PDA

View Full Version : Title for Greatest hits?

Hyper nova
04-07-2005, 05:35 AM
Will or should the greatest hit have a title. I will it be just "The Offspring: Greatest Hits"

I personally think that it would be too boring just to have the "Greatest Hits" as a title.

HeadAroundU
04-07-2005, 05:39 AM
I personally think that it would be too boring just to have the "Greatest Hits" as a title.
I don't think!
I wanna as a title Greatist hits!!

Hyper nova
04-07-2005, 05:43 AM
I don't think!
I wanna as a title Greatist hits!!

Err english please. No offence but what the hell do you mean. you do or dont want a title? and if you do do u want it to be "I don't think"? sorry just confused :confused: ??

original_psycho
04-07-2005, 05:55 AM
I don't think!
Of course you don't.

Anyway, I agree. They should come up with a name for it. Greatest Hits would be too common and too dull.
But I don't have anything in mind, sorry.

StayInTheHouseCarl
04-07-2005, 06:38 AM
how bout "20 years, a million beers"

dexterisMYman
04-07-2005, 06:44 AM
he eh that rymes!! and it would be 21 yrs...hey the abnd is legal to drink now cuz its 21 yrs old. as u can c im very stupid

Hyper nova
04-07-2005, 06:48 AM
funkmonkey
how bout "20 years, a million beers"

Yer good but its not quite been 20 years yet. Has it? i guess it all depends on when they formed and whether you consider the time before the firts album was released part of thta 20 year. i recon the clock should start when they released I'll BE waiting /Blackball EP that was 1986 wasnt it?

WhenPigsFly
04-07-2005, 06:53 AM
Yer good but its not quite been 20 years yet. Has it? i guess it all depends on when they formed and whether you consider the time before the firts album was released part of thta 20 year. i recon the clock should start when they released I'll BE waiting /Blackball EP that was 1986 wasnt it?
tht will b 20 next year so it should b called 19 years and 100 beers

Tomo
04-07-2005, 07:34 AM
How 'bout "Offspringated"?
*Finds shelter under the bed.*

Hyper nova
04-07-2005, 07:36 AM
mmm interesting

Dr.Faustus
04-07-2005, 08:54 AM
I think it'll be just something boring like "The Offspring - Best Of".

Tomo
04-07-2005, 10:18 AM
"The Offspring - Best of... of spring"
*LOL*

offspring kid
04-07-2005, 10:29 AM
how about (greatest hits killed the president)

AlphaDrake
04-07-2005, 10:33 AM
i love the offspring but how about

The Offspring - Our last attempt at money grabbing because nobody knows about us and were getting too old - greatest hits

offspring kid
04-07-2005, 10:47 AM
i love the offspring but how about

The Offspring - Our last attempt at money grabbing because nobody knows about us and were getting too old - greatest hits

dude then how the hell their 7 albums sold millions of copies ! THEY ARE PRETTY FAMOUS AND WELL KNOWNED !

Awesomo
04-08-2005, 01:01 AM
This is an original one "From Smash To Splinter - Best of Offspring"..... wait... dang it. Haha or how about "We are well KNOWNED Enough To Get You To Buy This"

notoriousdoc
04-08-2005, 01:42 AM
dude then how the hell their 7 albums sold millions of copies ! THEY ARE PRETTY FAMOUS AND WELL KNOWNED !

yeah but i haven't seen anyone walking about in offspring stuff for a year or more anyway they should do more in the uk

notoriousdoc
04-08-2005, 01:43 AM
here's some ideas

What? We're suppose to have names for our records?
Don't touch this album, I seen you masturbating!
You've heard them all before
GREATEST sHITS
Come waste your money on this
... And let's not forget that some of us are over 40 years old
We're just repeating our old songs now

or we've got new songs children just listen to the others first! :D

GoDD
04-08-2005, 04:41 AM
How about :

Same ole' Shit , Remixed! aka Greatest Hits

You'll buy anyway

I like "From Smash to Splinter" the most i think :)
but please not just "Greatest Hits" , that would be dissapointing.

Noodles is gay
04-08-2005, 04:43 AM
'Bat out of the retirement home' ;)

offreak
04-08-2005, 10:59 AM
yeah but i haven't seen anyone walking about in offspring stuff for a year or more anyway they should do more in the uk
shit theres at least someone at my school sportin offspring at least once a week

notoriousdoc
04-08-2005, 11:11 AM
shit theres at least someone at my school sportin offspring at least once a week

all i see are people who like green day more :( i like green day but the offspring are better. it must be different in the US what does NIG think?

