PDA

View Full Version : Dexter emailed me! aucustic dirty magic on the new record!

TheOldMark
03-30-2005, 11:15 PM
I really wanted the acoustic version of dirty magic on the greatest hits cd. Do you guys remember when they toured australia, they faked a power outage as an excuse to bring out the acustic guitars and play an old song for the australians. It was a beautiful song, one of the best peices of music Ive ever heard, but we only have shitty live recordings of it.
So I emailed Dexter this afternoon... and just a few hours later...
He responded!

Hey Mark,
It's funny you should mention that, because just yesterday we recorded an acoustic version of dirty magic on video to include on our record when it comes out this summer.

So there you go.

Talk to you later,
Dexter.

billiejoe87_greenday
03-30-2005, 11:24 PM
I really wanted the acoustic version of dirty magic on the greatest hits cd. Do you guys remember when they toured australia, they faked a power outage as an excuse to bring out the acustic guitars and play an old song for the australians. It was a beautiful song, one of the best peices of music Ive ever heard, but we only have shitty live recordings of it.
He responded!

Hey Mark,
It's funny you should mention that, because just yesterday we recorded an acoustic version of dirty magic on video to include on our record when it comes out this summer.

So there you go.

Talk to you later,
Dexter.

They faked a power failure in 2001 when they toured Australia because i went to that gig. Im thinking you were in a different city though because in Sydney im sure they just played walla walla. (though i might be mistaken).

scream
03-30-2005, 11:26 PM
faking a power failure? that is AWESOME. man i wish i was there for that.

TheOldMark
03-30-2005, 11:55 PM
They faked a power failure in 2001 when they toured Australia because i went to that gig. Im thinking you were in a different city though because in Sydney im sure they just played walla walla. (though i might be mistaken).

I wasnt there, I heard audio recordings of it and spoke to people who were there. Im pretty sure they did acoustic dirty magic in every city on the australian tour when they cut the lights off... but i wasnt there so idk.

Zee
03-31-2005, 01:47 AM
Ah, they did that trick in Europe 2001 at some places too.

RonWelty
03-31-2005, 01:55 AM
do u believe in him ?

Zee
03-31-2005, 01:59 AM
That mail's from Dexter for sure, you can see it right away. That's the way he answers into emails. Good to hear it's out this summer already.

RonWelty
03-31-2005, 02:04 AM
That mail's from Dexter for sure, you can see it right away. That's the way he answers into emails. Good to hear it's out this summer already.
i don īt believe , but at the same time , i hope it will become true ... Dirty magic acoustic is great !

Zee
03-31-2005, 02:05 AM
i don īt believe , but at the same time , i hope it will become true ... Dirty magic acoustic is great !

You should believe. I've got a few replys too. ;)

Nrk
03-31-2005, 02:40 AM
Yes, me too. It's real, believe us. I have had about 5 mails from Dexter the last few years (since 2000 i think).

Great news.

Dexter_H
03-31-2005, 02:52 AM
And how exactly do you know Dexters email address?

offspringintenselyrock
03-31-2005, 04:32 AM
Yeah what is it

Piedude
03-31-2005, 04:41 AM
Dirty Magic on video eh? That nice to know...

billiejoe87_greenday
03-31-2005, 04:46 AM
Dirty magic fuckin rocks.

TheOldMark
03-31-2005, 09:58 AM
And how exactly do you know Dexters email address?

It used to circulate. At one point, too many ppl had it and flooded his mailbox, so he had to shut it down for awhile. Its really dumb to email him like "omg dexter i love you im your biggest fan" but rather get to the point and give him something useful and inteligent (and brief and to the point) to read.
Theres a Dexter on the Songs, i believe that he says "I dont advertise it, but it circulates"

offspring kid
03-31-2005, 10:01 AM
He responded!

Hey Mark,

So there you go.

Talk to you later,
Dexter.

what dexter replied ? you must be kidding

offspring kid
03-31-2005, 10:03 AM
whats dexters address ?

green day
03-31-2005, 10:05 AM
noodles is a gay twat

offspring kid
03-31-2005, 10:15 AM
It used to circulate. At one point, too many ppl had it and flooded his mailbox, so he had to shut it down for awhile. Its really dumb to email him like "omg dexter i love you im your biggest fan" but rather get to the point and give him something useful and inteligent (and brief and to the point) to read.
Theres a Dexter on the Songs, i believe that he says "I dont advertise it, but it circulates"

cummon man give it i wont talk shit i promise ! :cool:

killboybowerhead
03-31-2005, 10:47 AM
Yknow you could always write him a letter. I did way back when i was like 9... never got a response mainly because i just said how cool the band was, but im sure he read it. I think i wrote it to Nitro. Not quite sure, but im sure if you write a letter with more of a valid point then I did you could get a reply. And then in would be in writing

Jimbob2005
03-31-2005, 10:49 AM
wat is dexter's e-mail address?

