PDA

View Full Version : Dusky, just a thought

the_GoDdEsS
04-03-2005, 01:32 PM
I'm tired of your Victorian English, of your unnatural language and flowery speech that you seem to love but in the end it only makes you sound all confusing, pseudo-intellectual and insane. Your vocabulary is flashy and makes you incapable of producing a coherent text at times.

You're stuck somewhere in the 19th century England, ripping off Emily Brontë's language and thinking you're in the Wuthering Heights (1847, I googled this) book meanwhile this is an Offspring forum (2005).

I suggest you start using modern conversational English. And if you have writing aspirations in the Victorian Gothicky style, please keep them away from regular topics where they don't belong and annoy people or post separate ones where your work may be appreciated.

Thank you.

nieh
04-03-2005, 01:38 PM
Am I supposed to care?

Maria

that's more like it!

Noodles is gay
04-03-2005, 01:39 PM
NO! I quite disagree goddess! I love the way she writes - it's like reading some amazing piece of literature; she's even made ME resort to a dictionary once or twice! :o

JohnnyNemesis
04-03-2005, 01:40 PM
I agree with Sim 100%. Don't get me wrong though, because I still like Ms. Duskygrin, because she's interesting.

the_GoDdEsS
04-03-2005, 01:42 PM
Jenny, this is not a literature forum though. And there's only a minority of people who might like that.

nitropenguin!
04-03-2005, 01:42 PM
I understand Dusky's use of Victorian English. =/

But I do admit, aside from understanding, it still definitely makes you look egotistic.

the_GoDdEsS
04-03-2005, 01:46 PM
I understand Dusky's use of Victorian English. =/

But I do admit, aside from understanding, it still definitely makes you look egotistic.

I understand it too but it usually seems it is more important to her how she says things than what she actually says. When you're on a discussion forum where you are supposed to bring up some arguments, why complicating the language unnecessarily?

Egotistic, yes.

Obie2trice
04-03-2005, 01:48 PM
Yeah dusky, why do you think you`re so smart?

JohnnyNemesis
Bah. Like I said, I'm fond of Maria, but how can someone be jealous of a quality they consider to be negative? It really makes no sense, and just doesn't apply.

The writing is nice, but people can only take so much of it. You shouldn't change it just cause of that, but it's a point to be made.

Serafin Negro
Moi je soutiens Maria a fond: vive Maria et son nglais...d'ailleurs si tu voulais traduire ce que je viens d eleur dire mdr^^

the_GoDdEsS
04-03-2005, 01:50 PM
You write for ppl to like you? Nice. You're a hypocritical fraud. You're a sham & an arse-ilcker like so many (but not all!) in here.

Maria

You're twisting my point and running away from actually defending yourself. Plus, I don't need to lick anyone's arse on here.

Haha, you're pulling the jealosy thing on me again. Come up with something new already.

nitropenguin!
04-03-2005, 01:51 PM
It is unnecessary, but if she's comfortable with it, fine with me I suppose.

Why is it, that people always use the "You're just jealous." remark when confronted with a reasonable argument? Dusky, you may have feuded with Goddess in the past but I don't see why you should dwell on that and ignore what she has to say.

Tijs
04-03-2005, 01:51 PM
The only thing that annoys me about Dusky is that she writes 'Maria' beneath every one of her posts. There's a signature option. Which I've disabled, cause I don't want to see it.

wheelchairman
04-03-2005, 01:54 PM
Serafin Negro also types French like the British type English.

Tijs
04-03-2005, 01:55 PM
Yep. If I put it in my sig, you would still find it written. But on my previous posts, there would be 2 Marias.

Maria

'UserCP' --> 'Edit options' --> uncheck 'Show Signatures'

I won't see it if you put it in your sig.

Omni
04-03-2005, 01:56 PM
The only time she's ever made me mad was when she insulted TripBoy for misspelling some words. As far as her dialogue goes, I don't really have a PROBLEM with it, but it looks like she's trying to hard to seem like something she's not. Because I KNOW she doesn't pull that stuff in real life.

nitropenguin!
04-03-2005, 02:00 PM
Trip just puts 'a's where they don't belong... wow Dusky, you really need to find some better criticism to confront people with.

Noodles is gay
04-03-2005, 02:00 PM
I understand it too but it usually seems it is more important to her how she says things than what she actually says. When you're on a discussion forum where you are supposed to bring up some arguments, why complicating the language unnecessarily?

Because it's fun and adds an enjoyable twist to those of us who do enjoy reading something which isn't:

"a/s/l?? LOCLOLLOL M8z hiTdcHG Wot Ya wNT GimP???"

You could always add her to your ignore list?

Maria

P.s.: why, thank you, Noods! Of course, you're English, doing classics... so you cannot but be clever & aspire to write beautifully to match the effulgence of feelings. *flicks away goddess's objections like so many roaches*

Yup; tis always the classics :cool: I can only aspire to write like that though (Melvin can)

the_GoDdEsS
04-03-2005, 02:01 PM
lol well to cut a long story short, Serafin Negro entirely approves of my English! So here's a big fuck you...

To Jhonny: she's pretending to find it negative, but she's craving for it herself.

Maria

Wow, that was a really mature argument you used there. Congratulations.

I don't find it negative. I like it when people use this kind of vocabulary for writing purposes. I am merely stating the fact that it is rather inappropriate for this forum or regular conversation, Miss Pseudo-Intellectual.

the_GoDdEsS
04-03-2005, 02:05 PM
The only time she's ever made me mad was when she insulted TripBoy for misspelling some words. As far as her dialogue goes, I don't really have a PROBLEM with it, but it looks like she's trying to hard to seem like something she's not. Because I KNOW she doesn't pull that stuff in real life.

I agree, it's small spelling mistakes that at least 70% of native speakers make anyway.

