PDA

View Full Version : Is Noodles a songwriter?

Hypodermic_89
03-29-2005, 10:14 AM
Has Noodles written any songs? I know he wrote D.U.I.

foxy
03-29-2005, 10:18 AM
not knowing anyfink

(is that the winamp logo in ur avatar)

Hypodermic_89
03-29-2005, 10:23 AM
not knowing anyfink

(is that the winamp logo in ur avatar)

yup :) good olī winamp :D

the_GoDdEsS
03-29-2005, 12:13 PM
I for a fact know that he helps out with lines when Dexter is stuck. But if he writes on his own. No idea.

CommonRider
03-29-2005, 12:14 PM
he should write more, DUI is one of the best Offspring songs.

Anyways he says Dexter writes everything and the others just throw in their 2 cents for little changes and stuff like that, so they help but I dont think they write any songs.

offy
03-29-2005, 02:48 PM
As far as I know, DUI is the only song written by him, but he did lyrics AND music.

Dexter is a very good song writer, why should Noodles now start to do it for him? *lol*

I for a fact know that he helps out with lines when Dexter is stuck. But if he writes on his own. No idea.

As well as all the other band members

the man
02-09-2006, 04:48 PM
who is the song writer for the song CAN'T REPEAT

Venom Symbiote
02-09-2006, 06:20 PM
Noodles contributes. He does have input on the guitar riffs.

Although Dexter comes up with the concepts and overall song structure, the others (maybe except for Ron :D ) always had their say if they thought something else would work better.

And yeah, he solely wrote D.U.I., the entire thing, lyrics & all.

Drummerguy123
02-09-2006, 07:20 PM
Did this thread really need to be bumped?

pretty_fly_white_guy858
02-09-2006, 07:21 PM
A noob did it. Dont give him a hard time, though, dont do it again please

alistair13
02-09-2006, 07:35 PM
dexter needs to let the other band members have a chance for the new album... that would make things interesting, to have all those different styles in there.

Llamas
02-09-2006, 10:57 PM
1. if none of the other guys haven't done it much before, it's probably either because they don't want to, or because they aren't really good at it.
2. it would be weird to be the singer and have to sing a lot of lyrics you didn't write and that don't mean anything to you.

Jerzidevil
02-09-2006, 11:18 PM
There are a lot of bands where the lead singer doesn't always write the lyrics.

Some bands have very controlling frontmen too (Smashing Pumpkins for example) who generally keep the songwriting for themselves.

Hux
02-09-2006, 11:31 PM
it would be weird to be the singer and have to sing a lot of lyrics you didn't write and that don't mean anything to you.
So true. If you can relate to the matter (at least) then you can really sing your heart out.

Venom Symbiote
02-10-2006, 01:55 AM
Pretty_fly_for_a_white_guy, who you callin' a "n00b"? :confused: 530 posts plus about 6 or 7 years board contribution (old forums) counts as "n00biness" these days? Wow, they stakes have really been raised since forums first started becoming popular. You need a couple thousand posts to have an opinion now?

And for the record in general, James Iha wrote stuff for the Pumpkins.

Ronin
02-10-2006, 12:41 PM
regardless of whether or not noodles writes the words to a song or not....he is still a song writer.

remember there are two fundamental parts to a song: A. the music and B. the lyrics

offspring kid
02-10-2006, 01:31 PM
he should write more, DUI is one of the best Offspring songs.

I totally agree with you

Hypodermic_89
02-10-2006, 01:39 PM
Holy crap, this thread is old.. But still not dead. Cool :)

Fspring
02-10-2006, 01:49 PM
Just like the offspring... old but always on da top :)

GBH2
02-10-2006, 02:28 PM
Pretty_fly_for_a_white_guy, who you callin' a "n00b"? :confused: 530 posts plus about 6 or 7 years board contribution (old forums) counts as "n00biness" these days? Wow, they stakes have really been raised since forums first started becoming popular. You need a couple thousand posts to have an opinion now?

And for the record in general, James Iha wrote stuff for the Pumpkins.
he wasn't talking about you, n00b.

SaiKYoU
02-10-2006, 02:36 PM
2. it would be weird to be the singer and have to sing a lot of lyrics you didn't write and that don't mean anything to you.
then, tell me why do COVERS exist?

Screamer1
02-10-2006, 03:43 PM
then, tell me why do COVERS exist?

Cuz you can PICK which songs you cover, and have you ever noticed how all cover bands suck?

If you're a singer and dont rite your own lyrics, then it IS really hard to sound as good as someone who does rite their own, and its really hard to turn down other peoples songs wen you cant rite you're own.

SaiKYoU
02-10-2006, 06:05 PM
yeah, of course all cover sucks... yeah... man, covers have the same lyrics, so what make'em different/better is the music palyed by the band, and the band can do it better than the covered band...
I preffer "Wanna be Sedated" played by the Offsprings than by The Ramones...
covers don't suck... i don't know if you're meaning only the covers made by the Offspring, or cover in general, if you mean covers in general i'll say again... covers don't suck, and i could give you a lot of examples...

