PDA

View Full Version : I hate music!

Mannen som blev en gris
04-06-2005, 08:05 AM
Grrr! I am so mad right now! Three weeks ago, our music teacher said she would go somewhere, so we wouldn't have any music that week. Of course, we all became extremely happy, because no one in my class likes music. She said that we would get a homework insted, and I thought it wouldn't be any hard. Until I read what we were going to do. We were supposed to enter the school website, and listen to "classic music samples". But then I figured it was probably like 1 min samples, so I didn't think more of that. Until now. The homework is to tomorrow, so I have to do it now (eventhough the time here is 16:38). I entered the website some minutes ago and listned to the first track, it was a whole track. Now I'm at the fourth song (Bach - air(head :p) and it's like five minutes or something! I don't even know if she's going to give us a test on this or anything. Probably it's just gonna be a big waste of time. I was a little happier when I saw that you should skip track 7, 28, 32 and 33. But still, if every song is five minutes, and I'm supposed to listen to 29 tracks, it's.....145 minutes!!! *boiling with anger* I will really waste my afternoon doing this.
Music could be a fun subject, if you had a fun teacher. Our sucks ass. I hate her! I feel like killing now. No, not killing, just burning their server! And all classical instruments while I still have a flamethrower. I wish I still had Postal 2 installed, then I could listen to the music and burn stuff.

Can someone entertain me for some hour/-s?

Just 20 tracks left now.... :mad:

Noodles is gay
04-06-2005, 08:09 AM
there's nothing wrong with classical music!

I'm listening to Beethoven's 5th Symphony 1st Movement right now :cool:

Mannen som blev en gris
04-06-2005, 08:19 AM
Could you do my homework? I'll give you the password. Or...not.

Hysteria
04-06-2005, 08:20 AM
there's nothing wrong with classical music!

I agree, some classical music is absolutely fantastic, I don't really listen to it, but some of it is amazing.

Noodles is gay
04-06-2005, 08:30 AM
Could you do my homework? I'll give you the password. Or...not.

probably not - what do you have to do?

Mannen som blev en gris
04-06-2005, 08:38 AM
Just listen. That's what's so weird.

Noodles is gay
04-06-2005, 08:40 AM
Well just listen to them whilst you're doing something else too, that's damn easy homework!

Mannen som blev en gris
04-06-2005, 09:02 AM
Yeah, but maybe she'll give us a test on it...I've also got to write a bookreview to my english teacher. That doesn't seems so hard though.

(12 songs left!)

Aimeht
04-06-2005, 09:19 AM
Feel good not going to school anymore.
In my opinion, it's just waste of time.

Mannen som blev en gris
04-06-2005, 09:38 AM
Really? I mean, I don't think it's fun, but everything isn't useless. I hope...

Aimeht
04-06-2005, 09:58 AM
No, but listen to classic music is useless. I wouldn't do it. When I was in school and out musicteacher wanted us all to write our own song+music and perform it I refused. I didn't even go to the lessons anymore.

Mannen som blev en gris
04-06-2005, 10:00 AM
Music is a pretty useless subject. And art.

Mannen som blev en gris
04-06-2005, 10:18 AM
Woho! The last track just finished! Now I just got that book review left :(

Jhonny
04-06-2005, 12:44 PM
Music is someth

Tired_Of_You
04-06-2005, 12:54 PM
What!? I'd prefer to listen to classic music during 2 hours than doing any other homeworks! Even if you don't like that, you can still do something else while you listen to the music, it's not so hard.

Amanda
04-06-2005, 01:00 PM
Man ur post was sooooo fucking long, i think i read like the 1st 2 lines... its summit to do with classical music right (got that from some1 else's post)? Ah classical music is lame...and school is actually useless...

Tired_Of_You
04-06-2005, 01:03 PM
OMG his post was so long!!! -_- What do you do at school when you have to read stuff or when you have to write 500 words? School isn't really useless (it depends, it is not always a waste of time). Anyway, my opinion.

Amanda
04-06-2005, 01:07 PM
Its friggin society's fault! They do everything in their power to make sure we HAVE to use the things we learn in school. Life wud be so much easier if we didnt have to learn all that crap...Rebel against ths system!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eccentric Sara
04-06-2005, 01:51 PM
The thing that pisses me off is the fact that I was really quite naive at school ,and thought school work was much more important than it actually was. Don't get me wrong,if you need to get certain grades to get into uni,and need a degree to enter a particular career OR if you need particular qualifications that you can get at school to do a certain job,then,yes,school work IS important. (Well,the subjects that are relevant to you,at least.) However,I just cared too much at school. I aced most of my G.C.S.E.s and "A" Levels and got into uni on a scholarship. I am proud of my grades,but it isn't like I'm going to use most of what I've learnt. Most of what we do at school is education for education's sake;all bollocks so schools can brag about how high up they are in the fucking league tables. :mad: I have G.C.S.E.s,"A" Levels and a degree,and what would I be happy doing as job? Working in a shop or singing in a band. Neither of these jobs require any qualifications. For the most part,I think school is a waste of time. I feel like I've wasted most of my life...:(

Isolated Fury
04-06-2005, 02:09 PM
Yeah, man! School sucks! Music is pointless! I hate society!

