PDA

View Full Version : offspring doing cover songs of other bands songs and other bands doing offspring cove

yusuke-lupin
03-26-2005, 11:45 AM
i was just wondering if any one could help me find all the covers that offspring yhas done of other bands songs and that other bands have done of offspring songs hear is my list songs offsprings done covers of that i know of:ballroom blits a bit of the song basketcase by greenday and your a mean one mr.grinch and i wanna be sadated by the ramones hey joe by jimi hendrix
territorial pissings by nervana vid killed the radio star total immortal thats all iv herd of covers by the offspring i think plz add bands that have coverd offspring songs: richard cheese did a cover of come out and play and evergreen terrace did a cover of the kids arnt all right thats all i can think of right now plz add i would be very greatfull :)

offspringintenselyrock
03-26-2005, 11:48 AM
The video killed the radio star one is fake. Look at my post 'Any downloadio requests' there's loads on there.

Jimbob2005
03-26-2005, 11:55 AM
offspring didn't do:
you're a mean one mr grinch
cleveland rocks
video killed the radio star

presidents of the united states of america did the last two

they did do:
bloodstains (agent orange cover)
52 girls (b52s cover)
one hundred punks (generation x cover)
autonomy (buzzcocks cover)
hey joe (jimi hendrix cover)
i got a right (iggy pop cover)
smash it up (the damned cover)
total immortal (afi cover)
sin city (acdc cover)

NOTE: ive only mentioned non-album tracks

DirtyMagic_FIN
03-26-2005, 12:19 PM
Evanescence has played "Self Esteem" once live and it sounded pretty good.. It was fun to listen because the audience sung the whole song whit Amy Lee, it sounded like they knew that song :rolleyes:
And "Evergreen Terrace" has done cover from The Kids Aren't Alright

Other songs that Offspring has covered:
80 Times (TSOL cover)

yusuke-lupin
03-26-2005, 12:20 PM
ya i sorta thot that well thxs for telling me that and is cleveland rock ballroom blits? if not then am i the only one who heard it its not that good any ways very its very hard to hear and i dont think its by the offspring tho may be tho i dont know

offspringintenselyrock
03-26-2005, 12:21 PM
offspring didn't do:
you're a mean one mr grinch
cleveland rocks
video killed the radio star

presidents of the united states of america did the last two

they did do:
bloodstains (agent orange cover)
52 girls (b52s cover)
one hundred punks (generation x cover)
autonomy (buzzcocks cover)
hey joe (jimi hendrix cover)
i got a right (iggy pop cover)
smash it up (the damned cover)
total immortal (afi cover)
sin city (acdc cover)

NOTE: ive only mentioned non-album tracks

Haha wow you're a fountain of knowledge!

yusuke-lupin
03-26-2005, 12:25 PM
o ya iv herd of the Evanescence self esteem cover well since it seems everyone knows all the songs the offspring coverd lets find the bands + the song tyhat other bands have done covers of offsring songs ?

Jerry
03-26-2005, 12:33 PM
They also played teritorial pissing (nirvana), undone (weezer), iron man (black sabbath), ballroom blitz (sweet), basket case (green day), killboy powerhead it's a cover too (i don't remember artist), WDYGAJ is a cover too, they played a short parts of various artists before mtv music awards (it was a joke :P britney spear, roan keating etc.), there was a "The Greates Tribute To The Offspring" a lot of bands played offspring songs.... What else... I don't remember, but I'm sure that I missed a lot and there a lot of such songs more...

offspringintenselyrock
03-26-2005, 12:37 PM
The Offspring did a cover of Basket Case?

DirtyMagic_FIN
03-26-2005, 12:39 PM
WTF?! WDYGAJ is a cover?! :eek:
Killboy Powerhead is done by The Didjits, it's written in Smash booklett.

Jerry
03-26-2005, 12:40 PM
http://offspring.art.pl/media2004sum/covers/3.mp3

here you have basket case.

