PDA

View Full Version : Being Poor....

UgLy_eLf
03-26-2005, 02:58 PM
Has got to be the biggest pain in the ass, and the worst situation I've ever been in. Im just thinking about everything I am missing out on because of my financial situation. I cant go to parties because bus fair, believe it or not costs you, even if its a short ride. I cant go hang out with friends at shows, I have to be extremely picky with that shit because scrapping up 5 bucks its proving to be difficult here. No TV, cant rent movies, for the past week or so I've been mooching on my friend goin' to his place for a little TV, and hang out time. I cant get driven anywhere because oh gee, the other day I was driving around and the empty gas sign popped up, spent 3$ on gas (this is 1 1/2 gallons) felt like an uber ass.. just so I could get home. I've got a telephone and Im thankful we can still afford 10$ a month for the net otherwise I'd probably go jump off of a bridge. Now everyones running off on spring break vacation, and I've got a week to sulk in my penny-less situation. I cant find work because I need MONEY to update some fuckin legal papers that would allow me to work (fuck the immigration department) Living with my mom is ridiculous, I need her help and she WONT help, hell she's rejecting jobs! WHAT the hell is this woman thinking? Yay for ramen noodles or else I'd be starving right now, and Yay for a couple of guys who're spotting me in the money department when it comes to going to shows, without them I'd probably never leave the goddamn house.

Anyone who is poor can get in on the bitching thread I've started here, comfort another poor person with your tales of woe.

Noodles is gay
03-26-2005, 03:01 PM
Library?

You don't need a lot of money; pop down to your local library for entertainment!

UgLy_eLf
03-26-2005, 03:03 PM
Shit thanks for the idea!

But I've got a better one... First.. I need a really cute bunny, then I need to make a website and a pay pal account.... (http://www.savetoby.com)

Endymion
03-26-2005, 03:04 PM
i wouldn't know, i have 45k in stocks at the moment.

*not to mention two paid research possitions which completely cover my monthly expenditures.

Noodles is gay
03-26-2005, 03:05 PM
Shit thanks for the idea!

But I've got a better one... First.. I need a really cute bunny, then I need to make a website and a pay pal account.... (http://www.savetoby.com)

sarcasm? I was being serious! Books rock!

mmmm....rabbit! Rabbits have the nicest meat on the planet (alongside duck with plum sauce and lamb)

*drool*

EAT HIM! I would!

UgLy_eLf
03-26-2005, 03:12 PM
Reeding is fur fools! I could always check out some documentaries on video......someone shoot me....

Noodles is gay
03-26-2005, 03:13 PM
Reeding is fur fools! I could always check out some documentaries on video......someone shoot me....

happily

*bang*

(you didn't like reeding!)

Noodles is gay
03-26-2005, 03:16 PM
I'm pretty rich right now, seeing as i get money from my job but don't spend it because i'm too much of a loser to go out and i just read books instead...go me! :o

foxy
03-26-2005, 03:19 PM
not poor not rich coz i spend most of my money on my pc

UgLy_eLf
03-26-2005, 03:23 PM
TripBoy is an intelligent man, he knows all the ins and outs of being poor. Im gonna try that walk in and pretend to fit in at a buffet thing :D

shatskater
03-26-2005, 04:08 PM

How about you ditch the $10 a month for internet, and then head down to ur library and use the net....i mean shit...atleast u will have $10, besides, if I had to choose food or an Offspring concert over a month with internet at my house, i would take the first choice anyday!

Noodles is gay
03-26-2005, 04:10 PM
How about you ditch the $10 a month for internet, and then head down to ur library and use the net....i mean shit...atleast u will have $10, besides, if I had to choose food or an Offspring concert over a month with internet at my house, i would take the first choice anyday!

Good idea but:

LIBRARY FOR BOOKS, BOOKS!!!

Noodles is gay
03-26-2005, 04:26 PM
Jenny, stop trying to force your idea of fun onto other people.

That's what libraries should be for, dammit! Not all this 'new age' technology. :mad:

You just called me Jenny - who are you?

nitropenguin!
03-26-2005, 04:28 PM
Yeah Jen, he did ask courteously... surprisingly.

Noodles is gay
03-26-2005, 04:29 PM
I was incredibly surprised - mayhap it's because i don't talk about classics here anymore?

Noodles is gay
03-26-2005, 04:42 PM
ARGH! I can't help it!!!

nitropenguin!
03-26-2005, 04:48 PM
I think you can, you just don't want to. You're extremely fixated.

ninth
03-26-2005, 05:32 PM
Sleep when you're hungry, it helps.
Be friends with a waiter and go see them whenever they're working, you can eat then.
Use the dollar menu when your friend isn't working.
Borrow money and then pay it back.
Gamble, I paid my bills and ate for two months on my winnings when I was jobless.
Don't bother going to shows, unless you can sneak in.

HornyPope
03-26-2005, 06:45 PM
Been there, done that. Most of us have experienced, or still do, poverty at one period of time. Your situation is nowhere extreme. A stable employment will see most of your financial woes gone within a few weeks.

UgLy_eLf
03-26-2005, 10:01 PM
Not extreme, but extremely annoying. Like I said I cant find employment until I get some papers fixed which will cost me, suppose I could always borrow money. The fact that my mom is turning down jobs that pay fairly well, is absolutely insane, I dont know what her problem is, I'd kill for a 10$ an hour job, but I have no compassion for the human race anyway...

ninth
03-26-2005, 10:08 PM
Temptation enters the picture.

UgLy_eLf
03-26-2005, 10:09 PM
When do I start?

HornyPope
03-26-2005, 10:15 PM
I was soooo gonna say that.

Except i'd offer a contract for other heads first.