PDA

View Full Version : These Things I Believe (Part 3...No Hype Needed)

JohnnyNemesis
04-01-2005, 09:44 PM
Here we go again. Don't expect too much this time, as I have nothing thought provoking to contribute. Just some time on my hands:

-French Toast > Pancakes > Waffles. I don't understand how people think waffles are even worthy of mention, but they're not. Recognize.

-Just to answer the question once and for all, I'm not black, and I sure as fuck am not white.

-I've noticed that I like a lot of the people here. Might be hard to tell since I'm grumpy as hell when I post, but then again, maybe that's in my head.

-Nothing Nice 2 Say is still the best comic strip ever, and The Boondocks is the best syndicated strip around.

-I have these really strange red scratches on my left arm. Pretty deep, very noticeable, and I have NO IDEA WHY. Kinda scary.

-Someone give the Baby Bulls some DAP. (PTI fans, anyone?)

Sunny
04-01-2005, 09:51 PM
FRENCH TOAST RULES ALL.

PS. for AWESOME french toast you should go to Odessa (if you haven't been there yet). it's a little diner on tompkins sq park (i think.. pretty sure..), and OH MY FUCKING GOD their french toast is AMAZING.

JohnnyNemesis
04-01-2005, 09:56 PM
*high five* Hells yeahs, French Toast rules all.

Are the prices at Odessa reasonable? If we decide to eat together again after next week, perhaps we should go there...I'm all about the diner!

Homer
04-01-2005, 10:06 PM
oh man, I had some french toast this morning... it was sooooo damn good

Sunny
04-01-2005, 10:10 PM
we should! french toast is like.. $3.50 or $4 for two GIGANTIC slices. I usually finish half of one, heh. and most of their burgers don't go over $4.

i'm hungry now, god dammit! and in westchester!

JohnnyNemesis
04-01-2005, 10:12 PM
Whoa now! $3.50?! ODESSA HERE I COME!

I'm a serious burger person...it's all I eat at those fun greasy diners. So if/when we go to Odessa, please force me to try the French Toast instead.

And damn, I'm gettin' hungry, Homer's probably hungry, you're hungry. And I know I won't be satisfied with non-French Toast meals right now. Bah!

Sunny
04-01-2005, 10:16 PM
yup.. odessa rocks.
go to "on screen menu".
http://www.menupages.com/restaurantdetails.asp?areaid=0&restaurantid=2503&neighborhoodid=0&cuisineid=0

their curly seasoned french fries = orgasmic. AND THEY DELIVER. LATE AT NIGHT. well, if you live on the lower east side. which you don't. :[

i'm gonna go pig out on orange creamsicles now. better than nothing -shrugs-

JohnnyNemesis
04-01-2005, 11:06 PM
yup.. odessa rocks.
go to "on screen menu".
http://www.menupages.com/restaurantdetails.asp?areaid=0&restaurantid=2503&neighborhoodid=0&cuisineid=0

Holy fuck, that menu looks delicious. I am so taking my lady there sometime after I check it out. Yes, the food looks so good that I'll eat the actual menu.

I like you too, pumpkin.

Ha, that wacky Justin! Here we go again! *cheesy "end of sitcom" pose: one hand on the belly, the other pointing, wearing the biggest smile imaginable *

Trip Boy
04-02-2005, 01:00 AM
Holy shit I want some french toast now!

the_GoDdEsS
04-02-2005, 02:25 AM
Mmm, French toast. If it's what I think it is.

We like you back. And there's a lot of us too. =p

SicN Twisted
04-02-2005, 02:35 AM
Odessa's on Avenue A by Saint Marx, to clear up any confusion. But waffles fucking own, I must disagree with the two of you there.

Vera
04-02-2005, 03:21 AM
Sunnniiiiess. Talk to me, woe.

Waffles can be good. It's just that they very rarely are.

Jesus
04-02-2005, 03:42 AM
French toast or baked bread at a diner, jeez. Selling sex as a commodity sure thing, but come on french toast. You have to be a lazy cunt not to make it yourself.

This said pancakes > baked bread. Waffles, more precisely warm sugar waffles, are a snack anyway. A great one though.

Anyway I'm eating pita/kebab now. mmmmmmm

Vera
04-02-2005, 03:58 AM
Pitakebabs are yummy.

JohnnyNemesis
04-02-2005, 09:04 AM
Waffles can be good. It's just that they very rarely are.
True indeed. Except I'd bold the very there. Or italicize it. Either way, it doesn't compare to the other two, and waffles usually suck. Bad.

Thanks for the clarification Sic.

iflogmymolly
04-02-2005, 09:25 AM
Here we go again. Don't expect too much this time, as I have nothing thought provoking to contribute. Just some time on my hands:

-French Toast > Pancakes > Waffles. I don't understand how people think waffles are even worthy of mention, but they're not. Recognize.

-Just to answer the question once and for all, I'm not black, and I sure as fuck am not white.

