PDA

View Full Version : balkan politics

noone
10-31-2004, 02:58 AM
anyone of you know anything about it. there are so much sad storys here. many of big countries have interests here. you could see it in the last war, when serbia attackes croatia. ok it is over, but many countries like great britain or france when war started didnt care or try to do anything because they had their interests in "great serbia", because if serbia won the war, they would control all balkan. but milosevic didnt make it, and war finished, croats won that war. we had support of bill clinton, that man rules, you are happy that you had that kind of president. but it hurts that many people outside didnt care much about war casultaties in croatia and bosnia, but it wasnt their fault, it was because of politic, or some serbian propaganda. but later everyone knowed about truth, and people who supported us, i really aprecciate them.

wheelchairman
10-31-2004, 03:22 AM
Hmm what I hate most about Balkan politics is the nationalism involved. I have only met one person from the Balkans who didn't hate gypsies for example. Strangely enough I've met people who will even defend Milosevic for example. And the communist party of Yugoslavia has said such stupid things like they don't recognize the illegal split-up of the Yugoslavian nation. Makes them sound like they are just old-time conservatives.

noone
10-31-2004, 05:21 AM
yes, there was allways nacionalism in balkan politics. you told about people who defend milosevic. it sounds stupid, but there are still some people who defend ante pavelic, leader of croat nazis-ustase. and there are serbian peple who defend chetnics, royal paramilitary from the WW2, who were doing war crimes, they wanted to kill all of non serbian people in bosnia and part of croatia. there are still politic partys who officially defend, respect them.