PDA

View Full Version : I keep dreaming about Subway

RXP
04-01-2005, 03:19 AM
I'm addicted. Why oh why do they have to be so expensive? I'd eat them all the time if I could. The healthy alternative to fast food!

Dexter_H
04-01-2005, 03:32 AM
Subway is the man.
You are right though, they are pricy.

arak0r
04-01-2005, 03:53 AM
pricey? heh like 5 dollars for a foot long sandwich..

Dexter_H
04-01-2005, 03:56 AM
$12-$13 here in Australia for a footlong.

Jesus
04-01-2005, 03:58 AM
pricey? heh like 5 dollars for a foot long sandwich..

Shaquille O'neal's foot size I may hope...

Dexter_H
04-01-2005, 04:00 AM
Goddammit you are funny Jesus.

arak0r
04-01-2005, 04:04 AM
exchange rates+++ (http://www.xe.com)

arak0r
04-01-2005, 04:06 AM
suppose it really matters what kind of sub youre getting too :P if you get some ungodly beast of a sandwich, then it can get a lil pricey :p

Toxic Speed Bump
04-01-2005, 04:22 AM
I have never been to Subway

RXP
04-01-2005, 04:27 AM
They're fuckin 4.50 for a footlong here. That's $9

Inshane
04-01-2005, 06:53 AM
A couple of years ago I went to Canada and I experienced subway.
Since then I wished we had them over here aswell. And not to long ago Arnhem got its own Subway! yay.

Tired_Of_You
04-01-2005, 01:18 PM
I have never been to Subway
Then eat there today. It's good.

Noodles is gay
04-01-2005, 01:20 PM
I've had a subway sandwich once and it was pretty good but RxP's right - very pricey for what it was.

I go down Coventry market and get pork and stuffing batches with apple sauce for 1.50! Great value and extremely nice.

Endymion
04-01-2005, 01:23 PM
meatball subs fucking rock.

JohnnyNemesis
04-01-2005, 01:44 PM
Footlongs are like, 7 bucks with a drink. And the sandwiches often taste bland as hell, and they're cheap with the cheese.

The meatball sub is their only redeeming menu option. Otherwise, the franchise sucks. Horribly.

Betty
04-01-2005, 02:21 PM
I think meatball subs are a guy thing... It's meatball! On bread!

Endymion
04-01-2005, 02:29 PM
I think meatball subs are a guy thing... It's meatball! On bread!
if you weren't as intelligent as you are beautiful i'd be upset.

Ellie
04-01-2005, 02:48 PM
Not totally a guy thing. I like 'em, too, as well as the seafood subs.

Vera
04-01-2005, 03:02 PM
I usually order veggie or tuna. But the dressings are crack.

Trip Boy
04-01-2005, 04:14 PM
I usually order veggie or tuna. But the dressings are crack.

Fatties need veggie.

HornyPope
04-01-2005, 07:55 PM
I worked in subway two years back and the stamps/coupons I collected/stole served me a great purpose for yet several months from my quitting date. I was able to eat whilst on my trip in Europe for just the price of a pop soda (usualy under two coins of local currency). I still remember the Subway near the Victoria coach station located between the passage from the Underground to the bus terminal in London.

RXP
04-02-2005, 09:59 AM
I'd love to get a hold of those stamps. Fuck.

I haven't been to that sub near the coach station. I always see it when commuting back and forth but it's high and I can't be bothered to treck my heavy bag up there.

I had one yesterday.Mmmmm

RXP
04-07-2005, 07:40 AM
Just made my own Subway style sandwich.

Had these nice soft begettes in Sainsbury. I got some tomatos, cucumber, onions, lettuce. Made my own chicken in this awesome tomoato sauce with herbs, chilly powder and tom puree. let it cook for ages so the water evaps and leave a nice thick sauce.

I served it up to myself and it was so fucking nice. gonna make that more often.

ALso I found the recipe to the sweet onion sauce they have in subway. Gonna make that next time too.

1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 tablespoon minced white onion
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons white distilled vinegar
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon buttermilk powder
1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
1/8 teaspoon poppy seeds
1/8 teaspoon salt
pinch cracked black pepper
pinch garlic powder

Preparation:

Combine all ingredients in a small microwave-safe bowl.
Heat mixture uncovered in the microwave for 1 to1 1/2 minutes on high until mixture boils rapidly.
Whisk well, cover and cool.
Makes about 2/3 cup.