However, there's still a difference between being a spelling Nazi and trying to sound all educated and forcing it upon people.

the_GoDdEsS
04-03-2005, 02:08 PM
Are you asking for a fight? Are you calling me out? I don't want to know you, I don't want to fight, you mean nothing to me.

Maria

I'm not asking for a fight. I'm 'trying' to converse with you but you obviously don't want to face it.

Jenny, I won't put anyone on my ignore list. And it interests me what Dusky has to say.

JoY
04-03-2005, 02:11 PM
I understand Dusky just fine, but that's not really the issue here.
I'm easily amused, as I've stated many times, but I'm certainly not easily impressed. her language seems unnatural, yes. it seems like she's putting on a show, since it seems so forced. & the -only- problem I have with it, is that I don't like it, when people need such a thing, a different style (in case forced) to show they've got a personality. it doesn't make them anything special. it doesn't make them stand out in the crowd. it makes them one of billions of other people, who just want to be noticed. & everyone does, there's nothing wrong with wanting to be noticed. just let it be for positive things, such as positive messages, contributions to discussions, kindness, etc.

the_GoDdEsS
04-03-2005, 02:14 PM
I agree with Bella, it does seem rather forced and a show off kind. I don't know if she's showing off in front of people or just showing off for herself to prove she's educated.

Dusky, if you want to avoid the issue, I'm fine with it. I've made my point.

Noodles is gay
04-03-2005, 02:19 PM
My thread, oh my thread... hmm I'm among the BBS elite now... I've just landed a promotion... My new star is shining on my breast! I'll polish it to bedazzle evr'yone, so that they'll bow & worship... for I am the True, the Only Duskygrin.

Maria

you have a long way to go, child; I have like 4! :cool:

«_ºßäߥ_Ðëvilº_»
04-03-2005, 02:22 PM
you have a long way to go, child; I have like 4! :cool:

I have two....woo-hoo... :D

Noodles is gay
04-03-2005, 02:24 PM
her language seems unnatural, yes. it seems like she's putting on a show, since it seems so forced.

I must disagree; i think the words 'flow' nicely and, because it actually makes sense, it doesn't seem forced at all - quite the reverse.

Mannen som blev en gris
04-03-2005, 02:24 PM
Well you know where she's from.... :p The only thing that I don't like is the &s insted of and. And a/s/l?? LOCLOLLOL M8z hiTdcHG Wot Ya wNT GimP???
is much worse. (don't write anything about my english! what I don't know won't hurt me....:D)

Jesus
04-03-2005, 03:23 PM
Dusky's posts usually sound to me as a foreigner writing in English with a dictionary next to it. Instead of choosing the 1st translation she finds, she uses a more obscure one. Pretty pointless, although there is a career for her in academic circles where people usually point out the obvious with "big words".

the_GoDdEsS
04-03-2005, 03:26 PM
Jesus speaks the truth because he's... Jesus. Duh.

arak0r
04-03-2005, 03:51 PM
I'm tired of your Victorian English, of your unnatural language and flowery speech that you seem to love but in the end it only makes you sound all confusing, pseudo-intellectual and insane. Your vocabulary is flashy and makes you incapable of producing a coherent text at times.

You're stuck somewhere in the 19th century England, ripping off Emily Brontë's language and thinking you're in the Wuthering Heights (1847, I googled this) book meanwhile this is an Offspring forum (2005).

I suggest you start using modern conversational English. And if you have writing aspirations in the Victorian Gothicky style, please keep them away from regular topics where they don't belong and annoy people or post separate ones where your work may be appreciated.

Thank you.wuthering heights is a great book :o

wheelchairman
04-03-2005, 03:52 PM
I've never found DuskyGrin's way of writing to be unnatural. She's an eccentric person, they must write eccentric, no?

arak0r
04-03-2005, 03:55 PM
I agree with Sim 100%. Don't get me wrong though, because I still like Ms. Duskygrin, because she's interesting.
no no no.. pol pot, lenin, gaddafi, or my new favorite dictator, idi amin dada, they are interesting. dusky grin is.. annoying and basically seems like shes full of shit. in fact she reminds me of some early 1900s hollywood wench that thinks shes queen shit

arak0r
04-03-2005, 03:57 PM
I've never found DuskyGrin's way of writing to be unnatural. She's an eccentric person, they must write eccentric, no? ... yoda.. is eccentric. duskygrin is bat shit crazy.

voodoomagik
04-03-2005, 04:00 PM
haha....it's absurd..everyone is free to type as they want!!!!wtf???it gets u confusing???then skip over it!!!maybe ppl here don't necesarly have to type a certain way just to please u!!!sa-mi sugi pula tarfo!!!!!

arak0r
04-03-2005, 04:03 PM
haha....it's absurd..everyone is free to type as they want!!!!wtf???it gets u confusing???then skip over it!!!maybe ppl here don't necesarly have to type a certain way just to please u!!!sa-mi sugi pula tarfo!!!!!

stfu gypsy :\

arak0r
04-03-2005, 04:11 PM
One more post like that & I'll invade mine own conquered thread with my Green Dragoons (I being the reincarnation of Banastre Tarleton) & wreak havoc among my foes... for this thread is truly gone to pan.

Maria.....Oh no, thats perfectly normal.

Noodles is gay
04-03-2005, 04:21 PM
*keeps in perfect formation with Spartan allies in a charge at Jesus*

*stab then trample Jesus into the ground*

*holds the pass (thread) despite the onslaught*

Linda
04-03-2005, 04:21 PM
Ye who live in glass houses should not throw stones. :/

Noodles is gay
04-03-2005, 04:24 PM
*the onslaught continues*

*the bodies have formed a new ground level several feet higher than the original*

*the floor squelches with blood, sputum and piss*

*and yet Jenny and the Spartans are still in perfect formation holding the baying mobs at back*

Noodles is gay
04-03-2005, 04:28 PM
*shouts to duskygrin across the utterly cacophonous battlefield*

I have Spartan allies! We always protect the man to our right with shields!

