PDA

View Full Version : whats the most skaish song?

OffspringMan00
04-06-2005, 08:25 PM
dont pick it up

JohnnyNemesis
04-06-2005, 08:33 PM
They only have three ska-ish songs: Don't Pick It Up, Worst Hangover Ever, and What Happened To You.

I say What Happened To You is most ska-ish.

Revolver-2005?
04-07-2005, 04:27 AM
Worst Hangover Ever is also ska-ish and I think Spare Me the Details could be considered ska-ish

Hyper nova
04-07-2005, 06:39 AM
Some would consider "Why dont you get a job?" ska-ish.

I think that "Worst Hangover ever" is the most Ska like but the best has to be "Why Dont you get a job" or "spare me the details"

Jojan
04-07-2005, 08:24 AM
Don't Pick It Up

burning-the-high-life
04-07-2005, 08:27 AM
i like "why don't you get a job"

JohnnyNemesis
04-07-2005, 08:38 AM
Some would consider "Why dont you get a job?" ska-ish.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.

But Spare Me The Details? What the heck are you guys talking about? That's about as ska as 50 Cent.

Dr.Faustus
04-07-2005, 09:54 AM
I'd say Don't Pick It Up.

Jimbob2005
04-07-2005, 11:28 AM
Spare me the details is a bit of a ska song

Their most ska-ish is probably Worst Hangover Ever

HitoftheMillenium
04-07-2005, 11:34 AM
Would someone mind defining "ska-ish"?

I've never heard the term...

Jimbob2005
04-07-2005, 11:43 AM
Would someone mind defining "ska-ish"?

I've never heard the term...
like ska :p

HitoftheMillenium
04-07-2005, 11:47 AM
And what does "ska" mean? :o

Jimbob2005
04-07-2005, 11:51 AM
And what does "ska" mean? :o
sorry mate but it is hard to describe - it is like acustic guitars and probably/occasionally with a bit of reggae style sounds in them e.g. in WDYGAJ and Worst Hangover Ever

smash94
04-07-2005, 09:30 PM
id have to say worst hangover ever

Awesomo
04-08-2005, 01:43 AM
sorry mate but it is hard to describe - it is like acustic guitars and probably/occasionally with a bit of reggae style sounds in them e.g. in WDYGAJ and Worst Hangover Ever

Ska isn't the easiest of genres to explain but heres the basics of it. More than likely an electric guitar is played using a clean sound (not distorted), and is usually played on the offbeat. Horns are oftenly used, which is one of the best parts of ska. Ska songs are mostly upbeat and have a happy feel. I wouldn't say Spare Me The Details is ska, its an acoustic song with a distorted bridge. But the MOST ska song IMO is Worst Hang Over Ever, its got the horns and all. But my favorite would probably have to be either Don't Pick It Up or What Happened To You? both great, can't decide! :cool:

If you want to hear some good ska bands, you should check out Reel Big Fish, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Catch 22, Less Than Jake, and Bruce Lee Band just to name a few.

notoriousdoc
04-08-2005, 02:51 AM
Ska isn't the easiest of genres to explain but heres the basics of it. More than likely an electric guitar is played using a clean sound (not distorted), and is usually played on the offbeat. Horns are oftenly used, which is one of the best parts of ska. Ska songs are mostly upbeat and have a happy feel. I wouldn't say Spare Me The Details is ska, its an acoustic song with a distorted bridge. But the MOST ska song IMO is Worst Hang Over Ever, its got the horns and all. But my favorite would probably have to be either Don't Pick It Up or What Happened To You? both great, can't decide! :cool:

If you want to hear some good ska bands, you should check out Reel Big Fish, Mighty Mighty Bosstones, Catch 22, Less Than Jake, and Bruce Lee Band just to name a few.

and Madness if you're in the uk

Hyper nova
04-08-2005, 06:45 AM
And some earlier "Goldfinger" stuff like "Hang-ups"

ixnayyourface
04-08-2005, 08:27 AM
Ska is like, pop punk made good. like, take some suck band like...simple plan, kill pierre, add a vocalist who can sing, cleaner guitar played slightly off beat, better lyrics (lyrics usually about their own problems as opposed to those with the rest of the world) throw in a horn and cool drum riffs, and youve got yourself a ska band./ they have a slightly popier sound than most punk, but they are not pop punk. its like, happy sounding punk with horns. wow, that WAS hard to explain. nvr doing that again.