Isolated Fury
04-07-2005, 07:56 AM
I was so happy when a Subway was built in my town. And imagine, a shit-hole town like mine gets blessed with its presence. :rolleyes:

burning-the-high-life
04-07-2005, 07:59 AM
yeah because jared needs more money just like bill gates and tom clancy

Mota Boy
04-07-2005, 02:37 PM
You can get a sandwich for under four bucks here. I eat it every other day for lunch.

ninth
04-07-2005, 02:47 PM
Savory Turkey on Wheat with Green Peppers, Lettuce, Cucumbers, and a minor amount of Dill Spread = Just Like Heaven

HornyPope
04-13-2005, 02:59 AM
This subway hottie makes me want to eat her instead. (http://www.philsized.com/subway/) Yummmmmmm.

An obligatory hit it pic:

http://tinypic.com/4gj9t2

RXP
04-13-2005, 03:04 AM
Give me a link to those pics HP.

My Subway stamps I got off ebay came today. Free subs for a while now :cool:

RXP
04-13-2005, 03:08 AM
Nice rack on her but those tits lay horribly. All outwards.

Edit: what a pussy tho, nicely tucked in.

(the page is taking ages to load hence the edit)

HornyPope
04-13-2005, 03:09 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v114/raidei/HIT_IT.jpg

Shut up, you'd still suck on them tities from dawn to sunset.

RXP
04-13-2005, 03:19 AM
I'd make her keep her bra on but yeah I'd suck. But her pussy! Man! I never seen one so nicely tucked in.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-13-2005, 05:49 AM
I'm addicted. Why oh why do they have to be so expensive? I'd eat them all the time if I could. The healthy alternative to fast food!

I wouldn't tell them you're dreaming about them. They'll probably charge you for it.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-13-2005, 05:55 AM
This subway hottie makes me want to eat her instead. (http://www.philsized.com/subway/) Yummmmmmm.

I'd very much like to know this woman on a deeply intimate level.

RXP
04-13-2005, 10:28 AM
Ha used my ebay subway stamps and they just took 'em. awesome. Saving of a toal of 3.80. Awesomeness.

Endymion
04-13-2005, 11:35 AM
subway??
http://www.csulb.edu/%7Erjames/kirkhit.jpg

Mota Boy
04-13-2005, 12:58 PM
There's this local Subway where I live that seems to be run by a couple stoners. They make a good sandwitch and always give me, like, four stamps for a six-inch, so that every third sub is free.

HornyPope
04-13-2005, 01:10 PM
Word is that the stamps will be soon discontinued and no longer accepted. At least what I was told at my subway.

RXP
04-13-2005, 01:15 PM
As of Dec. 31, the Subway in the University Union Food Court will no longer be accepting Sub Club Cards in exchange for free sandwiches.

The Food Court Subway, along with most Central Illinois Subway stores, are discontinuing the stamp program that allowed customers to use eight Subway stamps to redeem one free 6-inch sandwich.

The elimination of the stamps is being tested in Central Illinois, as well as in some other areas throughout the nation, said Kari Banning, general manager of the Union Subway.

"It's a test program, so they could come back," she said.

One reason for the elimination of the stamp program is fraudulence, said Christina Rowland, manager of the Food Court Subway. Many stamps are stolen or copied, while others are sold and bought over eBay, Rowland said.

"It's estimated that 25 percent of stamp cards are fraudulent," Rowland said.

The program is also being eliminated to counterbalance the raise in minimum-wage, which will be implemented at the first of the year. Subway is trying not to raise its prices, despite the minimum-wage increase, Banning said.

"Hopefully we can keep the costs low, and that will offset the cards being removed," she said.

Rowland said she doesn't think the discontinuation of the program will have a negative effect on business.

"I think everything will probably even out," she said.

While the stamps are still redeemable through the end of the year, they are no longer being distributed with purchases from Subway.

"Usage of the stamps was at about 80 percent," Rowland said, meaning that 80 percent of customers accepted Subway stamps along with their purchases before the stamps were discontinued.

Eastern students have had negative responses to the change.

"I'll eat at Subway still, but maybe not as much," said Katie Kash, a senior communication studies major. "It just makes me mad that I'm not going to get my free sub anymore."

Jordan Angle, a sophomore biology major, is disappointed with the change, as well.

"I think people who eat there a lot should get some kind of recognition for it," Angle said. "It's especially good for college students; free food is everything."

RXP
04-13-2005, 01:16 PM
There's this local Subway where I live that seems to be run by a couple stoners. They make a good sandwitch and always give me, like, four stamps for a six-inch, so that every third sub is free.

lol @ Mota Boy for eating a six inch rather than a manly footlong.

Mota Boy
04-13-2005, 02:16 PM
lol @ Mota Boy for eating a six inch rather than a manly footlong.
Hahaha... I switch back and forth depending on how hungry I am, but often it's a factor of money as much as hunger. A solid meal under four bucks is hard to come by.

Trip Boy
04-13-2005, 02:23 PM
Every time I read over this thread....I get mad cravings. You don't work for them do you?