PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Terri Schiavo

KappaWing
03-26-2005, 09:58 AM
Am I the only one who thinks that this small family matter has been blown way out of proportion by the media? I mean, THOUSANDS of innocents die every day with preventable causes, what makes her so fucking special?

No one cares about her! No one cares about her family OR her husband!

She is a retarted vegetable sitting there wasting the court's time when they could actually be settling something important!

Its not like starving to death will cause her discomfort, as parts of her brain have been liquified. She can't feel hunger, pain, or thirst. I say just fucking pull the plug and concentrate on more important matters! BECAUSE NO ONE FUCKING GIVES A SHIT!!!

Linda
03-26-2005, 11:01 AM
I believe Terri was supposed to die and go her maker 15 years ago. Her husband has taken very good care of her all these years. She was put on a feeding tube from the very start. Her parents just don't want to let her go.
People are calling her husband a monster for not wanting the feeding tube re-inserted, but if he was a monster, he would have left her a long time ago.
I think her time to go is long overdue. She's NOT living in the state she's in.
She's been brain dead from the beginning of her ordeal. All she can do is lie there with her mouth open. It's a very sad situation, but I truly do not believe God meant for her to be kept alive all this time. People are saying, let God decide when it's time for her to go. I believe he decided that 15 years ago, and since it was stopped back then, he is calling for her now. I think keeping her alive as she has been is way more monstrous than letting her go. I doubt she's feeling any pain, since she is brain dead. I'm probably repeating myself here, but the way she has been the past 15 years is NOT a life. This case has been blown so out of proportion, I think, because of the length of time it has been going on. This is not the first time the feeding tube has been removed, but I think this will be the time it will not be put back. All I can say now is, Terri Schiavo, now you can finally rest in peace.
God Bless You.

Endymion
03-26-2005, 11:51 AM
but if he was a monster, he would have left her a long time ago.

no, if he were a good man he would have put a bullet through her skull fifteen years ago.

NOAMR
03-26-2005, 12:50 PM
I also think it's overrated, it's freaking that the government makes a law so that 1 person can stay 'alive'. They don't have one thing to say in somebody else his live, it's a family bussiness and it's a sign of misused power. But hopefully it opens some eyes in America and the rest of the world that it isn't always necessary to keep an almost dead alive.

ninth
03-26-2005, 01:37 PM
Have some Ninth blog action:

Medical technology has destroyed natural selection and is a drain on the economy.

Case in point: Terri Schiavo. Even I change the channel in disgust when Limbaugh or 89.1 start talking about praying for Terri Schiavo and the injustice against her. To loosely quote Rush Limbaugh, "Who are we to decide who dies?" The logical retort would be, "Who are we to decide who lives?" When you've been dependant upon life support to live for more than a decade how is that considered living?
The cold hard facts are these sorts of people are a financial drain on the vegetable's guardian(s) (as the funds used to keep them alive could be allocated elsewhere, such as the stock market or somewhere useful) and an emotional drain on the people who care for them. If Terri Schiavo had died during her heart failure fifteen years ago she would be rotting in the ground right now and her family would have moved on. Instead, she hangs about in a hospital ward, a physical ghost who haunts not only the memories of those around her, but their day to day lives.
For this reason my radio dial will stay on frequency modulation for no less than two more weeks (during which time Terri Schiavo should meet her supposedly "untimely demise") and I'll listen to pop music instead of talk radio.

shatskater
03-26-2005, 04:18 PM
Normally I would totally agree....in this case....its normal, I agree....but KappaWing, pardon me for saying, but you for starting this thread is just as bad. Your doing exactly what the media and her family wants to happen. Starting topics about it, asking questions, getting opinions so on and so forth, and not that its that bad, but this is broadcasted all over the internet where anybody can have acess to it, getting it out to the media, and theirfore causing more controversy...however in this case, i agree with you. they should let her die....but the way it is being done i dont agree with...she is being starved to death, i dont give a shit, if you are a retard or not, starving is starving....dieing of thirst is dieing of thirst, your gunna feel pain, and i can almost promise you she is also. however, she cant do shit about it. I just think it is bad the way they are doing this, because i dunno if u no, or remember but about a month ago, President Bush came out, showing to the world, "America's disagreement with torture"....i dnno about you, but to me, starving is torture, i dont want to starve, i dont want to be malnourished, so ya. basically i think they should do something like a lethal injection, something quick and painless, so ya.

KappaWing
03-26-2005, 04:32 PM
Normally I would totally agree....in this case....its normal, I agree....but KappaWing, pardon me for saying, but you for starting this thread is just as bad. Your doing exactly what the media and her family wants to happen. Starting topics about it, asking questions, getting opinions so on and so forth, and not that its that bad, but this is broadcasted all over the internet where anybody can have acess to it, getting it out to the media, and theirfore causing more controversy...however in this case, i agree with you. they should let her die....but the way it is being done i dont agree with...she is being starved to death, i dont give a shit, if you are a retard or not, starving is starving....dieing of thirst is dieing of thirst, your gunna feel pain, and i can almost promise you she is also. however, she cant do shit about it. I just think it is bad the way they are doing this, because i dunno if u no, or remember but about a month ago, President Bush came out, showing to the world, "America's disagreement with torture"....i dnno about you, but to me, starving is torture, i dont want to starve, i dont want to be malnourished, so ya. basically i think they should do something like a lethal injection, something quick and painless, so ya.