TheOldMark
03-31-2005, 10:58 AM
cummon man give it i wont talk shit i promise ! :cool:

yeah sure thing, its bryanholland@offspring.com

;)

offspring kid
03-31-2005, 12:02 PM

;)

thanks man ( if its the right mail address )

Hysteria
03-31-2005, 12:20 PM

Oh right, so you're our resident expert on how Dexter emails people are you?
How many emails from him have you read? Woah, I bet you're like best friends with him.

/sarcasm over

Jimbob2005
03-31-2005, 12:21 PM
thanks man ( if its the right mail address )
yea same here!!! :)

Hysteria
03-31-2005, 12:23 PM

;)

Ya know we can ALL see that, its not just you and offspring kid AKA Mr Gullibal who can see.

You're such a Jackass, only idiots would believe you on your whole story.
Anyone could guess that email address, of course thats not his address.
If it does exist and get a reply, it won't be from Dexter.

Oh, and what happened to 'don't want it to be flooded again'. What a penis.

Homer
03-31-2005, 12:29 PM
Ya know we can ALL see that, its not just you and offspring kid AKA Mr Gullibal who can see.

he obviously knows that that isn't the real address, he just gave a fake one so he could get people to stop bugging him... duh

Jimbob2005
03-31-2005, 12:30 PM
of course it's bollocks
god i feel like a dumbass

offspring kid
03-31-2005, 12:46 PM
i wrote ( if its the right mail address ) what does that mean?use your mind SOMETIMES !

offspring kid
03-31-2005, 12:48 PM
Oh right, so you're our resident expert on how Dexter emails people are you?
How many emails from him have you read? Woah, I bet you're like best friends with him.

/sarcasm over

what if Dirty magic ( aucustic ) does comes in greatest hits this summer ? then who will be wrong and who will be right,we will solve this mess then !

Homer
03-31-2005, 01:16 PM
what if Dirty magic ( aucustic ) does comes in greatest hits this summer ? then who will be wrong and who will be right,we will solve this mess then !

or we can just forget about it and never look back and blame :D

TheOldMark
03-31-2005, 03:32 PM

Oh I definately have the right address, its impossible that it could be anyone else. I just gave out a fake one cuz I really dont want immature little kids bugging him. Doubt me if you want, I couldnt care less. The dirty magic video will be on the record.

And Hysteria, whats with the name calling? Are you jealous or something? Im not giving out his address, that was a fake one. the real one is supposed to be hush hush among the old school fans.

I think one of the reasons why I stopped posting here is that everyone is so rediculously immature, hostile, and completely ignorant.

Homer
03-31-2005, 03:36 PM
I think one of the reasons why I stopped posting here is that everyone is so rediculously immature, hostile, and completely ignorant.

are you sure about EVERYONE?

TheOldMark
03-31-2005, 07:11 PM
are you sure about EVERYONE?

Youre right, I shouldnt have used the word everyone. Just the assholes that feel the need to comment on every single post.

smashitup-
03-31-2005, 07:14 PM
Well, if what you posted is acutally true, I am extremely happy right now and cant wait till the summer!! (not that I cant wait anyways so school can finally end). But ive heard so many bullshit like this in the past that I dont know what to believe anymore. :confused:

TheOldMark
03-31-2005, 07:31 PM
Well, if what you posted is acutally true, I am extremely happy right now and cant wait till the summer!! (not that I cant wait anyways so school can finally end). But ive heard so many bullshit like this in the past that I dont know what to believe anymore. :confused:

Trust me dude, Im a pretty reliable source, I dont have time to make things up... I dunno if you guys remember when conspiracy of one was being released, and Sony wouldnt let the offspring put their album their website... So what they did was, their manager directly gave me about 9 of their new songs, and I posted them on my website, offspringfans.com.... I got about 80,000 hits in 3 weeks. Not sure exactly how many ppl got the album from me, but it was definately a few thousand.

ps. that site has since ended, as I couldnt afford nor did I have time to maintain it.

smashitup-
03-31-2005, 07:35 PM
Alright, thanks! You should put your old site back up some day. My confidence about the album being released is higher than it was before. Do you know anything about the release of the greatest hits?

offspring kid
03-31-2005, 10:39 PM
Oh I definately have the right address, its impossible that it could be anyone else. I just gave out a fake one cuz I really dont want immature little kids bugging him. Doubt me if you want, I couldnt care less. The dirty magic video will be on the record.