Llamas
02-10-2006, 11:07 PM
if you only cover a couple songs, and you select songs that mean a lot to you, that's different. If I was in a band, I'd probably want to cover a couple offspring songs that mean a lot to me. You can still mean what you sing if you feel it. if noodles wrote a song about say being a janitor or something, dex wouldn't be a good singer for it cause he wouldn't feel it... ya know?

Venom Symbiote
02-11-2006, 01:23 AM
The Offspring need to bring out their nerdy side a little more, and cover an Aquabats track.

Totally random, but felt the need to blurt that out.

Fuck I'd love to hear Dexter singing "Super Rad". :D With Higgins playing the horns or whatever. Aah, a guy can dream.

Hypodermic_89
02-11-2006, 02:42 AM
The Offspring need to bring out their nerdy side a little more, and cover an Aquabats track.

Totally random, but felt the need to blurt that out.

Fuck I'd love to hear Dexter singing "Super Rad". :D With Higgins playing the horns or whatever. Aah, a guy can dream.
That's the kind of thing they SHOULDN'T do. They have brought out their nerdy side enough already with Why don't you get a job, Original Prankster and Worst Hangover Ever..

SaiKYoU
02-11-2006, 05:44 AM
That's the kind of thing they SHOULDN'T do. They have brought out their nerdy side enough already with Why don't you get a job, Original Prankster and Worst Hangover Ever..
yeah, and from that list the only one can be saved is WDYGAJ? cause the lyrics are so funny!

BTW, if you cover some song, is cause you share the feelings of the songwriter when he/she wrote that song, so that's another goal of the "covers? yes! team"

Llamas
02-11-2006, 06:15 AM
nerdy side? dexter should write a song about microbiology and greg should write one about politics and finance ;) they'd be good at it!

Sin Studly
02-11-2006, 11:32 AM
You people are dumb. Noodles wrote both Denial, Revisited and Pay The Man.

A tendency for long songs I guess.

Llamas
02-11-2006, 04:23 PM
how do you know he wrote those two? and how does it make us dumb for not knowing that? Is it obvious? Has he announced it? Is it in the liner notes? How would we be dumb for not knowing this? Seems like you're the dumb one for thinking that makes people dumb.

Sin Studly
02-11-2006, 07:46 PM
Okay here's how that went.

"You're an idiot."

"No! You're an idiot!"

Smooth, dumbass.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
02-11-2006, 09:05 PM
how do you know he wrote those two? and how does it make us dumb for not knowing that? Is it obvious? Has he announced it? Is it in the liner notes? How would we be dumb for not knowing this? Seems like you're the dumb one for thinking that makes people dumb.

HAHAHAHAHA! He has a point Sin Studly

Drummerguy123
02-11-2006, 09:21 PM
HAHAHAHAHA! He has a point Sin Studly

haha. I sense the flaming of a lifetime coming. *backs away*

Venom Symbiote
02-12-2006, 12:46 AM
QUOTE:
"That's the kind of thing they SHOULDN'T do. They have brought out their nerdy side enough already with Why don't you get a job, Original Prankster and Worst Hangover Ever."

Um...mind explaining how they're "nerdy" songs, exactly? :confused:

"WDYGAJ" isn't, "Original Prankster" CERTAINLY isn't (the opposite, actually), and "Worst Hangover Ever" isn't either. I mean, for the latter, how many "nerds" go out and drink so much they're totally shitfaced and writhing around pathetically the next morning? Not many I know, it's mainly the jocks and rockers. ;) "Cool people".

About the only "nerdy" songs they've ever really done would probably be "What Happened To You", "Beheaded", "Burn It Up", "Don't Pick It Up", "End of the Line", "Have You Ever", and "When You're In Prison". Either dark geeky humour or social-standing anthems.

SplinterByMyOwnDesign
02-12-2006, 12:48 AM
haha. I sense the flaming of a lifetime coming. *backs away*

*pulls out trusty gas mask* :)

Rufus
02-12-2006, 05:33 AM
You people are dumb. Noodles wrote both Denial, Revisited and Pay The Man.

A tendency for long songs I guess.

Noodles didn't write those

Hey, I wrote the lyrics to our DUI. Come on, don't deny me my one song-writing credit.

Can someone post our DUI lyrics here? I forgot how it goes.

Llamas
02-12-2006, 03:56 PM
good job, rufus :) way to be retarded, sin studly :)

Holger estonia
02-19-2006, 04:01 AM
gays can't writw songs

Nounou
02-19-2006, 04:04 AM
the DUI's lyrics are the only ones Noodles wrote ?

Hypodermic_89
02-19-2006, 04:13 AM
gays can't writw songs

And who the hell are you?