Seriously, I'd like to see all of you without education. Though it isn't one of our vital needs for survival, we need to be educated, whether you like it or not. Are you just planning to leech off of the world forever? Someday, you'll have to make decisions for yourself. Music is actually very important in people's lives. Think about any major choice you've had to make. That music you were listening to influenced your thoughts even though you didn't realize it. Music saves people's lives. If someone is upset enough to consider suicide, he may just hole himself up in his room listening to music. That music can help him think through his decision and work things out.

Those of you who think that education, music, and art is unimportant are barbaric savages...

Mannen som blev en gris
04-07-2005, 07:11 AM
What do you do at school when you have to read stuff or when you have to write 500 words?
It's not the same thing. Music is something you listen to because you like it, but when you read (actually depends on what you're reading) you learn stuff. I don't like to write novels, but you become better at it the more you do it, so you learn things of it. But when you're just listening to 200 year old music, you don't learn a thing! Sure, it wasn't a hard homework, but it was so meaningless. When I'm having english, math or something like that, I understand the purpose. But when I listen to old music or drawing a picture of an apple, I really can't find a purpose. It's like they're just making things up to do something with the time.

Isolated Fury
04-07-2005, 07:16 AM
When I'm having english, math or something like that, I understand the purpose. But when I listen to old music or drawing a picture of an apple, I really can't find a purpose. It's like they're just making things up to do something with the time.

They don't always assign homework to make you smarter. Some teachers actually want to see their students excel in life. They want you to be a good person.

arak0r
04-07-2005, 08:30 PM
if you dont like music, what the fuck are you doing on a music board (even if it is a crappy band)

Homer
04-07-2005, 08:42 PM
if you dont like music, what the fuck are you doing on a music board (even if it is a crappy band)

he's not talking about music in general dumbass. he's talking about classical music and music class. Read before you respond.

arak0r
04-07-2005, 08:55 PM
he's not talking about music in general dumbass. he's talking about classical music and music class. Read before you respond.

Of course, we all became extremely happy, because no one in my class likes music.

topic: i hate music. not classical music ONLY. the only bit he does say about classical music is the current assignment he has. YOU need to learn how to comprehend what he is saying. do you understand that they all hate the class/music. they thought they were getting some time without her, thus they were happy. then they find out she was going to make them listen to classical music. note that they disliked the class/music BEFORE they knew they were going to have to listen to classical music, thus implying their dislike of the class, or music, had little to do with just classical music.

Homer
04-07-2005, 08:59 PM
topic: i hate music. not classical music ONLY. the only bit he does say about classical music is the current assignment he has. YOU need to learn how to comprehend what he is saying. do you understand that they all hate the class/music. they thought they were getting some time without her, thus they were happy. then they find out she was going to make them listen to classical music. note that they disliked the class/music BEFORE they knew they were going to have to listen to classical music, thus implying their dislike of the class, or music, had little to do with just classical music.

that still proves my point. It doesn't mean he hates ALL music.

arak0r
04-07-2005, 09:02 PM
that still proves my point. It doesn't mean he hates ALL music.
your point is that he doesnt hate music in general, just classical, which is NOT correct.

Homer
04-07-2005, 09:05 PM
your point is that he doesnt hate music in general, just classical, which is NOT correct.

yeah, but I also said that he ALSO hates the music CLASS. which is correct

Jebus
04-07-2005, 09:26 PM
Give me the link to that school website and the password (if needed).

arak0r
04-07-2005, 10:22 PM
yeah, but I also said that he ALSO hates the music CLASS. which is correct

only partially, as the only classical music reference isnt correct. as it is, classical music >>>>>>>>>>>> him. so not only is he a fucking idiot, he has horrible taste.

dirtybird
04-07-2005, 10:29 PM
Wow you guys are stubborn.

Mannen som blev en gris
04-08-2005, 01:42 PM
I'll make it clear for you arak0r: I don't hate all music. I chose that name for this thread because I doubted anyone would care about a thread called "I hate classical music". Homer got me right. I hate music -the subject- in school. And so does everyone in my class. They all hate music class. But I also hate classical music. Get it?

Tired_Of_You
04-08-2005, 01:46 PM
It's not the same thing. Music is something you listen to because you like it, but when you read (actually depends on what you're reading) you learn stuff. I don't like to write novels, but you become better at it the more you do it, so you learn things of it. But when you're just listening to 200 year old music, you don't learn a thing! Sure, it wasn't a hard homework, but it was so meaningless. When I'm having english, math or something like that, I understand the purpose. But when I listen to old music or drawing a picture of an apple, I really can't find a purpose. It's like they're just making things up to do something with the time.

I wasn't even talking to you. I was talking to that punk, Amanda.

Mannen som blev en gris
04-08-2005, 01:48 PM
Oh.... :o

Tired_Of_You
04-08-2005, 01:52 PM
I'd still prefer to listen to classical music during 2 hours than reading that long text for my French class. I wish I could do your homework instead.

Renegade6
04-08-2005, 01:55 PM
Classical music is the shit!

Mannen som blev en gris
04-08-2005, 01:56 PM
You know, when our teacher asked who had done the homework, there were like four people raising their hands. :) However, I like it more now than I used to. It's not that bad, after all, there is a reason why 300 year old songs are still playing.