Lethal injection would no doubt be better, but euthanasia is illegal in the US, so they are not allowed to do that. What kind of a fucking country is this when the government is allowed to starve people to death but not allowed to end their lives quick and painlessly?

Normal retards would feel hungrer/thirst/pain, but remember that most of her brain has been liquified. If they do end up starving her to death, she will only feel a slow drainage of energy from her body, like you feel when your're sleepy.

I started this thread to point out how rediculously the justice system is around here. Keeping her alive would be torture. If her brain was still functional, killing her would be torture also. The only painless way to kill her would be a quick and easy one, but those are fucking outlawed. I can't stand those people who say that god will choose when she dies, because if it weren't for science, she would have died already, and she wouldent be wasting resources!

dirtybird
03-26-2005, 06:00 PM
I'm doing a controversial paper on her.. but all I know is that I wouldn't want to be kept artificially alive unless I had atleast a 50 percent chance of reviving.

ninth
03-26-2005, 06:02 PM
Who's Terri Schiavo?
A vegetable from Florida.

Linda
03-27-2005, 11:39 AM
She's BRAIN DEAD, dumbfuck, she's NOT in a COMA! :rolleyes:

shatskater
03-27-2005, 04:20 PM
You're A Fucking Vegetable
We Tried To Pull The Plug
But You Still Wouldn't Die
You're A Dumb Stupid Fag

You Shit In A Bag
You Piss In A Tube
You Can't Walk
You Can't Move

You're In A Coma
You're In A Coma
You're In A Coma
You're In A Coma

I Tried To Give You A Hotfoot
But You Didn't Notice
You're Gay And You're In A Coma
You're A Fruit And Vegetable

I didnt like you before....but now.....you are one of my most favorite people on this site, that is so funny, even if it is incorrect....its the thought that counts.

Homer
03-28-2005, 12:15 AM
Fuck! This is the dumbest thing ever! just fucking kill her and get on with our lives... no justice system is a good one, that's the only fucking conclusion I have today.

dirtybird
03-28-2005, 06:35 AM
You're A Fucking Vegetable
We Tried To Pull The Plug
But You Still Wouldn't Die
You're A Dumb Stupid Fag

You Shit In A Bag
You Piss In A Tube
You Can't Walk
You Can't Move

You're In A Coma
You're In A Coma
You're In A Coma
You're In A Coma

I Tried To Give You A Hotfoot
But You Didn't Notice
You're Gay And You're In A Coma
You're A Fruit And Vegetable

Put a riff to it.

T-6005
03-29-2005, 03:46 AM
Put a riff to it.

....with lyrics like that, might as well try and harmonize an Am add11 chord and a C#.

dirtybird
03-29-2005, 05:02 PM
....with lyrics like that, might as well try and harmonize an Am add11 chord and a C#.

Sarcasm, douche.

T-6005
03-30-2005, 04:22 AM
Can't say much to that except that I knew already, I guess....

dirtybird
03-30-2005, 07:05 PM
You hide it well, then.

Unnatural Disaster
03-31-2005, 04:28 PM
She finally died today

Omni
03-31-2005, 04:32 PM
She's been dead 15 years.

Unnatural Disaster
03-31-2005, 04:33 PM
yeah, brain dead.... but she's completely dead now.

Omni
03-31-2005, 06:08 PM
Theres not really a difference when it's as bad as it was for her :-/

She could have died more quickly and humanely, but I think it was the best thing to do to pull the plug.

dirtybird
03-31-2005, 07:58 PM
"Her spirit was already gone..."

Yep .

UgLy_eLf
03-31-2005, 11:09 PM
Her parents are fucking CUNTS. I cannot believe they kept that poor woman alive for 15 years, imagine being stuck in your body for 15 years without moving a muscle.... Someone should "INhumanely euthanize" them.

Linda
04-01-2005, 06:46 PM
Elfy, I totally agree with you on that!

JohnnyNemesis
04-01-2005, 07:00 PM
I agree with the Ugly Elf too. Totally agree.

What annoys me is that no one (in the media) wants to discuss how she got in that position in the first place. Rather than some sympathetic sensationalized bullshit, why not talk about this case and use it to discourage BULIMIA, rather than furthering some fanatical religious agenda?

Bah.

Linda
04-01-2005, 07:15 PM
haha I was reading a bunch of posts on the AOL message boards about this case, and I got so annoyed at the stupid things people were saying, that I posted a topic. My account got a security lock put on it because I called the posters fucking morons! LMAO It was so funny. I was only telling the truth and what happened to freedom of speech! :D