And Hysteria, whats with the name calling? Are you jealous or something? Im not giving out his address, that was a fake one. the real one is supposed to be hush hush among the old school fans.

good one mark,No problem if u dont want to give the mail address i wont push you not atleast the people like here,and i agree with you that if people get dexters mail address which will fill his mail box,and i agree that here are some lame people on boards who also make me angry,BUt hey man i am an old skool fan also !,i asked you once his email address you didnt gave,ITS OK
MY FULL RESPECT YOU MAN because ( YOU HELPED THE OFFSPRING ) !

sphinxdaking
04-01-2005, 03:01 AM
What if this whole thing is a "1st april joke" ? anyone thought about that?

RonWelty
04-01-2005, 03:02 AM
What if this whole thing is a "1st april joke" ? anyone thought about that?

the poll was set march 30 :X

WhenPigsFly
04-01-2005, 05:22 AM
good one mark,No problem if u dont want to give the mail address i wont push you not atleast the people like here,and i agree with you that if people get dexters mail address which will fill his mail box,and i agree that here are some lame people on boards who also make me angry,BUt hey man i am an old skool fan also !,i asked you once his email address you didnt gave,ITS OK
MY FULL RESPECT YOU MAN because ( YOU HELPED THE OFFSPRING ) !
can u give it to me as i want 2 ask him if they are ever gonna come bk 2 the UK as there r alot of fans in our country hu hav meva ssen them live then i was gonna delete his email addy!

NMHFBD
04-01-2005, 07:42 AM
how long have u know his email address?

offspring kid
04-01-2005, 08:29 AM
i dont have it,THEOLDMARK has it if he is not making us an april FOOL :D

WhenPigsFly
04-01-2005, 08:30 AM
i no u dnt dude

Obie2trice
04-01-2005, 09:08 AM
cool! so this summer we will get the album

TheOldMark
04-01-2005, 06:41 PM
can u give it to me as i want 2 ask him if they are ever gonna come bk 2 the UK as there r alot of fans in our country hu hav meva ssen them live then i was gonna delete his email addy!

thats a silly question, of course theyre gonna come back. theyre bigger in europe than they are in the US! he gets questions like that all the time he never answers them.

and... Ive had his email address for about 6 years. ive only emailed him 3 or 4 times, I dont wanna fill his box yknow?

TheOldMark
04-01-2005, 06:45 PM
oh yeah, and if you would like me to send any of you the mp3 that I have from when they played it in Australia, my AOL sn is TheOffspring2725

PresidentKiller
04-01-2005, 08:56 PM
A real good quality acoustic version of Dirty Magic? Wow, this is getting better! :cool:

Mr. Noodles
04-01-2005, 10:01 PM
He responded!

Hey Mark,

So there you go.

Talk to you later,
Dexter.
You were e-mailed by Dexter?
Awesome!

Hysteria
04-02-2005, 02:39 AM

Name calling >> just me pissing about, yesterday was a looong day at work.

"I think one of the reasons why I stopped posting here is that everyone is so rediculously immature, hostile, and completely ignorant"

Exactly the same as me, however I occasionally come back and post on here a bit when I'm bored, and I've decided to mess around and stuff.

Guess its a case of "if you can't beat them, join them". :D

I know it doesn't help me becoming like other twats on this board, but yeah fuck it. It's too late now anyway.

Hysteria
04-02-2005, 02:40 AM

Did I ever say I didn't believe that the acoustic dirty magic wouldn't be on the greatest hits cd? No, I didn't. Get your facts straight you bum-bandit.

TheOldMark
04-03-2005, 01:52 PM
Did I ever say I didn't believe that the acoustic dirty magic wouldn't be on the greatest hits cd? No, I didn't. Get your facts straight you bum-bandit.

there with the name calling again. grow up dude.

Skate Rat 19
04-03-2005, 05:14 PM
Dude he personally E-mailed you? thats flippin crazy, try getting Billie Joe to email you. No offense to them since their old school stuff rules.

Venom Symbiote
04-04-2005, 04:13 AM
Meh. I actually believe him. *shrugs*

Sounds pretty convincing, not like a lot of the crap that goes on around here.

Congrats on getting a reply, dude.

Tomo
04-04-2005, 09:12 AM
I'm with you man!