PDA

View Full Version : Denying the past ?

FuckingHardcoreBitch
04-06-2005, 04:53 AM
Hi there !!!
I'm not here to start a pointless agrument or whatever. I would like to have your thoughts about it that's all.
As we all can see, the offspring have two sides, the "underground" side (pre-ixnay) and the "mainstream" side. Some prefer one or ther other, but i'm not here to discuss the offspring musical…mmm…orientation.

Ok, that's for sure, but I've kept browsing offspring.com and noticed most of the stuff before ixnay were wiped out. Where are the gotta get away, self esteem, come out and play videos ? they were here years ago…
Also some of you must have noticed the s/t is being (auto)censored (?!) as the track kill the president got cut off. In a more general way there is almost no sign of a pre-sony music existence of the band. Okay i'm dramatizing, but really…it's like sony music forces them:
"you're a sony artist, reject the epitaph years"… ho really i'm starting to talk shit again…

bye…

dirtybird
04-06-2005, 04:54 AM
How is Smash underground? It sold 14 million!

Dexter_italy
04-06-2005, 05:19 AM
well I think they're not denyng anithyn, only smash and pre\stuff came out on epitaph and now they're on columbia\sony, that's all, they took off kill the president because sony can't have a so explicit song in here. Or worse, it's epitaph that has the copyright of the presmash era's stuff and don't give a licence.....it's possible. that's my opinion.....
________
How to make a soldering iron vaporizer (http://vaporizer.org)

notoriousdoc
04-06-2005, 08:31 AM

exactly its got the world record for best selling album on an indie label :o

JohnnyNemesis
04-06-2005, 09:00 AM

Not underground, but it was on an indie label