PDA

View Full Version : what song did you choose from the poll and why?

bhg_rulz2
03-30-2005, 11:46 PM
i chose "the noose", "gone away" and "The meaning of life"

i really wanna know whats the noose about..those lyrics are awesome

gone away...to put a end to all the rumors

the meaning of life...to read the point of view of dexter

take care :) :D

Hypodermic_89
03-31-2005, 02:08 AM
i chose Nitro because i wanna know what Nitro means :D

Obie2trice
03-31-2005, 02:25 AM
I`ve chosen for The End Of The Line, Cause I love that song and I`m curious what it is about. It sounds like a follow-up to Gone Away. By the way this new stuff on the site really rocks. My compliments

Nrk
03-31-2005, 02:45 AM
The Noose. greatest offspring song, so he should talk about it. :P

+Dexter+
03-31-2005, 02:53 AM
i think a noose is wat they used 2 hang ppl with cos if u search 'noose' in google on images a pictures come up!

RonWelty
03-31-2005, 03:22 AM
" can t get my head around you "

Hypodermic_89
03-31-2005, 03:51 AM
i think a noose is wat they used 2 hang ppl with cos if u search 'noose' in google on images a pictures come up!

A noose IS something that they use to hang people..

offspringintenselyrock
03-31-2005, 04:28 AM
Yeah it's the loop of rope isn't it? I had to ask what a noose is too! I chose Lightning Rod, because I don't really understand what it means-it's too deep for me, and I'm too stupid :rolleyes: I think the line that says I am the lightning rod seems significant, maybe it means that he's doing all this to himself?

Revolver-2005?
03-31-2005, 04:30 AM
lightning rod is about suicide..the noose is about depressed people who think its best if they kill thhemselves "Youre only getting stronger cause your body's getting numb" thats my interpretation at least...

I chose Cool To Hate...ive always wondered where the hell tht song spawned from lol...and all the hatred and shit...

offspringintenselyrock
03-31-2005, 04:33 AM
All I've heard about Cool To Hate is that it's about how it's not cool to hate :)

Hysteria
03-31-2005, 04:36 AM
I chose about 10. I'm quite surprised Gone Away hasn't had more votes, as nobody seems to know the true meaning of that song.

offspringintenselyrock
03-31-2005, 04:39 AM
Sorry about going off-topic for a minute, but Hysteria, is your username Muse-related?

billiejoe87_greenday
03-31-2005, 05:04 AM
I chose Nitro (youth energy) because only recently have i started to absolutely love that song.

Aimeht
03-31-2005, 06:10 AM
I wanted to know about I Choose, because that is one of my favorites.

Jimbob2005
03-31-2005, 06:21 AM
which poll r u on a bout here???

Jojan
03-31-2005, 06:29 AM
Get ready - Don't know what the fuck that song is.

CSX
03-31-2005, 06:36 AM
which poll r u on a bout here???

See offspring.com news

I chose Change the World, I know what it's about but there's probably some hidden meaning I missed, and it's my favourite song.

I can see why lightning rod is doing well, but why crossroads? It's one of few songs I don't remember at all (to me all of S/T bleeds together except Beheaded)

offspringintenselyrock
03-31-2005, 06:45 AM
Haha the lyrics to Beheaded are great! :)

Striker
03-31-2005, 07:14 AM
I'm so glad that my favourite song of all times is second....

WhenPigsFly
03-31-2005, 07:34 AM
I chose of gone away, tht songs meaning is driving me insane!
Lighting rod is about suicide, and about how he is ready to die and stuff!

Hysteria
03-31-2005, 07:46 AM
Sorry about going off-topic for a minute, but Hysteria, is your username Muse-related?

It is indeed. :cool:

offspringintenselyrock
03-31-2005, 07:49 AM
Yay! Excellent :) Eddy played me New Born yesterday, on guitar! It was so great! What is your favourite Muse albulm? I can't really decide, but I think it might be Origin of Symmetry. Then again I might just be being prejudice because of Plug in Baby :rolleyes:

(Yeah I know, off-topic, but who cares-it's Muse!)

Hysteria
03-31-2005, 07:55 AM
Both those albums are good, but I got into Muse through Absolution so thats probably my favourite.

We're probably gonna get slated for talking about another band on an offspring forum now. ;)

StayInTheHouseCarl
03-31-2005, 08:04 AM
YEAH!! TAKE YOUR MUSE SOMEWHERE ELSE!!! LOL
im just kidding! i like muse a lot. :D

offspringintenselyrock
03-31-2005, 08:20 AM
YEAH!! TAKE YOUR MUSE SOMEWHERE ELSE!!! LOL
im just kidding! i like muse a lot. :D

I'm glad :) I was wondering what people on here thought of Muse. Have you been to a concert of theirs? I wish I could go to one- just imagine how amazing it would be....ok maybe I'll post a MUSE thread on Other Bands! Yes I think I shall.

Both those albums are good, but I got into Muse through Absolution so thats probably my favourite.

We're probably gonna get slated for talking about another band on an offspring forum now.

Yeah I first heard Time is Running Out, then my Dad heard it playing in Tescos and asked "Is this Radiohead?" and I said "No it's Muse!" So my Dad bought Absolution and got into Muse, then he had it in his CD changer in his car so I heard it, so then I got into it! Then I rented out Origin of Symmetry from the libary and loved it, so my Dad bought it for me for xmas, and Showbiz,then he put them all on a cd for me. And that's the long life story of how I became interested in Muse...I bet you're SO glad you know it! So anyway we both love them now, and my Dad was going to go to a concert in the USA, because he was going to go there on a working trip and the concert was only a little way away, but now the trip has been delayed so he can't go!I feel so sorry for him!

offspringintenselyrock
03-31-2005, 08:30 AM
I made it! Go post on it so it looks as if it's not pointless!
It's called muse thread, and it's on other bands. :)

SuperKnux
03-31-2005, 08:42 AM
I didn't vote for Gone Away, only because the song is personal to Dexter, and he's said plenty of times in interviews that he doesn't like to talk about it. And, I didn't want to add on to the votes only because I'm sure the song means a lot to him, and only he and knows what the song is about. I don't think he should explain himself like that. But maybe, he should. I dunno.

