PDA

View Full Version : Bands Don't REALLY Suck....

Gordie
04-05-2005, 09:44 PM
i dont want this to be taken as bashing against other people because of their taste in music, but it bothers me, when i see little noobs or kids saying "OMGF I HATE "insert random band name here" THEY SUCK WTF ARE THEY DOING PLAYING MUSIC"..

first of all.. im pretty sure that they DONT suck.. lets use greenday for an example shall we?

alot of people on the boards seem to like greenday, and alot, do not.. today i was in my hallway at school.. and some little gr. 9 kid said pretty much the same thing i said above, and it made me want to smack the kid, because think about it.. if greenday DID suck, then why do they have a record, why are they rich, why do they sell out shows.. why are they talented? obviously they DONT suck...

now from a musicans prespective, i play music, i have a band, ill admit we arent all that bad, but we're nothing to write home to mom about, now sure, alot of people out there play music too.. and they say "omg, greenday sucks, i could play their music easy! i could be billy joe if i wanted to be".. well.. how come your band doesnt have a record? how come your not on tour? how come you ARENT billy joe.. obviously greenday doesnt suck..

i know this is just ones opinion, and no more than that, but i just wonder if other people out there agree with me, and are just fed up with people bashing other bands, well.. i mean i shouldnt be such a hypocrite, there are bands that i dislike, but i mean, i cant say that they suck, because obviously they dont, or if they did, i would have a record deal, and they wouldnt, but thats not the case now is it..so thanks to all of you that are mature enough to not be all like "OMG THIS BAND SUCKS!!"

-Luke

turb0negr0
04-05-2005, 09:51 PM
http://www.undercover.com.au/pics/cdwilliamhunginspiration.jpg

I win!

JohnnyNemesis
04-05-2005, 09:52 PM
how come your band doesnt have a record? how come your not on tour?

No offense, but if you spent more time thinking about these questions then asking them, you'd have the answer already. It's not as simple as "being good" and getting a CD out. There are millions of factors that can sway destiny one way or the other, know what I mean?

It seems that the problem is that you're assuming when someone says a band "sucks", that they're stating it as fact, when they're not. When they say it, it's obviously an opinion, so you should stop responding to it as if it is a fact, which is what you did there.

Endymion
04-05-2005, 09:58 PM
since when are popularity and quality related?

JohnnyNemesis
04-05-2005, 09:59 PM
^Word up.^

sKratch
04-05-2005, 10:36 PM
since when are popularity and quality related?
Since the Internet.

SkunkIt
04-05-2005, 10:47 PM
http://www.undercover.com.au/pics/cdwilliamhunginspiration.jpg

I win!

Exactly what I was thinking. Also, here's a list of some bands/singers who suck:

Busted
Ashlee Simpson
U2
Creed

JohnnyNemesis
04-06-2005, 08:57 AM
Who or what the hell is Busted?

Tallica
04-06-2005, 12:27 PM
I AGREE GORDIE!!! I just wrote the same thing a while ago on some thread. I mean it's just so sad to see. These kids obviosely have such a narrow outlook. They really don't get it yet. Yes JohnnyNemesis I fully believe that this is just persons opinions about some bands but for christ sake don't say it out loud cause it just buggs and disturbe the people who do like the bands. If you don't like the band then don't discuss it with the bands fans cause obviosly you haven't got that incommon. It's like those people just wanna pick a fight or something :confused: . I really can't see were their going with it. Do they think that they can prove that they know more about music then everybody else? And that everybody who doesn't agree with them are dumb? I don't know and I don't care what other people say. I know my music taste and I intend to keep it.

This forum is full of great and funny people that I enjoy, but still, if I compare to other forums I have never seen a forum as full of mean people that are bulling others like this one. I don't think The Offsprings would enjoy some of the statement that exist on this board. Sorry have I lot to get off my chest right now :o

PS: No fence Johnny. I think you're a cool person. I just wanna show you my perspective of the whole thing.

SkunkIt
04-06-2005, 09:49 PM
Who or what the hell is Busted? A Brtish Pop band who tries to be a Punk band, but they suck. Luckily, they split up. (I think about a year ago).