PDA

View Full Version : I have eBay addiction (and homecinema)

RXP
04-06-2005, 03:15 AM
Fuck. I browsed ebay for about 2 hours last night. I coudln't sleep cause I was thinking about what speakers to get as my rears. THEN I dreamt about it. Then I realised I fucking bid on some piece of shit that I will waste yet more money on.

I've brought so many useless things off ebay.

And omg my home cinema setup is gonna rock soon. Dual subs and B&O fronts. Pretty good for a poor student. Only weak thing is the 21" TV. In the summer I'll get myself a decent 28" Widescreen. But really I know it's a waste of money, but what's money there for?

dirtybird
04-06-2005, 03:16 AM
Fuck. I browsed ebay for about 2 hours last night. I coudln't sleep cause I was thinking about what speakers to get as my rears. THEN I dreamt about it. Then I realised I fucking bid on some piece of shit that I will waste yet more money on.

I've brought so many useless things off ebay.

And omg my home cinema setup is gonna rock soon. Dual subs and B&O fronts. Pretty good for a poor student. Only weak thing is the 21" TV. In the summer I'll get myself a decent 28" Widescreen. But really I know it's a waste of money, but what's money there for?

You can cancel the orders... they send you a confirmation email and if you screw that up you can contact the senders.

RXP
04-06-2005, 03:23 AM
But I''m a firm believer in santity of contract. i knew what I was doing, i should follow thru with it.

Hysteria
04-06-2005, 03:25 AM
Follow through with it bitch, make yourself suffer for being an idiot.

dirtybird
04-06-2005, 03:27 AM
If you had agreed with yourself to committ suicide, then realized the reason was faulty or something, would you still do it?

Hysteria
04-06-2005, 03:33 AM
A faulty reason for suicide?

dirtybird
04-06-2005, 03:34 AM
Like if you thought your wife was cheating on you and then you found out she wasn't right when you were ready.

Hysteria
04-06-2005, 03:37 AM
That would be annoying, just after you'd geared yourself for death, and then suddenly not going through with it. :D

RXP
04-06-2005, 03:39 AM
Commiting suicide is not a legally binding contract, fool.

There is no offer, acceptance and intent to be legally bound.

Even if there was it would be an implied term in the contract that if hte reason for you killing yourself had changed or dissapeared, the contract would be void. There would obviously be an exclusion clause.

dirtybird
04-06-2005, 03:41 AM
Even if there was it would be an implied term in the contract that if hte reason for you killing yourself had changed or dissapeared, the contract would be void. There would obviously be an exclusion clause.

Which there is in another way in your case. Do you have a masochist streak in you somewhere? You said that you had done it before, so going through with it obviously doesn't help you any.

Jesus
04-06-2005, 03:45 AM
But I''m a firm believer in santity of contract. i knew what I was doing, i should follow thru with it.

Law boy, I got a question for you: I always wondered, can siamese twins enter into a contract without mutual agreement on their behalf?

Hysteria
04-06-2005, 03:45 AM
Good question.

dirtybird
04-06-2005, 03:49 AM
I've wondered that, too. What if one wants to give blood, but the other has a phobia of needles?

Hysteria
04-06-2005, 03:53 AM
Then they're fucked.

dirtybird
04-06-2005, 03:55 AM
Or what if one has an allergy to a medicine the other is forced to take?

RXP
04-06-2005, 03:58 AM
Law boy, I got a question for you: I always wondered, can siamese twins enter into a contract without mutual agreement on their behalf?

I have no idea. I did contract law last year. And we don't dicuss strange cases.

It would involve seeking into the case law. If there is no case law on the matter you'd have to draw your own principles from the rest of contract law.

This is an example of a hard case. Where the judge would have to legislate before the litigants before him. In my view if they shared a brain they would be one person in law. If they two seperate brains they would be seperate legal persons.

But I highly doubt there is precedent anyhwere to answer your question. It's a good example of judges legislating.

I can't believe you (being an audio geek) asked about law rather than my speaker setup.

Inshane
04-06-2005, 04:43 AM
make sure you dont become this fat guy that buys every useless thing from telivision. all the hot new stuff: pretty green eggs for decorating your house; the newest mix-your-fruit-machine; green tea masks for your toes etcetc oh, not to forget the sauna-belt (does anyone ever saw somebody put a belt around his ass?). is there a name for people who are addicted to buying stuff from tv?

Hysteria
04-06-2005, 05:01 AM
As-On-TV-Products-Purchaser Addict.