Americana
Staring At The Sun
The Kids Aren't Alright
Pretty Fly
ENCORE:
Blitzkrieg Bop
I Can't Get My Head Around You
Self Steem

I recorded it on audio tape, the quality is weird, but it's ok, and did some videos with the digital camera. if you wanna trade, msg me at leocosme@gmail.com
Thanks,
Leo.

Line_Holland*(Brazil-SP)
10-23-2004, 01:50 PM
Hello everybody...this is my first post here...I want to share to tou, the BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!! I was there, on the OFFSPRING show, 20 october, in Credicard Hall (Brazil/Sao Paulo)...I was there, on the front line, right in front of Noodles...and I was holding a letter, where was writen: "SELF ESTEEM PLEASE!!", Noodles saw it, and looked smiling at me!!!!Uou....and the best part of the show was: on the otherside of the letter, I wrote: "PUNK ROX! I LOVE YOU, DEXTER" and, believe in me...he read it, and smiled at me!!!Only for me!!Then, he want to the otherside of the stage...3 minutes later, he came back, and sttopped in front of me, and he pointed at me, and smiled for me again!!!I cried all along the show...on this day, they didn´t play Mota, they played Blitzred Pop by Ramones...and the last song was Self esteem...Noodles didn´t lie to me!!!They looked at me...I´m so happy!!!!!This certainly was the best day of my life....kisses to everybody, and do THE OFFSPRING!!!
*************OFFSPRING RULES********************

Line_Holland*(Brazil-SP)
10-23-2004, 01:51 PM
Hello everybody...this is my first post here...I want to share to tou, the BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!! I was there, on the OFFSPRING show, 20 october, in Credicard Hall (Brazil/Sao Paulo)...I was there, on the front line, right in front of Noodles...and I was holding a letter, where was writen: "SELF ESTEEM PLEASE!!", Noodles saw it, and looked smiling at me!!!!Uou....and the best part of the show was: on the otherside of the letter, I wrote: "PUNK ROX! I LOVE YOU, DEXTER" and, believe in me...he read it, and smiled at me!!!Only for me!!Then, he want to the otherside of the stage...3 minutes later, he came back, and sttopped in front of me, and he pointed at me, and smiled for me again!!!I cried all along the show...on this day, they didn´t play Mota, they played Blitzred Pop by Ramones...and the last song was Self esteem...Noodles didn´t lie to me!!!They looked at me...I´m so happy!!!!!This certainly was the best day of my life....kisses to everybody, and do THE OFFSPRING!!!

Line_Holland*(Brazil-SP)
10-23-2004, 01:55 PM

SECO
10-23-2004, 02:45 PM
OCTOBER, 18 was the best day of my life so far.......PORTO ALEGRE was a super privileged city who supported the super concert of THE OFFSPRING.....
I cannot believe that I saw dexter noodles greg atom and higgins at live!!!!OFSSPRING RRRUUUUULLLLESSSS......God Save THE OFFSPRING

SpLinteR
10-23-2004, 03:16 PM
More photos!! (São Paulo/Brazil - 10/20/04)

click here (http://cifraclub.terra.com.br/fotos/offspring/index.php?foto=01)

el_ekeko
10-23-2004, 05:23 PM
on oct 29 The Offspring is playing in Colombia and if they did great in Brazil i can´t wait to see them here!
does anyone heave the setlist they performed in Brazil?

PresidentKiller
10-23-2004, 05:35 PM

Ah, shut up... On this tour the people at Croatia were waiting for them, but because of some problems with the Croatian border, they couldn't do the show, so the Croatians didn't have the opportunity to actually see them live for the first time.

As for me, they didn't come to Mexico, they only got here once in 1999... ONCE! and they went to Argentina 2 times that year and once this year, yet you don't see me saying that it's not fair. Yes, life is unfair sometimes, but be glad with what you've got.

