PDA

View Full Version : Mota Boy's Almost-Daily Satire

Mota Boy
03-26-2005, 11:48 PM
Turns Out Joke Was Racist

Sophomore Nathaniel Elderman was shocked last Thursday to discover that one of his favorite jokes was racist. "I was sitting around drinking and joking with my friends Samuel, Todd, Williard, Joshua and Hakeem, when I thought of this great joke that my uncle had told me a while back." The night had been going well up until that point, but took a sudden downturn when Elderman asked everyone to consider how to get black children to stop jumping on the bed. "I said 'You put velcro on the ceiling' and everyone burst out laughing except for Hakeem, who got really silent, then said 'Oh, so that's how it is.' and got up to leave. I tried to get him to sit back down, but he was all like, 'Man, fuck you.' and left. Talk about a buzzkill, but at least I didn't ask everyone what's long, black and sweaty." The outburst came as an especial shock to Elderman because he'd never considered himself capable of offending anyone. "I mean, it's not like I'm racist. I have a black friend... well, I used to, before he went all 'black' on me."

Mota Boy
03-27-2005, 01:48 AM
My post was so fucking much better than yours. Appreciate this silently and then make poor attempts to equal it.

sKratch
03-27-2005, 01:52 AM
I--! Bu--! Guzza--! Me---! You--! I got nothing to top it :(

ninth
03-27-2005, 01:52 AM
My halfrican friend has the username rocketnig on GunBound.

HornyPope
03-27-2005, 03:54 PM
Not sure if I follow...

Is it anywhere near the "I have a new black co-workers, now no one can say i'm racist" train of thought? I've wrote such satire myself once.

Endymion
03-27-2005, 06:42 PM
it's also about how darkies take jokes too seriously.

Noodles is gay
03-27-2005, 07:02 PM
@original post: I thought characters like that only existed in crappy teen movies! Oh god; what strange (and shallow) people America has if these movies tell the truth... :eek:

Mota Boy
03-27-2005, 07:35 PM
Not sure if I follow...

Is it anywhere near the "I have a new black co-workers, now no one can say i'm racist" train of thought? I've wrote such satire myself once.
It's a take on race relations, part of which brings up the old non-racist-by-referral joke. Largely I just loved the title when it came to me and constructed the mini-article around it. All of my ideas begin as headlines, some don't go any further (such as "Terri Schiavo Now All-dead").

And Noodles... people like that exist everywhere. But this is a work of fiction.

HornyPope
03-27-2005, 07:41 PM
Figures.

Another favourite of mine is:

"I'm no racist by any means, but goddamn those Mexicans are lazy, smelly, unproductive crap that plague our great society."

Endymion
03-27-2005, 07:45 PM
the only thing i hate more than a racist is a spic.

Trip Boy
03-27-2005, 08:03 PM
That was a joke?

nitropenguin!
03-27-2005, 08:58 PM
Aha, so I guess you're not so good at following jokes either!

EDIT - Though it wasn't necessarily a joke. Just a short story that makes you think, carrying a point.

Mota Boy
03-27-2005, 09:59 PM
Holy shit...

It turns out that I need, in fact, to define every polysyllabic [hint - more than one syllable] work I use.

sat·ire

1. A literary work in which human vice or folly is attacked through irony, derision, or wit.
2. The branch of literature constituting such works.
3. Irony, sarcasm, or caustic wit used to attack or expose folly, vice, or stupidity.

Vera
03-29-2005, 11:49 AM
I laughed.

Does that make you feel any better?