-I've noticed that I like a lot of the people here. Might be hard to tell since I'm grumpy as hell when I post, but then again, maybe that's in my head.

-Nothing Nice 2 Say is still the best comic strip ever, and The Boondocks is the best syndicated strip around.

-I have these really strange red scratches on my left arm. Pretty deep, very noticeable, and I have NO IDEA WHY. Kinda scary.

-Someone give the Baby Bulls some DAP. (PTI fans, anyone?)

I think you should write a book. :D

nieh
04-02-2005, 09:27 AM

I've never been much a fan of pancakes or waffles, but given the choice, I'd go with waffles. Pancakes don't do a damn thing for me. French Toast though, I like a lot. I just rarely ever get it.

Trip Boy
04-02-2005, 10:58 AM
As great as it tastes sometimes it doesn't look very appealing other times it does....

http://www.cookingschools.com/interviews/delores-custer/french.jpg

http://www.sweetfrenchtoast.com/sweetfrenchtoast/frenchtoast_012504.jpg

http://www.saddlepeaklodge.com/Newsite/images/FOOD_WEB/French%20Toast.jpg

http://www.lemonmeringue.com/images/im_menu/brunch/french-toast.jpg

Sunny
04-02-2005, 11:08 AM
HUNGRY!!!

anyways, on the subject of waffles. they do suck most of the time.. but cinnamon apple FILLED waffles are just SO GOOD.

JohnnyNemesis
04-02-2005, 11:51 AM
Fuck, that banana topped French Toast looks orgasmic.

Tizzalicious
04-02-2005, 11:52 AM
I think waffles are great! I had some great ones in Turkey! Yummmmm!!!!! But French toast is good tooooooooo!

I'm getting hungry here.

JohnnyNemesis
04-02-2005, 05:24 PM
Me too, me too. And bump. And I'd totally date Justin.

Sunny
04-02-2005, 05:26 PM
I want the one with raspberries and cream. AHHHH RASPBERRIES. <3

nitropenguin!
04-02-2005, 05:28 PM
They were probably inflicted during sex. I mean, who pays attention during sex?

Trip Boy
04-06-2005, 12:31 AM
I wanted to give a big Thank you to JohnnyNemesis. For had he not made this thread...I wouldn't have ordered French Toast this morning...and had one of the best breakfasts ever! Thanks.

JohnnyNemesis
04-06-2005, 08:55 AM
*bows* You're welcome, you're welcome. Send me the receipt and I'll give you an autograph.

Tired_Of_You
04-06-2005, 01:13 PM

Oh yeah! French toasts are really good. Sometimes my stepfather makes that Saturday or Sunday morning.

I made pancakes during 5 hours 2 weeks ago. 5 fucking hours (it was for the family), but pancakes rock anyway.

Waffles = meh.

All that stuff need real good mapple syrup, though. And in Quebec, we've got that. =D I want pancakes!

Mota Boy
04-06-2005, 01:59 PM
Those that don't like waffles have never eaten at my grandmother's on Sunday morning. She has the best waffles. Not to mention the best fried chicken and corn bread and shrimp po-boys...

Damn, now you've made me hungry.

Gothgirl2606
04-06-2005, 02:10 PM
heya! you guys ever heard of like, oily bread??? it sounds gross, but it's like fried yellow bread, and is absolutely gorge with a "traditional" english fry-up!! :p

Amanda
04-06-2005, 02:17 PM
No idea what the fuck this post is about to start with...Cant be bothered to read, im too pissed...screw life, screw society, screw everybody...

Tired_Of_You
04-06-2005, 02:18 PM
No idea what the fuck this post is about to start with...Cant be bothered to read, im too pissed...screw life, screw society, screw everybody...
Then don't reply.

Amanda
04-06-2005, 02:28 PM
But if I didn't reply I wud be deprived of the of the joy of pissing off the likes of u...Plz dont take away my life's entertaining! :D

Isolated Fury
04-06-2005, 02:50 PM
But if I didn't reply I wud be deprived of the of the joy of pissing off the likes of u...Plz dont take away my life's entertaining! :D

It's all in your head.

But anyway, I'd say that French toast > waffles > pancakes. I really like French toast, but I never have a chance to actually eat it. Pancakes suck. So, I guess waffles are my happy medium, sadly.

the_GoDdEsS
04-06-2005, 03:19 PM

Omfg, aren't you a punk?

Amanda
04-06-2005, 03:32 PM
I dunno....wtf...dont label me....that pisses me off...i like pissing ppl off, but i dont like being pissed off...

Isolated Fury
04-06-2005, 03:33 PM
I dunno....wtf...dont label me....that pisses me off...i like pissing ppl off, but i dont like being pissed off...

Grow up. No one cares.

Vera
04-07-2005, 03:54 AM
Oh my god, I'm quoted in Johnny's sig. 0_0

JohnnyNemesis
04-07-2005, 08:01 AM
That's cause you're legendary.

Vera
04-07-2005, 08:19 AM
'Course I am!