Burner
10-23-2004, 06:13 PM
AE UHULLLLL
FUI NO SHOW ONTEM E FOI MT FODA!!! AS MELHORES MÚSICAS NA MINHA OPINIÃO FORAM, the noose, hit that, all i want, the kids aren´t alright, come out and play, why don't you get a job e Blitzkrieg bop!!!!!
o show foi mt foda!!!!!!! :D

evildan
10-23-2004, 06:43 PM
man , this guys are the best, after the show they are very tired, but when they already was in the van to go out, dexter get off and came to talk with us, it's about 1:00 am, and say thanks for the show , give some autographs and made our happy, tjis was day 21 at credicard hall , são paulo brazil, my best show too, a'm waiting for the next time since today!

guneves
10-23-2004, 08:47 PM
Hey folks!

I'm a 19 years old guy from Rio, and I just came from the Offspring show here in Rio.
For sure, the best show in my life.
When they played Gone Away, I got so high... The best music of the show, for sure!! After this, they played All I Want and Come Out and PLay in sequence!! I went insane!!!

OFFSPRING RULES!!! COME TO BRAZIL EVERY YEAR!!

See ya!

Igor_fromthehell
10-23-2004, 09:00 PM
I'm a brazilian I'd like to say that i've been at the Offspring's show at Sao paoloBrazil at October 21, and that was the best show of my life!___COME TO BRAZIL EVERY YEAR!!.......PLEASE
__________________________________________________ ____________
carralho curti mto o show ,nunca pulei e gritei tanto na minha vida........porra quando toco bad habit eu fui ao delirio........caramba eu jah curtia mto offspring agora então........THE OFFSPRING essa banda eh mfoda msm
_Por favor voltem ao brasil

Leo_ARG
10-23-2004, 09:00 PM
Well, in Argentina they went off the stage to take a break and came back they played Can't get my head around you I think.
But in that intermission everybody was yelling "hey ho let's go!".My guess is that they realized(or remembered) that we love the Ramones here in South America.
So next time we will insist a bit more and I hope the play it.

However, I would like to listen I wanna be sedated by Offspring, they did that song for a Ramones tribute.
I would leave Bliztkieg bop for Die Toten Hosen.
It's kinda odd if all the punk bands do the same song ;)

PresidentKiller
10-23-2004, 10:09 PM
However, I would like to listen I wanna be sedated by Offspring, they did that song for a Ramones tribute.

Yes, that would be really cool. :cool:

Fernômeno
10-24-2004, 07:10 PM
Hey, I went to the offspring show at the Credicard Hall on 21/10/2004 and I can´t remember the correct order of the songs, If someone knows the correct order of the set list of this day, please tell me, the show was DO KARALHO !!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------Seguinte moçada, fui no show do dia 21 em sao paulo e foi do karalho, o show mais foda do mundo, só q naum lembro da ordem das músicas, se alguém souber me manda aí...valeu...Porra..o começo de americana foi de arrepiar os pelos da bunda...FLOW...

FooSnake
10-24-2004, 07:19 PM
I'm go in the show of porto alegre, i don't have words to descrive but... FOI MUITO AFUDE!!!:D they are the best's... i'm take a "autografo"(i don't know how it's this in english)as ATOM!!! Here have photo of him walking in Porto Alegre before the show ( he said in the journal: " I made the mistake of going out side before the show to try and get some fan of the day shots and I got mobbed!")
Click here to see... (http://www.dinkwinki.pop.com.br/atom.jpg)

see ya, teh...

Special Delivery BR.
10-24-2004, 07:53 PM
Aí gente =P
Já postei outras vezes, ja disse que o show foi mais do que foda!!!!!! foi uma das melhores coisas que ja fiz em td minha vida .. foi o dia em q mais pulei, cantei, gritei, cansei, em td minha vidaaaa!
...Pow gentee
SE ALGUÉM FOI NO SHOW DO DIA 21/10, NO CREDICARD HALL- SP, E LEMBRA DE TODAS AS MUSICAS E DA ORDEM QUE ELES TOCARAM , PLZZ POSTA AQUI :-) valeu!!!!!!!

Nem sei se lembro de todas as musicas!, vou escrever as que eu lembro, se faltarem alguma, escrevam, plz!!!

Bad habit
Self Esteem
Come out and play
Mota
Gone away
All i want
Have you ever
Staring at the sun
Pretty Fly
Why don't you get a job
The Kids arent alright
Americana
Want you bad
Long way home
Da hui
hit that
cant get my head around you
the noose (?)
the worst hangover ever
Gotta get away (?)

