PDA

View Full Version : Gone Away

AlphaDrake
04-05-2005, 10:54 AM
I know this has been somewhat of a touchy subject with Dexter but does anyone have FACTS about who it is/was for and about? Girlfriend? Wife? Daughter? Friend? Suicide?

Sander Holland
04-05-2005, 11:04 AM
From what I have heard, the song was about a former wife or girlfriend of Dexter. Their relationship was already over when she passed away. Don't know if it's true, but it's what I've heard over a couple of years.

crazy_offspring_gal
04-05-2005, 11:09 AM
dose he have a daughter then?

Tomo
04-05-2005, 11:10 AM
I don't know. The guy in "Disclaimer" says that album contains "real things which are commonly known as life". So it doesn't matter. It's about feeling that anyone had, feeling when you lost someone. I guess that's why he didn't mentioned any name. Becouse the song supposed to be for everyone who lost anyone.

Hypodermic_89
04-05-2005, 11:33 AM
dose he have a daughter then?

yup. Alexa. 16-17 years old

leo3375
04-05-2005, 02:25 PM
Again with this topic?

Okay, this is a chapter of Dexter's life that he doesn't want to talk about. So stop asking. Give the guy some respect and give the song your own meaning instead of asking what it's actually about.

Oh, and his daughter will be 18 very, very soon.

Skate Rat 19
04-05-2005, 03:40 PM
Hey all ahve like the same avatars yay!!!

But besides that I heard it was about his first wife who died in a car crash, not that the song was a bout the crash but it was about the sorrow.

Jack the Tripper
04-05-2005, 03:55 PM
No one knows for sure, but you can search for the answer. I'm not sure if you'll find it though.

dexterisMYman
04-07-2005, 02:39 PM
ok i made a thread and it eventually turned into this so i cant say that much but yeah give him some privacy. i mean if he wanted to talk about it he would. he avoids the topic all the time so obviously he doesnt wanna talk about it.

OffspringMan00
04-07-2005, 06:35 PM
gone away is an awesome song. a few years ago one of my best friends died in a car crash and it was hard for me to get thru it. a few months later i bought ixnay on the hombre and i heard this song it blew me away. i listened to the lyrics and it seemed tht i wrote the song. all the words in the song expressed how i felt.

Unnatural Disaster
04-07-2005, 06:42 PM
supposedly, it was written for his wife who had died in a car accident. I don't know how soon after the crash the song was written.

notoriousdoc
04-08-2005, 03:25 AM
gone away is an awesome song. a few years ago one of my best friends died in a car crash and it was hard for me to get thru it. a few months later i bought ixnay on the hombre and i heard this song it blew me away. i listened to the lyrics and it seemed tht i wrote the song. all the words in the song expressed how i felt.

thats deep man. it must have been hard.maybe dexter just doesn't want to talk about it i dont think i would

GoDD
04-08-2005, 04:28 AM
I love this Song so fuckin much , its awesome , so touching! , so real!

Thats one of their best Songs , together with "End of the Line" and "Denial , Revisited".

But well , i have too much Fav.Songs of them :)

Hyper nova
04-08-2005, 05:36 AM
This is why i voted for it on the poll for the next "Dexter On Song".It such a moving and awsome song that has so much to be explained.

But has any one thought that it probally isnt his wife because she is thanked in the Credits for "Ixnay on the hombre"

Quote "Thanks:.......Kristine Holland......." Plus if she is in there then surely the credits would say somthing more if she had died. Plus most bands make an album in memory of.. if there is a major tragedy during the making.

OK im asuming Kristine is his wife. Could be his sister

Im pretty sure the Girlfriend/wife think is just a big romour that once out you can never put back. And If it is about someone close to Dexter then prehaps he doent want people to know who it is and would allow the romour to persist as it take atention away from the real thing.

dexterisMYman
04-08-2005, 06:20 AM
dude yes Kristine is his wife! my god u said she could be his sister they FUCK EACH OTHER MAN!! and u no ppl can have more then one wife in their lifetime but it was dexter's gf alexas mom who died shit i should really leave this topic alone!!

Hyper nova
04-08-2005, 06:25 AM
Couple of points

1. I Never said that Kristine was both is sister and his wife. I said i was assuming it was his wife and not his sister
2. If it is his wife then he remarried very fast after. I no you can have 2 or more wifes in on life and it can happen so fast after but no that likely.
3. Where did yuo find the infomation out about his past relationships.

Noodles is gay
04-08-2005, 07:14 AM
look, i don't think it matters what the song's about - if he doesn't wanna say then we should just leave it. Respect the man's privacy people! :mad:

Hyper nova
04-08-2005, 08:33 AM
i understand the privacy thing all im saying is why do people assume it was his wife/Girlfriend that died when he has never given a statement Esspecially when he mentions Kristine on th Thanks for Ixnay. For me things dont add up to a dead wife/girlfriend. For all we know it could have been the family cat or dog. And maybe he is to embarised that hewrote a song about a dead dog. although i doubt it. Ofcouse if i was Proven and i mean proven wrong i would accept my mistake but unless a statement was given or he wrote about it in the Deter On Song well never know.