PDA

View Full Version : Punk!

SicN Twisted
10-31-2004, 09:41 PM
Please, please, please, all of you that see punk as invidual expression, please please please tell me where this definition evolved. Punk attacked the world as droning, three chord, screamy DIY music. Not individuality, not a spirit, not a lifestyle. Eventually, punk also defined a rediculous way of dressing. Where the fuck does anyone here get the idea that punk is a reflection of non conformity?

greencows12
10-31-2004, 10:03 PM
Ridiculous way of dressing? I like the dressing. It varies. mmmm....salad dressing.
It's easier to say what ISN't punk, so here's some things that aren't punk.
avril
the way you dress
Your hair
How much beer you drink
how much you wanna marry your skateboard
avril
What instrument you play
avril

Moose
10-31-2004, 10:11 PM
punk is bullshit, its just another label, another group to be a part of, i even heard that the sex pistols were put together in a studio because obviously they were to chaotic to form together alone. but seriously punk is bullshit, no one is a true individual, there is no such thing. "IM PUNK MOTHERFUCKER!!!", o ya saying that isnt sad. the world is sad.

punk_flamingo
10-31-2004, 10:22 PM
in the words of the dead kennedys:

"punk aint no religious cult, punk means thinking for yourself, you aint hardcore coz you spike your hair!"

and you can get fucked if you think theres no such thing as being an individual..kuz quite frankly, even though most people seem to be the same...they never are.

Moose
10-31-2004, 10:25 PM
i didnt say individual, i said true individual

everyone is molded in some way by other things. its impossible to be everything made up entirely of your own, the thought itself is inconcievable. most punks get angry when i say there is no such thing as a true individual, because they believe they are, but there not...there not.

punk_flamingo
10-31-2004, 10:54 PM
yes while that is true its not what punks trying to get at....

...their trying to get at the fact you have to think for yourselves to be individual. Not a true individual by any means, im not even that.

Sure my user name is "punk" flamingo..why? becuase i love the music, not because i go around going on about being a "true individual"

And if they believe they are, what should you care anyway? In fact why do you care so much?

Moose
10-31-2004, 11:04 PM
how sad, trying to make yurself seem so clever. your making it like its a personal attack on u, relax. im not hte one who made the post in the first place, i was just responding, i dont care if you dress up or listen to or whatever. i was just stating my opinion that i feel punk is pretty much bullshit. and who the fuck knows what punk is trying to get at nowadays. it used to be political with the sex pistols, and then fun live life with the ramones. all im saying is why say "punk is trying to get at this" and stop classifying it as punk or you being punk, and just be. you got more pissed at me for saying there is no such thing as a true individual than anything, so why do you care so much, probably because you took it as a personal attack.

punk_flamingo
10-31-2004, 11:07 PM
i never thought you were making a personal attack on me dude, i was just using myself as an example.

no i got pissed off about you saying there was no such thing about an INDIVIDUAL...i interpreted it wrong, i admitted that in my previous post. I agreed with you that a true individual does not exist. If you read my post properly, you would understand that.

Moose
10-31-2004, 11:09 PM
ok fine cool watever then. i think the only thing weve solved is that its really hard to change one's mind.

BREAK
10-31-2004, 11:51 PM
Punk = individuality, because Greg Graffin told them so.

RXP
11-01-2004, 12:19 AM
GregK is punk as it gets.

Nina
11-01-2004, 07:30 AM
punk = music.
thats all and has always been all since 1985 or something.
i dont know anything about the "punk history", nor do i care.
hell, i dont even like what most people call punk. all i know is
that it USED to mean something to the society back then,
but it does not anymore. jeez.
SicN Twisted is right, and i did not bother to read the rest.
thank you.

Zugg Island Convict
11-01-2004, 07:33 AM
punk means some1 who takes it up the ass, hence where punk music got its name from, cause it fucked the music industry in the ass...thats why the music style got its name.....

wheelchairman
11-01-2004, 09:07 AM
BREAK - No one here understands Greg Graffin. I don't even understand Greg Graffin. Someone should take away his thesaurus.

As far as punk goes, I just like the Clash take on it, wealth distribution and social change. But that was really more anarchist than punk.