Sory!!! Feelings not wdygaj :P my mistake, forgive me :)

Revolver-2005?
03-26-2005, 12:42 PM
WDYGAJ isnt a cover...its a mockery of Obla Di Obla da by the Beatles lol...and a group called Norhter did a cover of Smash

yusuke-lupin
03-26-2005, 12:44 PM
smash it up is on the batmen forever soundtrack and bloodstains is on the ready to rumble soundtrack lol they are on album and great job thx now i know alot more of ther covers and stuff :)

Jerry
03-26-2005, 12:46 PM
WDYGAJ isnt a cover...its a mockery of Obla Di Obla da by the Beatles lol...and a group called Norhter did a cover of Smash

I know I know! It was just a mistake... I had "feelings" in my head but I've written wdygaj, i dont know why

DirtyMagic_FIN
03-26-2005, 12:47 PM
Well I thought also so... :D
Feelings is originally done by Morris Albert.. Offspring version is better :D
And Pretty Fly contains sample from Def Leppard song "Rock Of Ages" :p

offspringintenselyrock
03-26-2005, 12:47 PM
Wow thanx! Haha that was great! :D
(basket case) I love that song.

Jerry
03-26-2005, 12:51 PM
Do you know why dexter choosed 'feelings'? He said: "feelings" is a very sad, romantic and very.... stupid song :) And that's the couse, the most important is to chose the dumbest song you ever heard :)

yusuke-lupin
03-26-2005, 12:51 PM
feelings is a cover not the words the beat tho

DirtyMagic_FIN
03-26-2005, 12:54 PM
They have changed and added some words to the original "Feelings" song.
That "D'oh!" in the middle of Feelings is awesome :cool:

A clip from original "Feelings" :
Feelings, nothing more than feelings,
trying to forget my feelings of love.
Teardrops rolling down on my face,
trying to forget my feelings of love.

...And Offspring version :
Feelings, nothing more than feelings
Trying to forget my, feelings of hate
Imagine, beating on your face
Trying to forget my, feelings of hate

yusuke-lupin
03-26-2005, 12:57 PM
ther is too remixed pritty fly for a wite guy song one is low rider and the other is by fat boy slim they both are awsome :) and i herd thers a why dont u get a job low rider remix to and thx for the whole basketcase song i have a bit of it then dexter goes into self-esteem u guys should hear it its the best time iv herd self-esteem ever :)

yusuke-lupin
03-26-2005, 01:11 PM
thers the most well know one pritty fly for a white guy spoof and its laundry day its a spoof of come out and play and the awfull dont even get close to it why dont u get a job porody its called osama why dont u get a job or something it sucks bad

vintagepunkrock7
03-27-2005, 12:41 PM
doea anyone know where i an find the evanessence version of self-esteem? im alittle interested to hear how they did with it. didnt really care to much for the norther cover of smash, too much screaming for me. i do like the fatboy slim remix of pretty fly and the (i think)wiseguys remix of WDYGAJ, its something different. the james hall techno remix of da hui is also interesting i think.

4eh
03-27-2005, 12:47 PM
btw, Offspring has got 2 versions of "Hey Joe"

DirtyMagic_FIN
03-27-2005, 12:49 PM
Can you speak russian? :rolleyes:
http://www.theoffspring.us/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=19
There it is.. Evanescences version of Self Esteem..

vintagepunkrock7
03-27-2005, 01:08 PM
thanks, it wasnt bad. no, i cant speak russian but i can still get around the website, the titles are in english so that helps. it seems that all the websites that i cant read are the ones that always have what im looking for lol.

yusuke-lupin
03-27-2005, 03:10 PM
o thats a awsome site :) thx really helped ya that evanescens cover was pritty good and iv never herd the da hui remix :) its awsomne to and the pritty fly for a white guy space echo remix was amazeing :) and o ya i herd a live in concert remix of pritty fly for a white guy wher vanilla ice is singing with them and starts singing ice ice in the middle then gose back to pritty fly lol it was pritty good :) lol