PDA

View Full Version : songs that sound alike

lint
04-06-2005, 01:16 PM
for all the bassists out there, dont you think the bassline break in "Something to Believe In" sounds like the bassline in "Gone Away"? i just figured that out a few minutes ago. its at a different rhythm and time, but i think its the same notes...what do you think?

notoriousdoc
04-06-2005, 01:18 PM
gone away sounds similer to have you ever :o

lint
04-06-2005, 01:20 PM
yeah it kinda does...now that you mention it...i didnt notice that one either. cool.

notoriousdoc
04-06-2005, 01:24 PM

OffspringMan00
04-06-2005, 01:47 PM
the chorus in living in choas and have u ever

Jackish
04-06-2005, 02:16 PM
Well theres a few aren't there, ummm... Off the top of my head has anyone noticed the little outro on smash is probably what they made "change the world off", same goes for "pay the man" and the extra track right at the end, it uses the little eastern style riff that "come out and play has", ya see.

Also, the riff on "genocide", the solo type thing (dananaduhduhdadadadaduhduhdah!) etc.. Is the same as in change the world, basically. Interesting stuff, yep! Theres loads more but off the top of my head thats it.. Oh wait, LAPD and "no hero" use some similar type of patterns. Thats really it though, for now!

nameless
04-06-2005, 02:35 PM
a lot of songs seem similar to me, be it riffs or the structure, the kids arent alright and million miles away have a similar structure in my opinion! i guess after so many years its hard to keep thing 100% original!

Skate Rat 19
04-06-2005, 03:57 PM
Well the Offspring don't really put out brand new stuff, its all the same, but whats wrong with sounding the same if you get better at it with every album!

scotishabbit
04-06-2005, 03:58 PM
thas true!!!!!!!!

scotishabbit
04-06-2005, 03:59 PM
all of who are in this thread are bassists?i am too:D

Noodles is gay
04-06-2005, 04:00 PM
^ probably

for all the bassists out there, dont you think the bassline break in "Something to Believe In" sounds like the bassline in "Gone Away"? i just figured that out a few minutes ago. its at a different rhythm and time, but i think its the same notes...what do you think?

nah; i can play them both - tis not the same notes even, plus Something to belive in has some little variatopn bits in but gone away only has like 2 riffs (from memory)

not at all.

Sinister
04-06-2005, 04:09 PM
who cares if the songs sound the same, considering they all sound great ?

oops sorry, I meant "frickin awesome" !

lint
04-06-2005, 05:34 PM
i was not saying that they sound the same in a bad way, i just was curious if anyone else thought they sounded the same too. they still are awesome, of course.

Telekinesis
04-06-2005, 07:21 PM
I reckon that the beginning of Self Esteem sounds like the riff in Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana and the riff of Gone Away sounds a bit like Mad World by Gary Jules.

notoriousdoc
04-07-2005, 03:53 AM
Well theres a few aren't there, ummm... Off the top of my head has anyone noticed the little outro on smash is probably what they made "change the world off", same goes for "pay the man" and the extra track right at the end, it uses the little eastern style riff that "come out and play has", ya see.

Also, the riff on "genocide", the solo type thing (dananaduhduhdadadadaduhduhdah!) etc.. Is the same as in change the world, basically. Interesting stuff, yep! Theres loads more but off the top of my head thats it.. Oh wait, LAPD and "no hero" use some similar type of patterns. Thats really it though, for now!

god that's that thread rounded up :rolleyes:

notoriousdoc
04-07-2005, 03:54 AM
I reckon that the beginning of Self Esteem sounds like the riff in Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana and the riff of Gone Away sounds a bit like Mad World by Gary Jules.

but which one was first?
:o

Dexter_italy
04-07-2005, 04:06 AM
well, have you ever has a part of the same vocals in dirty magin

Somedays my darkest friend it's me again have you ever

Pull the shades razor blades you're so tragic

sounds pretty the same way :)
________
Mflb (http://mflbvaporizer.com)

notoriousdoc
04-07-2005, 04:12 AM
^ probably

nah; i can play them both - tis not the same notes even, plus Something to belive in has some little variatopn bits in but gone away only has like 2 riffs (from memory)

not at all.

oh shit i meant have you ever and dirty magic :rolleyes:

dirtybird
04-07-2005, 12:32 PM
"Dirty Magic" and "Have You Ever" choruses. I made a thread about that a loOong time ago.

Unnatural Disaster
04-07-2005, 12:36 PM
The guitar riff in All I Want's chrous and Dammit I Changed Again's chorus...

dirtybird
04-07-2005, 12:41 PM
The guitar riff in All I Want's chrous and Dammit I Changed Again's chorus...

I saw one of your things on amazon... no one found you helpful. How sad.

Telekinesis
04-10-2005, 02:40 AM
Also who else thinks that the beginning of A Thousand Days sounds like NOFX's Seperation of Church and Skate? also someone asked me which came first in something, I don't know (they'll know what I mean)

Jimbob2005
04-10-2005, 02:49 AM
CGMHAY sounds almost like staring at the sun

Jack the Tripper
04-10-2005, 11:41 AM
Have you ever sounds kinda like the chorus in Dirt Magic

Unnatural Disaster
04-10-2005, 12:51 PM
I saw one of your things on amazon... no one found you helpful. How sad.

I've gotten more helpful votes on my videogame reviews than on my album reviews