*continues the slaughter*

Noodles is gay
04-03-2005, 04:29 PM
Lol Jenny the spartans shall all die you know they're doomed... but we shall come out winners! For our cavalry is still in perfect Britigh shape!!!

Maria

of course, the cavalry!

*leaves the Spartans to their fate*

arak0r
04-03-2005, 04:31 PM
*starts invasion by beheading Arakor with a deft flourish of her broadsword*

Maria

youre a fuckin clown

Linda
04-03-2005, 04:40 PM
did I say or do sth wrong, Linda??? Sorry about that...

Lol Jenny the turtle!!! Do the turtle with the shields, or else tis an utter rout!!!

Maria

No no, dear, that wasn't directed at you! :)

I enjoy reading your posts more than anyone else's on this board.

Linda
04-03-2005, 04:46 PM
Really??? Now, that's some compliment!!! Thanks lady *drops curtsey*

Maria

You're quite welcome! And I sincerely mean that too. :)

Renegade6
04-03-2005, 04:50 PM
Where art though a long timeth ago?

voodoomagik
04-04-2005, 01:25 AM
what did ya say???u know ya dumb retarded shit pls quit makin stupid idiotic presumtions bcoz u simply don't have the "skills"to do that...calling me a gipsy shows indeed how little u know about my country...which u americans consider it to be on spain continent or somth like that???and speaking about culture u shud listen to greg girlado-america's kids are the third from bottom at mathematics and science...congratulations you have just been beat by madagascar.......so if ya really want to call someone names and stuff related to their culture open a book dude and read about it first...read about where gipsyes come,their culture and then about romania and then start havin an opinion....don't call me a gipsy bcoz u've seen 2 southpark episodes or a reality show,...u know ppl like you mentain the theory that USA is the the stupidest nation in the world.......which i didn't necesarly believe....but then i met you........stupid americans!!!

gabyas85
04-04-2005, 02:34 AM
e jenant!asta vb de tigani da cu ce sunt diferiti de negrii, mexicanii, cubanezii si toti hispanicii aia din ghetouri?retardat!

RXP
04-04-2005, 03:20 AM
All French people are fucking stupid.

HornyPope
04-04-2005, 03:49 AM
You people talk too much. This is a cat fight between Sim and Maria, let the two sort it out. No need to engage in alliances and judge one another.

RXP
04-04-2005, 03:51 AM
You want a good clean fight, no shots below the belt?

HornyPope
04-04-2005, 03:53 AM
I want naked mud wrestling.

ninth
04-04-2005, 03:56 AM
Unfair, Dusky and her crabs would outnumber Sim.

RXP
04-04-2005, 03:59 AM
Maria's like French tho, she'd surrender.

HornyPope
04-04-2005, 04:01 AM
Unfair, Dusky and her crabs would outnumber Sim.

I'm gonna rule this one an interference after I chuckled through.

*chuckles* *and again for good measure*

All right, funny guy, stay out of this.

arak0r
04-04-2005, 04:13 AM
what did ya say???u know ya dumb retarded shit pls quit makin stupid idiotic presumtions bcoz u simply don't have the "skills"to do that...calling me a gipsy shows indeed how little u know about my country...which u americans consider it to be on spain continent or somth like that???and speaking about culture u shud listen to greg girlado-america's kids are the third from bottom at mathematics and science...congratulations you have just been beat by madagascar.......so if ya really want to call someone names and stuff related to their culture open a book dude and read about it first...read about where gipsyes come,their culture and then about romania and then start havin an opinion....don't call me a gipsy bcoz u've seen 2 southpark episodes or a reality show,...u know ppl like you mentain the theory that USA is the the stupidest nation in the world.......which i didn't necesarly believe....but then i met you........stupid americans!!!

rofl. i dont know why im going to bother responding to this, but hey. i dont watch reality shows, i hate south park. you havent met me, and what the fuck are you talking about spain continent? and what countries we're in on that thing? who is this "greg girlado"? ok, lets get in on education!

tell me this sir, if you are a genius, and i am stupid. tell me what is the economic policy behind capitalism, and communism. tell me the pros and cons of each, then give me an elaborate thought out summary and tell me which one you think is best.

no? dont like that? well fine, compare the ancient chinese han dynasty, with the roman empire. tell me how they were founded, what kind of "religious" ideals they each had, what kind of government they had, and how their people lived. still dont like it?

come on. you can do all that since youre better than americans! yes surely because i called you a gypsy, which was fully intended to troll you and obviously so, and you fell for it, it must mean i am stupid. brilliant, want a guinness?

not my fault your little country is loaded with gypsies. hell id rate the ukraine, and hungary, and bulgaria far more important than romania. easily. face it, romania is nothing on a global scale. sure america is filled with pricks, but we're important pricks as opposed to you, gypsy boy.

arak0r
04-04-2005, 04:14 AM
oh and btw,

http://www.mongobarn.nu/20000715/08-troll-after.jpg

JoY
04-04-2005, 04:20 AM
"gypsy" is NOT an insult. grr.

& Maria, really girl, I said something about your writing style, that does not mean I have anything against you personally. I don't dislike you. you seem to be the one who thoroughly dislikes me. though that's fine, I suppose.

arak0r
04-04-2005, 04:21 AM
"gypsy" is NOT an insult. grr.

& Maria, really girl, I said something about your writing style, that does not mean I have anything against you personally. I don't dislike you. you seem to be the one who thoroughly dislikes me. though that's fine, I suppose.shhhuuuush im trolling :P

JoY
04-04-2005, 04:23 AM
shhhuuuush im trolling :P
yeah, I know you always manage to find pleasure in that. ;]

I'm real hard to shush, though. *sticks out tongue*

arak0r
04-04-2005, 04:30 AM
yeah, I know you always manage to find pleasure in that. ;]

I'm real hard to shush, though. *sticks out tongue* hahah aw such a cute isa *throws demon puppy in your general direction*

JoY
04-04-2005, 04:37 AM
yay, PUPPY!!

arak0r
04-04-2005, 05:00 AM
http://www.boomspeed.com/joeay/woof.jpg

that lil strand of hair partially covering her other eye gives her a crazy look :P

arak0r
04-04-2005, 05:05 AM
I dislike noone. Those who dislike me aren't okay with themselves.