I voted for "The Meaning of Life", "Vultures", "The Noose", "Amazed", "Change the World", and "Dirty Magic".

I'm curious to know what made him write "Vultures", I think that song is pretty rad, not only instrumentally, but lyrically. "Pay the Man" really needs a lot more respect than what it's getting right now though.

guzman
03-31-2005, 09:46 AM
pay the man is awsome and does need more props that song is the shit. :D

Offspring Pyro
03-31-2005, 12:51 PM
I`ve chosen for The End Of The Line, Cause I love that song and I`m curious what it is about. It sounds like a follow-up to Gone Away. By the way this new stuff on the site really rocks. My compliments

I was thinking that too. All the recent updates are more close together, i really like it. And this dexter on song poll was a great idea.

Hyper nova
03-31-2005, 02:54 PM
All I've heard about Cool To Hate is that it's about how it's not cool to hate :)

Cool to hate is about being your self and not being part of groups its not about hating things it "I hate the jocks, I hate the freaks, Ihate the trendies and i hate the geeks" These are all groups. It about individuallity and not about hating or whats "cool"

Zee
03-31-2005, 03:21 PM
I picked "Get Ready". I'm curious about what Dexter's got to say about a song that doesn't even exist. It should be some mistake by admins I guess...

willferno
03-31-2005, 03:24 PM
man that's great that lightning rod is winning because it's like the best lyric song dexter did... crossroad is one of my favorite songs ever but I voted for gone away 2... I want to know what's true about that song but at the same time I wouldn't like to know it cuz it's like a little magic thing in gone away that nobody knows to who it was write... ahhh magic dirty magic was the girl of dirty magic and self esteem real? to the strange guy of gotta get away too many songs so little time

willferno
03-31-2005, 03:25 PM
by the way maybe get ready is the song of the offspring for the next punk compilation of epitaph?

Dark Devil
03-31-2005, 03:27 PM
i chose walla walla because its a great song and dexter should talk about it :P

Dark Devil
03-31-2005, 03:29 PM
what's the rumor about gone away?

Layna
03-31-2005, 03:56 PM
I voted for gone away 2... I want to know what's true about that song but at the same time I wouldn't like to know it cuz it's like a little magic thing in gone away that nobody knows to who it was write...

I voted for the same song ans for the same reason, and I think you're right, maybe that "magic thing" makes great the song.

Jack the Tripper
03-31-2005, 05:53 PM
I chose Living In A Chaos, Hypodermic, Genocide, and No Brakes because I found them to be the most interesting to find out things about.

Unnatural Disaster
03-31-2005, 05:56 PM
Hypodermic.... I wanted to know if it was a true story and stuff

I don't know
03-31-2005, 06:21 PM
I voted to burn it up, I just wanted to know why dexter wrote a song about being a pyro, hehehehehe :D . I wanted to vote for more songs but I just realized that I could do that after I voted, and I think we can just vote once but with how many options u want, can we vote more than once?

bhg_rulz2
03-31-2005, 09:07 PM
i dont think so :S...i tried haha

Dexter_H
03-31-2005, 09:35 PM
I voted get ready because I want to know what is going on there. But I also voted for session.

flyme318
03-31-2005, 10:47 PM
Why vote on songs that Dexter has already talked about before???
I voted for Denial, Revisited.
One of the very few love songs Dexter sings, don't you all want to know about it? There are some other songs that are good, but they are mostly about fighting for yourself against the wrong of society, finding out about yourself, being true to yourself,,, the same theme.
When a punk band sings a love song, it is so good
espeically because of the contrary to the other hardcore songs.
And punk band usually has one best love song that will be forever rememberd.
I strongly believe that this song is it for them.
Maybe you guys are all too young to understand the depth of this song... :confused:

Chanz
03-31-2005, 11:13 PM
i think every one interprets songs/lyrics differently...

WhenPigsFly
04-01-2005, 05:04 AM
I thing i know wat da meanin of gone away is!

I think its about sumone close dying and tht he would do anything to get her back and how the world has gone cold with out her

Offspring
Gone Away

Maybe in another life
I could find you there
Pulled away before your time
I can't deal it's so unfair

And it feels
And it feels like
Heaven's so far away
And it feels
Yeah it feels like
The world has grown cold
Now that you've gone away

Leaving flowers on your grave
Show that I still care
But black roses and Hail Mary's
Can't bring back what's taken from me
I reach to the sky
And call out your name
And if I could trade
I would

And it feels
And it feels like
Heaven's so far away
And it stings
Yeah it stings now
The world is so cold
Now that you've gone away

bhg_rulz2
04-01-2005, 02:53 PM
gone away is very deep...but its dexter's personal life we think...so..let's leave him alone about asking whats the song about :)

WhenPigsFly
04-02-2005, 01:15 AM
maybe but dnt it bug u wat it meens? i does me even though I think I've got the meaning but hey i wanna no wat was going though dexters mind

bhg_rulz2
04-02-2005, 02:09 PM
of course i wanna know the meaning haha...but its dexter's personal life... and i dont wanna mess with that