PDA

View Full Version : Finally!!! (not that one about avatars)

Mannen som blev en gris
03-30-2005, 10:04 AM
My life long search is over! It took over a month for cdon to deliver it (apperantly there was no copies left) but yesterday I got self-titled! That's such a kickass album. It's not the same class as Smash, but I'd say it's atleast as good as Ignition. I hate to admit it, but that was actually my first true, punk, album. I love how raw and rough it is.
I'll Be Waiting became my favourite right away. It reminded me a bit of The Noose: a riff intro and then a pretty fast song. Tehran was really good too. But, Beheaded: my god! It's actually a good song, but it would have fitted more on a soundtrack to Postal 2 or something....
Before you ask, no, Kill The President ("in a world without leaders who would start the wars?": do you know what a civil war is?!) wasn't on it. They removed that song, but you can still listen to heads chopping off and "islam be dammed". I don't care, but if they removed Kill The President, they might aswell remove those parts. Although I think it's fun to listen to albums from the time you could sing about killing and stuff, becase I was raised with Backstreet Boys and Britney Spears. :mad:

On that album, and Ignition and Smash, you can really hear what a great drummer Ron was. :(

Cause I've been waiting
For that album to drop down
In my mailbox
I've been waiting for that day
:D

(I wonder what you can reply to this thread...)

Hypodermic_89
03-30-2005, 10:18 AM
Yeah Self-titled is a great album. I´ve had it for four years now and I still listen to it!! :D My favorite song from that CD is Crossroads. i just LOVE the lyrics in that song! Dexter was born to be a songwriter! nice nick btw.. The Man Who Became A Pig ^^

Mannen som blev en gris
03-30-2005, 10:24 AM
http://www.offspring.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5703
Welcome!

Mannen som blev en gris
03-30-2005, 10:26 AM
And the name, it's from a Thåström album. I don't know what the album's like but I liked the name. (first I wanted to call myself Master of Puppets, the same story about that name, but it was taken)

Jimbob2005
03-30-2005, 10:42 AM
i got it last summer
i thought it was a bit poor when i first got it
but i fuckin grew on me!!!
now i think it's one of their best!!! :D

Mannen som blev en gris
03-30-2005, 10:52 AM
Now all I can do is hope they'll make some good singles for greatest hits. This is actually a big chance for the band. Now that Green Day has become so popular. If the do a great single, people will hopefully buy the greatest hits, and then they see what a great band Offspring is, and buy some of the older albums.

PS. I think those threads about fake Greatest Hits track lists are so dumb: if the track list was ready, the first place it would be published in would probably be on the official website.

Mannen som blev en gris
04-02-2005, 05:37 AM
Our computer works again! :D Although the harddrives were completly empty (except for system32 and those stuff) but I'm back! I have to update everything now but the important thing is: it works!

Aimeht
04-02-2005, 07:28 AM
I'll Be Waiting is awesome. Also A Thousand Days is my fave.

Jimbob2005
04-02-2005, 08:27 AM
I'll Be Waiting is awesome. Also A Thousand Days is my fave.
Out on patrol, Jennifer lost the war - those songs rule!!!!!

Jhonny
04-02-2005, 08:53 AM
Hah. ahaha har dem tagit bort kill the president :) damn that´s bad.
Jag har en riktig version av skivan. MED ktp.

Mannen som blev en gris
04-02-2005, 10:29 AM
Redan..... :p

Dexter1989
04-02-2005, 11:11 AM
in my country there are plenty of copies with kill the presdient on em

Mannen som blev en gris
04-02-2005, 11:35 AM
Your country is old. Just kidding. I bet I could find a copy with Kill The President on it, but I'm lazy, so I orderd it online.

Aimeht
04-03-2005, 03:43 AM
Hah. ahaha har dem tagit bort kill the president :) damn that´s bad.
Jag har en riktig version av skivan. MED ktp.
Me too, me too! :P