Maria

so if someone dislikes you, that means they arent ok with themselves? funny logic..

ninth
04-04-2005, 05:07 AM
Because deep down we're all French prostitutes that obsess over TripBoy. Therefore, if we dislike her we dislike ourselves. Simple logic Joey.

ninth
04-04-2005, 05:10 AM
I always thought no one could be more into themselves than me, thanks for clearing that one up.

ninth
04-04-2005, 05:15 AM
I guess it's kinda evident (that you're about to burst) by way of your enormous head.

Toxic Speed Bump
04-04-2005, 05:17 AM
I hate the way you sign your posts, there is a signature box in your User CP... use it.

Inshane
04-04-2005, 05:22 AM
I dont want to be mean, but there is a lot of lovetalk around here; giving eachother a lot of compliments/hugs/kisses/lesbian sex. thats all fine with me. but in my opinion that is as annoying as any other person on here with his 'own' way of talking. If you believe Maria talks like a fake highly educated person, and you don't like her showing that she can talk like that. Id say stop the other gangbangs aswell.

I have nothing against anybody around here (ok not anybody); but these threads about dissing eachother are really low. Like some around here scream about ignore-lists; you are on mine! with a comment back like : I dont care! just use that tempting ignore button if it really irritates you and please dont tell anybody who does belong to your little list, that his/her posts arent worth reading.

hm I actually said something about being nice to eachother;thats so not me irl. :\

Toxic Speed Bump
04-04-2005, 05:25 AM
I've made up my mind about it: I'll keep it that way. Go boil an egg before I behead you in a final flourish. *tarleton draws sword with a leer*

Maria

I don't like eggs.

ninth
04-04-2005, 05:31 AM
I've never been big on ignore lists because I get off on people talking shit about me, but that's just my thing.
edit: Wrong topic/rectified.

Toxic Speed Bump
04-04-2005, 05:32 AM
cool hair dude.

arak0r
04-04-2005, 05:37 AM
My head is so huge it has loads of brains in it. Want some?

Maria you do realize, that people with smaller brain size, are generally quicker thinkers.. right?

arak0r
04-04-2005, 05:38 AM
I dont want to be mean, but there is a lot of lovetalk around here; giving eachother a lot of compliments/hugs/kisses/lesbian sex. thats all fine with me. but in my opinion that is as annoying as any other person on here with his 'own' way of talking. If you believe Maria talks like a fake highly educated person, and you don't like her showing that she can talk like that. Id say stop the other gangbangs aswell.

I have nothing against anybody around here (ok not anybody); but these threads about dissing eachother are really low. Like some around here scream about ignore-lists; you are on mine! with a comment back like : I dont care! just use that tempting ignore button if it really irritates you and please dont tell anybody who does belong to your little list, that his/her posts arent worth reading.

hm I actually said something about being nice to eachother;thats so not me irl. :\

so emo

arak0r
04-04-2005, 05:39 AM
Because deep down we're all French prostitutes that obsess over TripBoy. Therefore, if we dislike her we dislike ourselves. Simple logic Joey. ohhh it all makes sense now yes!

Inshane
04-04-2005, 05:43 AM
yeah you should read my songs;

all about breaking fingernails, getting bullied in highschool and broken relationships.

I so hate the fucking shit out everybody here, but I dont care!! go me.

Toxic Speed Bump
04-04-2005, 05:46 AM
post some up.

voodoomagik
04-04-2005, 06:42 AM
rofl. i dont know why im going to bother responding to this, but hey. i dont watch reality shows, i hate south park. you havent met me, and what the fuck are you talking about spain continent? and what countries we're in on that thing? who is this "greg girlado"? ok, lets get in on education!

tell me this sir, if you are a genius, and i am stupid. tell me what is the economic policy behind capitalism, and communism. tell me the pros and cons of each, then give me an elaborate thought out summary and tell me which one you think is best.

no? dont like that? well fine, compare the ancient chinese han dynasty, with the roman empire. tell me how they were founded, what kind of "religious" ideals they each had, what kind of government they had, and how their people lived. still dont like it?

come on. you can do all that since youre better than americans! yes surely because i called you a gypsy, which was fully intended to troll you and obviously so, and you fell for it, it must mean i am stupid. brilliant, want a guinness?

