PDA

View Full Version : Corporate Asshole

HornyPope
03-30-2005, 12:35 AM
So I spent my past six weeks reading, hearing, consulting, seeking information about stocks, investement, mutual funds, real estate, tax declaration and all the small pesky pertaining details therewith.

O how I wish I could wave these problems away. But I can't. Every day before the optimal solution is reached means a percentage of my personal capital lost away due to improrer placement. O how I wish I could gather my money and strengh for a proper cause that will justify the investement both financially and spiritually. But I can't find not one worthy damn oppertunity. I'm stuck doing what every other corporate asshole in this capitalist continent is doing. "Oooo, ooo, look, our stocks have gone up, this year we can fly out to Aruba instead of Cuba and upgrade our hotels to five stars. Ah, the excitement!"

foxy
03-30-2005, 03:27 AM
i got stock in microsoft cos you cant loose there

foxy
03-30-2005, 04:01 AM
foxy declares this thread is very buddist

TheUnholyNightbringer
03-30-2005, 05:10 AM
Foxy, that reply was neither clever nor funny. And you have stocks nowhere, you're 13.

HornyPope
03-30-2005, 01:59 PM
Stop talking to thirteen year olds, Trippy.

Noodles is gay
03-30-2005, 02:05 PM
i got stock in microsoft cos you cant loose there

loose? idiot.

Anyway, i'd say that Microsoft is a pointless business investment (if indeed you do have stocks there, which i doubt) because although it would have been beneficial 20 years ago, now they're facing much tougher competition and they can't seriously be expected to grow much more. There are much more worthwhile investments out there.

HornyPope: love the avatar! :D

Betty
03-30-2005, 02:11 PM
Are you trying to avoid paying lots of taxes or are you trying to get lots of interest?

HornyPope
03-30-2005, 02:24 PM
Betty- Interest. Taxes are already taken care of (for 2004 fiscal year- 2005 is a whole new hemeroid)

Jenny- It's the best Spartan photo I could find. I have a dream of comissioning some painter to draw me a long rectangle painting of legions of hopilites standing shoulder to shoulder, wielding a classic hoplon in the left, and a spear pointing right at the eyes of the painter in their right.

Noodles is gay
03-30-2005, 02:41 PM
Jenny- It's the best Spartan photo I could find. I have a dream of comissioning some painter to draw me a long rectangle painting of legions of hopilites standing shoulder to shoulder, wielding a classic hoplon in the left, and a spear pointing right at the eyes of the painter in their right.

cool, sounds pretty awesome.

Btw though; a 'hoplon' was a weapon/arms, you mean shield? The shield was called an 'ασπις (aspis). :cool:

HornyPope
03-30-2005, 02:46 PM
I've read at places that hoplon meant shield, hence the name hopilite. But I guess it was a wrong translation.

Noodles is gay
03-30-2005, 02:58 PM
I've read at places that hoplon meant shield, hence the name hopilite. But I guess it was a wrong translation.

Yes they're wrong.

Hoplite comes from οπλον meaning weapon/arms, which in turn comes from επειν meaning to prepare.

Coincidentally though, there is a Greek word οπλιτης (hoplites) which meant heavily-armed foot soldier.

I just worked out how to change my keyboard to Greek font so i'm just trying it out :p

HornyPope
03-30-2005, 03:10 PM
Is there any cool word for cavalry? Mostly I noticed they used the names of Tribes to seperate horseman groups from foot soldiers.

Noodles is gay
03-30-2005, 03:19 PM
Well they didn't really have a word for cavalry, per se, but they are often referred to as ιππεις εων οι (hippeis eon hoi) which translates very roughly as men with horses or something; but yeah it means cavalry.

HornyPope
03-30-2005, 03:26 PM
How do you write it in latin characters?

Noodles is gay
03-30-2005, 03:31 PM
write what in latin characters?

in Latin; cavalry = equitatus

(Just in case that was what you meant, although i suspect that it wasn't :p )

HornyPope
03-30-2005, 03:37 PM
Type out ιππεις εων ‘οι phonetically in latin (english) alphabet.

Noodles is gay
03-30-2005, 03:42 PM
Type out ιππεις εων οι phonetically in latin (english) alphabet.

I did before...

er...hippeis eon hoi and you want that phonetically, i'll try:
'ei' is pronounced as 'ay' so:

hip-pas ee-on hoi.

HornyPope
03-30-2005, 04:02 PM
I see now. And I knew equitatus from before. Thanks.

/leaving now

sKratch
03-30-2005, 05:47 PM
My friend tells me Greek is one of the most phonetic languages.

Noodles is gay
03-30-2005, 05:57 PM
My friend tells me Greek is one of the most phonetic languages.

Yeah it's really easy to read aloud once you know the letters. Plus there are only 6 Diphthrongs to worry about.