Josh Freese
04-08-2005, 11:12 AM
How about "Golden hits?"

offreak
04-08-2005, 11:18 AM
all i see are people who like green day more :( i like green day but the offspring are better. it must be different in the US what does NIG think?

neh... green day isnt that popular here..... i mean it is... but not like OMG GREEN DAY!!! ya know? its mostly the poppy preppy kids that like green day. the people who think 'omg im such a punk!!' but really aren't lol ya know?

notoriousdoc
04-08-2005, 11:20 AM
ooh ooh i got one! how about "goldies almost but not as golden as dexters hair"
oh yeah has anyone seen dexter in kerrang? apparently he went to austin for something about nitro and the reporter was too wasted on vodka to talk to him. theres a picture though :) :) :)

notoriousdoc
04-08-2005, 11:26 AM
neh... green day isnt that popular here..... i mean it is... but not like OMG GREEN DAY!!! ya know? its mostly the poppy preppy kids that like green day. the people who think 'omg im such a punk!!' but really aren't lol ya know?

its weird and because of american idiot. i dont think i saw as many green day hoodies and tee shirts before it got on the chart. music is really strange in the uk. you either like hip hop, pop, pop/punk/rock(REALLY watered down punk) or rock/metal/PROPER punk (like us)

offreak
04-08-2005, 11:30 AM
its weird and because of american idiot. i dont think i saw as many green day hoodies and tee shirts before it got on the chart. music is really strange in the uk. you like hip hop, pop, pop/punk/rock(REALLY watered down punk) or rock/metal/PROPER punk (like us)
is that a personal question for me.. cuz i just got confused, lol

notoriousdoc
04-08-2005, 12:11 PM
is that a person question for me.. cuz i just got confused, lol
sorry i just changed it

Jack the Tripper
04-08-2005, 02:24 PM
How about:

Nothing but old songs
Nothing New
We couldn't come up with new ideas, but we still want some money

Noodles is gay
04-08-2005, 07:34 PM

Don't see many people with Offspring stuff anymore - there's been a load of new bands lately though (eg razorlight and the futureheads) and now it looks like it's 'cool' to like indie, but yeah i see a lot of GreenDay hoodies. Damn Green Day.

Er...thanks for seeking my great pearls of wisdom...i guess :D

AlphaDrake
04-08-2005, 08:03 PM
'Bat out of the retirement home' ;)

Haha that accually made me laugh out loud. Meat Loaf...well.."bat out of hell is" good

Theres one guy in my school (2000) with a hoodie and one with a tee-shirt.....

Kudos on the "bat out of the retirement home" though! :D

StayInTheHouseCarl
04-08-2005, 11:14 PM
hmmmmmmm how bout....
" i hear some pretty slammable jams"

i was just watching "fear of a punk planet". has anyone else seen this show?

well my first idea was based from when greg and dexter initially started the band. but if we were to change that name : "20 years (give or take), and not quite a million,(but still a damn lot), beers."

Homer
04-08-2005, 11:28 PM
how about "The Offspring - We took out the crap and threw it away"

Hyper nova
04-09-2005, 06:34 PM
Mmmm Some good ideas.

BTW I see people with offspring Hoddies and T-Sirts and the like still around but not quite as much as when americana/CO1 period.

I think its a shame that a band that is one of the best of it's genre (i think better than GD) but seem to be fading away a bit. Now I do think GD is a good band one of my favourites but the overall Quality of Offspring is just Better. And I'm Really hoping for the bands sake that The GH CD does well and a good title is a good start. Im shit at name making so i wont be having a go.

It would also be good for the fans for their albums to start doing well again. As nm sure they intend to do more albums but it might give them a second lease of life.

Jack the Tripper
04-09-2005, 06:45 PM
-Mixture of the most listened to songs-

Jack the Tripper
04-09-2005, 06:46 PM
Another good idea is
-Buy this album or die-

Hyper nova
04-09-2005, 06:47 PM
Jack you slaped me u fucker

0r4ng3
04-11-2005, 05:09 PM
How about "international super--
o wait thats not original...

How about:
The Ignismaxnay Americonspirasplinter?

I got a headache thinking up that one
________
RHODE ISLAND MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARY (http://rhodeisland.dispensaries.org/)

Jack the Tripper
04-23-2005, 12:31 PM
It's gonna be : Greatest Hits Vol 1
I thought I was the only one who knew that. Acually the "Vol. 1" might not even be there.

Hyper nova
04-23-2005, 03:34 PM
where did you find it would have the vol. 1 bit

sounds like it going to be just plain old boring Greatest Hits.

Come on people be a little original

manucho
04-23-2005, 05:30 PM
the songs that made us won more money

Noodles is gay
04-23-2005, 05:40 PM
'Just thought we'd milk a bit more money from you guys before we pop our clogs.' :p