not my fault your little country is loaded with gypsies. hell id rate the ukraine, and hungary, and bulgaria far more important than romania. easily. face it, romania is nothing on a global scale. sure america is filled with pricks, but we're important pricks as opposed to you, gypsy boy.
the idea of comunism started from marx with some changes brought by lenin and stalin..the concept was that all that is bad in the world,the hate between human beeings is started by their diferent material condition....bcoz of the envy...so that was fixed...they tried to make all the ppl the same..well..i know a great deal about economics and shit bcoz i study this stuff...it's too much to discuss on some boards and to someone who suffers from a complex of inferiority and wants to show me with any cost that he's smarter......and the stuff with the chineese and the roman empire..forget about it......this is primare knowledge..go and brag someplace else...i'd really want to tell ya some stuff but it'll take me alot of pages and bsides...why??and the fact that my country is filled with gipsies...well i guess that's true 2.5% or so of the total population,hhhmmm pretty small for a country "filled with gypsies"huh??? 2.5% when the Hungarians are 6.6%..but u see countries who don't see the garbage lieing in thir own garden like ya beloved usa(ignore the hispanic and black population that lives in the ghetto of the usa,comiting horrible crimes for 20$,focus on the gypsies in romanaia)...the sad part is that this gipsies go abroad and embarace our country..as a matter of fact smart guy bulgaria has more gipsies than romania....and by the way...if ya didn't already started to look for information on google...the gipsies came from india where they were considered the 4th race..when someone from the superior race saw one of them on the street they had to do a temple ritual for purification..that's why they were cast out of towns..then they were forced out of the country and they entered the oriental roman empire and from there they spread in all eastern europe..later on after defeating the turks in a battle..stefan the greatest brought about 2000 of them in moldova as slaves!and by the way..romania doesn't count anymore but it once did..if ya look in our past u shud find out that my country was the reason why poland,austria and other countries are now still christians...it was the gate to the christianity..and due to our geographic position..always situated between enemies...the otoman empire,polland,austria,hungary,Russia we were always at war........and if ya look at it this way...when mihai the brave with his small army was defeating sinan,the second man in the otoman(turkish) empire at calugareni,your culture was far from beeing born.....well we did better later on..even when ceausescu was living..we were the biggest grain exporter and 4th in the world at oil exports....but we started doing very bad after we started kissin ya ass,american ass after ceausescu's fall...plus all our young minds go abroad..mostly in the us..who is the biggest brain buyer...ppl from contris like Romania,Israel,china,Russia,computer experts and mathematicians...ppl that now work at microsoft, nasa and others brought u were ya are today..u shud be greatful u bastard.....(between us do u know who used to train the usa's math olimpic team???...thats right manescu..guess where's he from??).

StayInTheHouseCarl
04-04-2005, 07:54 AM
what bugs me about this, is that you are trying to get her to change the way she writes, because you dont like it. how hypocritical, very elitist.

she can post in anyway she wants, haiku, sonnet, rap. if you dont like it, all you can really do is click ignore.

voodoomagik
04-04-2005, 09:03 AM
that's what i said....

Vera
04-04-2005, 09:40 AM
Oh Jesus Christ, give me a fucking break.

I should parody her posts, I really should. Because, like many of us have noticed, she's so French. It pains me how much she's reinforcing the stereotype. But that's not the point.

WCM, she's not eccentric. She's a very regular human being, there is nothing quirky about her interests or her personality. What's quirky is how she chooses to bring herself out, represent it.

I think a lot of it is simply mother language interference (sp?). French and English have influenced each other a lot, but they're also very different kind of languages. It seems to be like she's constantly taking from French, mostly the seemingly complicated adjectives that are regular but in French but their English substitutes sound more lyrical and strange, they're not conversational at all. Also idioms. It seems like she translates French idioms straight to English and let's face it, idioms just don't work that way.

It would sound pretty silly if I started using phrases like "I was as wet as a cat who was forced to swim" or "it fits like a fist in the eye" or "patience is a trump". You know what I mean? That's basic understanding of a language. You shouldn't use idioms if you don't know the specific idioms of the language.

And vice versa. I don't use "kerran sinisessä kuussa" (= once in a blue moon, straight translation). It's just not how you operate.

To be completely honest, I don't think there's a difference in writing pretentious-sounding lyrical bullshit and writing OMGZzzz OfsPriNg RuLz K?1+1+1+1+1+!111109. Both people could plead that it's their individual style, their unique way of expressing themselves and I'd say the same thing to both of them:

Could be, but it still makes you look like an ass.

And no, I'm not jealous. When I write poetry, I write poetry. When I want to use flowery, poetic language, I will. I just don't see it as fitting in this form of communication. Neither do I see the netspeek as fitting, unless in small portions, to be sarcastic or to mock someone who seriously types like that.

In other words, Goddess is 100% right. And true to what a lot of people said. It just sounds fake. It's like she's still not over the punkrock phase we all go through when we're younger, you know, the time when you want to show everyone you're SO different from the masses, you're SO punkrock, you're SO cool and individual and non-conformist and anarchy rules, whoa. She's just chosen the "My Soul Is So Deepe, I write in the style of the past mystics, shadowed by my veil of beauty, my teeth gnashing against each other as I vanish, over and over again, my steps ever-silent, a vampiric spider, a dark man covered in pain, cobwebs, a sigh"-way of trying to be so unique.

PS. Yes, that parody wasn't my best. I just can't do it! I still have my sanity, after all.

Vera
04-04-2005, 09:55 AM
It's "not me".

I've got a Finnish idiom for you, tart. Pull your cunt over your head.

Vera
04-04-2005, 10:00 AM
Oh no, her language-raping-skills are so incredible even female genitalia over her head can't stop her from talking!

It's like the French Godzilla! Save yourselves!

AAAAAHHH!!!

Vera
04-04-2005, 10:10 AM
Mission accomplished.

Muaahhahahah.

Oh god, boredom always leads to me being evil to people. Oh well.

Serafin Negro
04-04-2005, 11:06 AM
Serafin Negro also types French like the British type English.

Yes...et j'en suis fier :cool:

Maria, je continue a te soutenir...binouz' a la main...et puis s'il te lache pas je demande a tout mes potes grungies de venir les pourrir sur le forum!!! :D

voodoomagik
04-04-2005, 11:18 AM
Binouz??? cekoiça!!!

Euh... mdrrr t'en fê pa pour moi s'il le fallait je demanderais à mon copain de les hacker!!! mais ça me fait bien marrer en fait... et puis voodoo et noods sont sympa comme tout... c'est gentil à toi!!! donc voilà par contre, ce qui est moins drôle, c'est que justement... mon copain... j'avais rdv à 13h... et g zappé... et... il m'a fait une tête comme ça... au carré... j'lui ai dit: 'tu bloques pas là-dessus qd même??? je peux m'amender!!!' rien à faire il décrochait pas un sourire... donc... ça me fait chier... ct'aprèm il a picolé avec un pote et soudain ça allait mieux, il était tout miel... cherche pas...

tu veux une tof de lui??? Lol va ds le thread photo album c'est celui avec les canettes de bière sur les bras affalé contre la cheminée... g d ja dû te le dire... il ets sur un blog d'ailleurs... je te dirai l'adresse qd je l'aurai... faut que je laisse un petit mot!!!

