PDA

View Full Version : Only 3 years...seems like forever

ThrashedThrasher
04-04-2005, 08:46 PM
If you don't know what I am talking about then you deserve to be bashed upside the head with an axe.

Tomorrow (April 5th) is the 3 year anniversary of the God that is and was Layne Staley from Alice In Chains. This may not be a big deal to you, but I cried when it was found that he had died. I grew up listening to Alice (as well as Mad Season, Mudhoney, MotherLoveBone, etc. etc.) and I even now still look to Alice's songs for inspiration and strength.

By the way, yes, I know it shall also be Kurt Cobain's death anniv. but I don't like Kurt nor do I like Nirvana (yeah, born and raised in Seattle, lived part of my life in same hole in the wall he came from, yet I don't like Nirvana. They simply sucked.Plus, that's not what I was raised on.)

R.I.P. Layne

JohnnyNemesis
04-04-2005, 09:04 PM
If you don't know what I am talking about then you deserve to be bashed upside the head with an axe.
Not to be insensitive or anything, but what should those of us who know what you're talking about, but just don't care, be bashed with?

I hated AIC, but it is sad that Layne died. At least he made a huge impact on so many lives, which, whether he valued that or not, is a great accomplishment.

ThrashedThrasher
04-06-2005, 07:23 PM
Hmm...good question. A cookie! I'll crack your head open with a cookie! Yes...

Whether you liked AIC or not doesn't really matter, it's just that a lot of people don't know that he died on that day, because of the fucking Kurt Cobain shit. Who gives a fuck about Kurt meh...Walk around school with an Alice in Chains shirt or a Layne Staley tee, nobody knows who the hell you're talking about. If you walk around wearing Nirvana garb of course everyone knows who they were. It's just meh.

JohnnyNemesis
04-06-2005, 07:30 PM
I hear ya, and it is very meh indeed. I remember he died about 6 or 7 months after Aaliyah did, and the same people who made fun of Aaliyah's death expected me to be in tears over Layne Staley's death. Fuck that, death is NOT an issue of comparison, and if it is, I'll still show how the two are different and why I cared about one and not the other.

Anyway, that was way off topic, but I'm with you.

Jebus
04-06-2005, 07:49 PM
Alice In Chains? Buh?

ThrashedThrasher
04-06-2005, 07:56 PM
What.......?