PDA

View Full Version : The Strokes, The Hives, Velvet Underground, Sex Pistols, Nirvana, Ramones...

Raquel
10-31-2004, 10:02 AM
Hey.. I'm brazilian and I am not sure if what I'm writting here is right... In my school English is an important subject but we just learn the most simple things.. Well... Does anyone here like any of those bands??

selfrighteoussuicide
10-31-2004, 10:28 AM
nirvana were great but im not too keen on any of the other bands

punk_flamingo
10-31-2004, 07:40 PM
Ramones and Sex Pistols are fucking rad...

Nirvana were good, but I think its gay how they didnt get famous until he killed himself. And now everyones like "omg omg nirvana" when they werent even hugely successful while he was alive.

greencows12
10-31-2004, 08:23 PM
Yes. Indeed.

borgy
10-31-2004, 08:31 PM
Ramones and Sex Pistols are fucking rad...

Nirvana were good, but I think its gay how they didnt get famous until he killed himself. And now everyones like "omg omg nirvana" when they werent even hugely successful while he was alive.

That's a lie, if RIAA.com was working id prove it,

Bleach didnt sell lots but it went Platinum (Sales 1 million copies) around the time Nevermind was huge and Nevermind sold like 10 million copies in the USA alone while he was alive then In Utero like 4 million while he was alive and Icesticide went gold (500,000)

OWNED :p

BREAK
10-31-2004, 08:36 PM
Ok band, shitty band, pretty good band, overrated band, band I'm sick to death of, band I could never really get into.

SicN Twisted
10-31-2004, 09:32 PM
Decent band, decent band, absolutely amazing band, absolutely amazing band, great but over rated band.

Moose
10-31-2004, 10:35 PM
wow are you slow? nirvana didnt get popular till kurt killed himself? no one would care if they werent popular. they created a musical revolution and as dexter once said in a yahoo chat, they made music meaningful again. i hate people that dont respect what nirvana have done and are, they are amazing, also velvet underground kick ass, lou reed is sick, the sex pistols kick ass too, i cant remember the other bands you listed but ya, nirvana kick fucking ass.

punk_flamingo
10-31-2004, 10:37 PM
That's a lie, if RIAA.com was working id prove it,

Bleach didnt sell lots but it went Platinum (Sales 1 million copies) around the time Nevermind was huge and Nevermind sold like 10 million copies in the USA alone while he was alive then In Utero like 4 million while he was alive and Icesticide went gold (500,000)

OWNED :p

its not a lie actually, yeah sure they sold alot but they werent hugely successful world wide. ANd, they became MORE successful once he died.

And yes Nirvana made grunge successful but they werent the creaters of it, go do some more research.

Moose
10-31-2004, 10:39 PM
that is ridiculous and not true, they have had an incredible influence on music around the world and were famous before he died. nirvana is one of the greatest bands ever, obviously you have to put the beatles first. oh and the strokes are good too.

punk_flamingo
10-31-2004, 10:50 PM
I love people who have blinkers on...

i agree with you on the beatles matter though.

Moose
10-31-2004, 10:56 PM
whatever im not gunna bother anymore.

borgy
11-01-2004, 01:50 AM
its not a lie actually, yeah sure they sold alot but they werent hugely successful world wide. ANd, they became MORE successful once he died.

And yes Nirvana made grunge successful but they werent the creaters of it, go do some more research.

Well obviously i know this so you didn't need to tell me [about the grunge], Bands don't become more successfull cause a band member died, they become more succesfull sometimes of a period of time because a new generation of people discover the band through there music left behind, id like to use an example now to back up my arguement, Pink Floyd released "The Darkside of the Moon" in 1973, now that didnt spend 15 years in the billboard top 200 because the same generation of people from 1973 were buying the same album again and again, it's the same with The Beatles.
But like Moose said Nirvana were already famous worldwide.

Raquel
11-01-2004, 01:30 PM
About Nirvana... I think that they became really famous when they released NEVERMIND.. but who really cares about fame? I mean, their best album for me was Bleach (when they were not famous at all) and their worst was Incesticide (when they were already very, very famous)... if the man wants to kill himself it's his problem, and of course it attracts people, but the real fame has to come after good music... anyway... every band have to end someday...
And I forgot to say that I love Beatles,and The White Stripes, Green Day, The Clash, Elvis, and there is more but I'm not going to remember right now...

fairy call
11-02-2004, 01:05 AM
i like the ramones, sex pistols and nirvana, the other bands are ok, but i dont like them that much