Biz Maria
what does it mean..cos i see my name there......

voodoomagik
04-04-2005, 11:25 AM
i hate french laguage...sprechst du deutsch??? :D

voodoomagik
04-04-2005, 11:43 AM
You hate French? Well, that ain't very nice, for sure!!!

Ich liebe dich ich bin Maria heil Hitler nattürlich tis all I know in Deutsch!

Maria
hahaha..pretty much..the basics...u cud really manage to survive out there :D especially with that heil hitler part!!!

burning-the-high-life
04-04-2005, 11:56 AM
NO! I quite disagree goddess! I love the way she writes - it's like reading some amazing piece of literature; she's even made ME resort to a dictionary once or twice! :o

wtf noodles ig ur lookin up words in the dictionary just to talk to someone online sounds kinda desperate if you ask me... no i don't care if you do ask me its sounds desperate.

Noodles is gay
04-04-2005, 12:05 PM
wtf noodles ig ur lookin up words in the dictionary just to talk to someone online sounds kinda desperate if you ask me... no i don't care if you do ask me its sounds desperate.

Seeing as you're new i'll explain; i love the English language and enjoy learning what new words mean so if i EVER encounter a word which i'm unsure about then i will look it up. Doesn't matter if it's in a newspaper, poem, signpost or even Duskygrin's post.

Noodles is gay
04-04-2005, 12:18 PM
lol; i'm must apologize profusely for any offence caused - a slip of the fingers :/

Noodles is gay
04-04-2005, 12:23 PM
How could i refuse such an offer?

*takes hand*

Serafin Negro
04-04-2005, 12:24 PM
Binouz??? cekoiça!!!

Euh... mdrrr t'en fê pa pour moi s'il le fallait je demanderais à mon copain de les hacker!!! mais ça me fait bien marrer en fait... et puis voodoo et noods sont sympa comme tout... c'est gentil à toi!!! donc voilà par contre, ce qui est moins drôle, c'est que justement... mon copain... j'avais rdv à 13h... et g zappé... et... il m'a fait une tête comme ça... au carré... j'lui ai dit: 'tu bloques pas là-dessus qd même??? je peux m'amender!!!' rien à faire il décrochait pas un sourire... donc... ça me fait chier... ct'aprèm il a picolé avec un pote et soudain ça allait mieux, il était tout miel... cherche pas...

tu veux une tof de lui??? Lol va ds le thread photo album c'est celui avec les canettes de bière sur les bras affalé contre la cheminée... g d ja dû te le dire... il ets sur un blog d'ailleurs... je te dirai l'adresse qd je l'aurai... faut que je laisse un petit mot!!!

Biz Maria

Binouz'= biere voyons!!! :D

Bah ton copain si j'étais lui j'aurias...^^ Non je dec...par contre il tiens aps a l'alcool s'il change de caractere rien qu'en en buvant (avec moi ca marche aps...je suis toujours aussi pervers apres!!!)

sKratch
04-04-2005, 01:21 PM
Incorrect. Reading her posts is like stabbing yourself in the eye with monster truck.
I don't care how naturally it comes; if it flows from your fingers with more regularity than your monthly blood good for you. It sounds like you're trying harder than a whore $20 short to buy her fix. Keep on writing like you do, please. We all appreciate it so much and view every single one of your posts as the highest forms of art. Seriously, get over yourself and stop conveying your wish that life were completely different for you through your shit-ridden "Victorian" scrabble.

sKratch
04-04-2005, 01:24 PM
Ampersand, ampersand, ampersand, bullshit, bullshit, ampersand, tis, ampersand, ampersand.

That's all I see.

Vera
04-04-2005, 01:38 PM
She probably has me ignored by now everyone just pretend I said something really witty, biting and insulting.

Replies like "Damn, you kick ass, Vera." or "BEST INSULT EVER!" are appreciated.

sKratch
04-04-2005, 01:40 PM
No. (owned)

Dusky - Just wait. Give me 15 minutes exactly from the time of this post and I will give you the best, wittiest, most hurtful insult you'll ever hear. Just wait, it'll be worth it. Fifteen minutes, I promise you.

(Thanks to HP for the tactic)

Vera
04-04-2005, 01:41 PM
Fuck you, faggot.

[/originality]

the_GoDdEsS
04-04-2005, 02:04 PM
"My Soul Is So Deepe, I write in the style of the past mystics, shadowed by my veil of beauty, my teeth gnashing against each other as I vanish, over and over again, my steps ever-silent, a vampiric spider, a dark man covered in pain, cobwebs, a sigh"-way of trying to be so unique.

Haha, that's gold. <3

Vlad, this was never a real cat fight as she's been running away from defending herself like a sane person would. I just made my point and waited and grinned at all her reactions. It's oh so cute.

Noodles is gay
04-04-2005, 02:10 PM
^ Hell yeah!

*still stamping foot while waiting for noods to quit courting*

Maria

sorry...i ran out of tea! :eek: so went for more and realized i hadn't eaten all day. :p

JohnnyNemesis
04-04-2005, 02:11 PM
Y'know, for someone who claimed not to care what anyone thinks of her on the very first page of the thread, you've done a helluva lot of replying and defending yourself. Not caring what anyone thinks would have made this defense unnecessary.

I'd suggest letting it go, but that's just me.

And yes, I'm well aware of the difference between defense and defence, everyone!

Noodles is gay
04-04-2005, 02:12 PM
And yes, I'm well aware of the difference between defense and defence, everyone!

shit! It's like you read my mind! :eek:

JohnnyNemesis
04-04-2005, 02:13 PM
Haha, I knew you'd notice! It's spelled differently here though, so please accept it!

the_GoDdEsS
04-04-2005, 02:19 PM
That quote by vera sucks, she's admitted as much herself, you're an ass-licker with peacocks brains, you've gone straight to the bin -viz, to my ignore-list.