QUE MAISSS???! DEU BRANCO =P

O SHOW FOI DO KRAIU...
Bjs see ya
:D

Fernômeno
10-25-2004, 10:22 AM
Seguinte velho, só faltou Neocon nessa tua lista aí, e quanto a ordem o esquema é o seguinte, foi Neocon, The Noose, All I Want, Come Out and Play, isso com certeza, daí naum sei se foi Motta e depois Long Way Home e Hit That ou se foi Long Way Home, HIT That e depois Motta, daí pra frente só sei que Bad Habit e Gotta Get Away ficaram juntas uma atrás da outra e que a ultima antes do Encore foi Kid's Aren't Alright. E o encore fechou o show com Can't Get My Head Around You, Pretty Fly e Self Steam.

Se alguém souber a ordem do resto das músicas aí por favor façam a gentileza....flow..

Snapplemonkey
10-25-2004, 11:34 AM
I went to their show yesturday in Recife! One of the best shows i have ever been to! Im not a big Offspring fan but i shurely loved their show! They didnt play Mota here but they playse alot of other songs wich kept everyone satisfied!

Strider
10-25-2004, 12:24 PM
This was the setlist for their show at Chevrolet Hall (RECIFE) :

1. Neocon
2. The Noose
3. All I Want
4. Hit That
5. Have You Ever
6. Long Way Home
7. The Worst Hangover Ever
8. Da Hui
9. Want You Bad
10. Gotta Get Away
11. Bad Habit
12. Self-Esteem
13. Pretty Fly (For A White Guy)
14. Why Don't You Get A Job
15. Americana
16. Staring At The Sun
17. Come Out And Play
18. The Kids Aren`t Alright
<Cover> HEY HO LET`S GO
19. (Can`t Get My) Head Around You

Neocon was the first one but I`m not sure about the correct order of the others ! LOL They played for about 1h 20 min...`Twas the best day ever in my life! OFFSPRING É DO CARALHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :cool: The only bad point is that they didn`t play either Mota or Million Miles Away...

Strider
10-25-2004, 01:25 PM
Aw, i forgot! They also played Gone Away! I might not have heard well because i was at the rear of the audience with my...huh...possibly-yet-to-be girlfriend (Hey Special Delivery BR, you know of whom I speak, right? It's all in that e-mail I sent you!)

SpLinteR
10-28-2004, 10:22 PM
PHOTOS!!!!!

(Chevrolet Hall, Recife, Brazil - 10/24/2004)

click here (http://www.reciferock.com.br/fotos/17072004/576/index.htm)

;)

Funky-Munky
10-28-2004, 10:40 PM
hi everyone ya....

Raquel
10-31-2004, 10:42 AM
hey todo mundo!

alguém aí tirou alguma foto do show em Porto Alegre???
eu estava lá só q não consegui tirar nenhuma..
o show deles foi ótimo e eu adorei quando eles fizeram cover de Ramones, pq eu era uma das q estavam insistindo desde o show do Tequila para alguém fazer uma homenagem ao Jhonny...

Billy Joe(Thomas)
11-01-2004, 03:56 PM
Offspring na veia
ass:sk8

Silvana
11-04-2004, 10:27 AM
Oh yeah! Offspring have to come to Brazil every year!! :)
The show was great! I just loved and I need more..... and more....
Kisses
Si

LuH
11-04-2004, 02:06 PM
Brazil is a BIGGER country!!!! Maybe that's why!! >=0P

Venezuelan_Nightmare
11-04-2004, 02:59 PM
that is great everyyeah see offspring in concert wowww but m from venezuela :(

LuH
11-05-2004, 10:40 AM
I went to their concert in Recife... and, ofcourse it was awesome!!!!! THE BEST CONCERT EVER!!!!! :D

Paula
11-07-2004, 04:59 AM
LOVE OFSPRING!!!!!!!!!! :p :o :rolleyes: :cool:

Marcelo
11-07-2004, 07:31 AM
koolll I went to their show at sao paulo it was great

moskito
11-07-2004, 11:31 AM
I love off spring man its almost my life i hear all the songs and albuns i have them allllll
its the best song as ever
any one how is like me talk with me
:cool: :D