Maria

I love licking Vera, she's sexy. =)

Oh my dear, the Ignore List. Oh my dear! You can't endure it any longer. Oh the pain! I'm so wretched! So are you saying you're hurt now and have to put me on your ignore list and give up? Only because I ripped on your writing style. Isn't that a little bit childish?

I'm starting to think all French people are emo. Someone save me.

Noodles is gay
04-04-2005, 02:28 PM
Heh – so long as I’ve got a cup of tea I’m happy (damn stereotypes). Oh I love veal – beaten only by duck with plum sauce or rabbit! My parents refuse to cook it though; no idea why, I think they just prefer ‘regular’ meat. :mad: I plan to buy myself a duck next Sunday though and let it cook slowly in tut oven all day – will be exquisite.

You play waltzes? On piano?

Oh…*mental torture* I would love to dance with Melvin but I think I’d make an absolute fool of myself. Hopefully exams will go ok (6 weeks!) I doubt he’ll melt though – mayhap say ‘well done’ though :(

HornyPope
04-04-2005, 02:28 PM
Sim, no excuses. Get naked and jump in the mud.

The 15' have elapsed & the best insult ever is: *silence, crushing silence*

You almost hit it gold, Skratchy. A better reply would have been "hhaha you loser oculdn't think of a good insult in those 15 minutes rofl!!!oneoneone" but eh we'll take this too.

live_fast_gurl
04-04-2005, 02:34 PM
I plan to buy myself a duck next Sunday .

why buy when you can steal , plan:

step 1 : go to the nearest river
step 2 : run back home and get bread
step 3: go to the nearest river
step 4 : gain the ducks trust
step 5 : ATTACK!!

the_GoDdEsS
04-04-2005, 02:35 PM

Pfft, I so would but not with her. Wouldn't be all that hot, the French are weaker than barbaric Slavs.

HornyPope
04-04-2005, 02:37 PM
Ugh. I guess i'll just have to get Izie involved too.

Noodles is gay
04-04-2005, 02:37 PM
Between 'well done' & melting there's a gap a bewitching Melvin will surely leap over dashingly!!!

Yep I've been playing the piano ever since I was 5 if you're into it I'll give you details no prob about that: my fave composers are Chopin, Beethoven, Mozart, Bach, Schubert, Schumann, ... Rachmananinov but he's sooooo hard to play...

I'm into waltzes at the moment (can give you the opus if you know of some by Chopin!)

Maria

*dreams of a mesmerized Melvin in his little red waistcoat* :D

Damn, you must be really good! I played the organ when i was 7/8 then quit because my parents were way too coercing, but I'm sort of picking it up again by myself this time. Maybe i'll be able to play them in a few years time :o

live_fast_gurl
04-04-2005, 02:38 PM
Don't still a duck, you sexist! Still a drake. *nose upturned*

Maria
im only helping nig along the way to stealing the type of bird that goes "quack" ( see , not a duck or a drake pah!)

RXP
04-04-2005, 02:41 PM
Can I cum on your face Maria?

Noodles is gay
04-04-2005, 02:41 PM
why buy when you can steal , plan:

step 1 : go to the nearest river
step 2 : run back home and get bread
step 3: go to the nearest river
step 4 : gain the ducks trust
step 5 : ATTACK!!

hummm...

*strokes chin in the way that people with goaties do*

sounds like a plan; but if i'm going to go to all that palaver I may as well just kill a swan! i've heard that they taste even nicer.

Noodles is gay
04-04-2005, 02:42 PM
I'm sure you will.

Say, the organ is hard & tedious to perform on. Too many levers makes me wanna break the whole kit!!!

Maria

yeah; damn pedals. Well it's a bit unusual though

live_fast_gurl
04-04-2005, 02:43 PM
hummm...

*strokes chin in the way that people with goaties do*

sounds like a plan; but if i'm going to go to all that palaver I may as well just kill a swan! i've heard that they taste even nicer.
palaver!!!!! noooooooooooo ok you could just cut my plan down , or seen as you ( i guess) are taking up piano , throw it in the river and hope for the best!then , when you open the lid of the piano.........TAAADAAAA 3 swans & 4 ducks

the_GoDdEsS
04-04-2005, 02:44 PM
Ugh. I guess i'll just have to get Izie involved too.

I'm in. Hot, barbaric action.

JohnnyNemesis
04-04-2005, 02:44 PM
Best. Idea. EVER.

Noodles is gay
04-04-2005, 02:47 PM
palaver!!!!! noooooooooooo ok you could just cut my plan down , or seen as you ( i guess) are taking up piano , throw it in the river and hope for the best!then , when you open the lid of the piano.........TAAADAAAA 3 swans & 4 ducks

lol, but organ - i play organ!

still that drake already, you goose???

the piano is fine by me. Stately, imposing, majestic, yet so delicate, so dainty... *jumps on Melvin's lap & tweaks his nose*

Maria

lol; crafty pun! :p

*mental torture (again)*

Melvin plays the piano too! :'(

Izie
04-04-2005, 02:48 PM
I'm in. Hot, barbaric action.

And nobody even asked me! Pffff!

JohnnyNemesis
04-04-2005, 02:49 PM
Aw, come on Izie! Can you do it for me? *looks up at you, pouty lips, batting eyelashes* Puh-leeeeease?

HornyPope
04-04-2005, 02:49 PM
I assumed you'd be automaticly in. Don't worry, girls, none shall know. This is between the four of us--you two, myself and my video camera.

HornyPope
04-04-2005, 02:50 PM
The new guy can watch too. Make it a christmas present.

JohnnyNemesis
04-04-2005, 02:50 PM
Let it be known immediately that my real name is "my video camera".

live_fast_gurl
04-04-2005, 02:52 PM
lol, but organ - i play organ!
'(
same bloody thing to me , lol

Izie
04-04-2005, 02:59 PM
I assumed you'd be automaticly in. Don't worry, girls, none shall know. This is between the four of us--you two, myself and my video camera.

Ha, you were wrong! I'm in if Ken gets invited ;)

Noodles is gay
04-04-2005, 03:00 PM
^^ not at all! :eek:

You're mentally tortured for I virtually jumped on his lap? You seriously need to believe in your charm!!! I say lure him, LURE him! A world of wonder is implied in those 4 letters...

Maria

P.s.: ups & offs to bed

I wish! I wish so much!

Later then! :)

HornyPope
04-04-2005, 03:00 PM
Ken? Why? This is a girl's party. Me, Johnny and the camera are just innocent by-standers.

Izie
04-04-2005, 03:02 PM
Ken? Why? This is a girl's party. Me, Johnny and the camera are just innocent by-standers.

I think he'd like to be a by-stander too :p

the_GoDdEsS
04-04-2005, 03:06 PM
Pfft, then I want my own audience too.

HornyPope
04-04-2005, 03:06 PM
Fine. Let's just air it on BBC!

the_GoDdEsS
04-04-2005, 03:20 PM
Why not the Discovery Channel too? It has a potential.

arak0r
04-04-2005, 03:29 PM
i believe its safe to say goddess and vera have thoroughly owned la grenouille folle

oh, and gypsy boy, you still dont understand the concept of trolling, do you?

JoY
04-04-2005, 03:32 PM
dude, this conversation is hilarious.

& Joey, please tell me that's not the way you spell 'thoroughly' (or whatever spelling *I* use for it), because.. it looks so complicated. =(
*scared*

HornyPope
04-04-2005, 03:34 PM
Why not the Discovery Channel too? It has a potential.

A "Find out what Eastern European girls do in their spare time" documentary?

arak0r
04-04-2005, 03:34 PM
dude, this conversation is hilarious.

& Joey, please tell me that's not the way you spell 'thoroughly' (or whatever spelling *I* use for it), because.. it looks so complicated. =(
*scared*

hahahahah! bish! you caught a mistake of mine :( hmph. yea i kinda went to type one word, backspaced halfway and continued typing out the rest of another, if you understand what i mean :p

arak0r
04-04-2005, 03:35 PM

if its anything like "Polacks Gone Wild Vol. 18" it should be good.

Jesus
04-04-2005, 03:35 PM

Rocco already did that a zillion of times.

HornyPope
04-04-2005, 03:36 PM
I've seen "Rocco in Montreal". With twins!

Izie
04-04-2005, 03:38 PM

I approve of this.

Jesus
04-04-2005, 03:40 PM
I've seen "Rocco in Montreal". With twins!

yups, the 2 blond ones!

JoY
04-04-2005, 03:40 PM
if its anything like "Polacks Gone Wild Vol. 18" it should be good.
*cracks up*

HornyPope
04-04-2005, 03:44 PM
Kenny, do you follow the adventures of Buttman? Ooooo and did you catch that girl, Pamela, in Montreal on streetblowjobs? Fucking awesome. I used to have nearly all episodes until my shitty external HD crashed. I'd recover the data but there is too much storage (200gig) for me to switch around on my main drives.

RXP
04-05-2005, 10:11 AM
Can I be your e buddy?

Serafin Negro
04-05-2005, 10:26 AM
Ouiiiiii? Si tu étais luiiiiiiiiiiiii qu'aurais-tu fait mon ange????????

Il adore picoler mais je sais pas si l'alcool il le tient si bien que ça il devient pas mal pervers après exact...
Merde c'ets pervers ou pervert qu'on écrit???? Voilà ce que c que de parler franglais!!!

Maria

Je disais qu'a sa place j'en aurait profité, j'me serait fait remercier en nature...j'dec, j'suis pas un salaud^^

Sinon je disais que moi je RESTAIS pervers apres etre bourré^^

the_GoDdEsS
04-05-2005, 11:36 AM
I approve of this.

I second this then.

Vera
04-05-2005, 01:57 PM
BBS orgies are SO 2004!

Jesus
04-05-2005, 02:07 PM
BBS orgies are SO 2004!

true, lets have some hot one on one sex Vera. And no no no no, no trading me for Iza

Vera
04-05-2005, 02:11 PM
But heterosex is so 2002. :[

Jesus
04-05-2005, 02:17 PM
But heterosex is so 2002. :[

Not if you dress up like Terry Schiavo and I as John Paul II

sKratch
04-05-2005, 02:24 PM

You almost hit it gold, Skratchy. A better reply would have been "hhaha you loser oculdn't think of a good insult in those 15 minutes rofl!!!oneoneone" but eh we'll take this too.
It indeed worked like a charm. I was very impressed and was going to gloat on AIM, but avast you were nowhere to be found :(

Vera
04-06-2005, 04:53 AM
Izie's perverted boyfriend is harrassing me. :[

Izie
04-07-2005, 03:14 AM
Izie's perverted boyfriend is harrassing me. :[

That's cos I wasn't around and he was frustrated ;)

Now he's gonna harrass me, no worries :)

RXP
04-07-2005, 03:33 AM
omg implied overshare.

Vera
04-07-2005, 03:33 AM
Phew. Such a weight off my shoulders.

the_GoDdEsS
04-07-2005, 11:32 AM
Hehehe, say hi to Kennies. I hope he comes on MSN more often. =)

Izie
04-07-2005, 03:30 PM
Sim: Maybe he does :p And when on earth did I say that? I'm evil.

Vera: Kiki says he still might not leave ya alone :o

RXP: just live with it :p

the_GoDdEsS
04-07-2005, 03:32 PM
On MSN when I raped people in the orgy. I threatened to quote you, like we all do these days =P.

Izie
04-07-2005, 03:40 PM
Oh well, I forget. I bet I had said worse things though :p

the_GoDdEsS
04-07-2005, 03:45 PM
Hahaha, certainly.