PDA

View Full Version : The Da Vinci Code isn't just a fiction???

gnzdeejay
04-08-2005, 06:40 PM
I think almost everybody have read this novel. i'm like living in a foggy road after read this novel.
I want to know how about you? Are you believe in Holy Grail, Sangreal, Templar,etc. I'd wait for your response, guys...

RXP
04-09-2005, 01:24 AM
I haven't read since 1984,

Vicky
04-09-2005, 01:27 AM
I havn't read it.. Don't really want to read it..

wliethof
04-09-2005, 01:44 AM
it's just another conspiracy theory, but worked out into a nice book.

Mota Boy
04-09-2005, 01:47 AM
That book fucking sucked. I kept waiting to be impressed, then found it equivalent to a sub-par Clancy novel. Dan Brown just got lucky in that America loves her religion. People who count that book among their favorites are out of the running for my future wives. You probably think I'm kidding about that prior statement much more than I actually am.

Endymion
04-09-2005, 01:50 AM
oh, i believe you mota boy.

and i haven't read it.

Izie
04-09-2005, 01:50 AM
All the book did for me was prove that modern novels suck quite a lot. It could make a decent action movie, maybe. But other than that, HUGE thumbs down.

Vera
04-09-2005, 02:30 AM
I'm just not interested. I know the final conclusion and it's interesting in the theological sense but I'd rather hear some theologists discuss the question rather than read fiction about it. Religious symbolism isn't easy but if you stuff your book full of it, people are going to want to read it.

And interpret it. And write books about interpreting it.

I'm seriously more of a murder-detective-novel type of girl, so I doubt I'd consider it a nice read. Besides, I don't like reading books when there is a lot of commotion about them. That's why I didn't read Harry Potter for ages.

original_psycho
04-09-2005, 02:39 AM
I didn't read it and I'm not planning on reading it.
I'm more into horror books than anything else. Actually, I hate other types of books.

And no, I don't believe in those stuff.

JoY
04-09-2005, 05:36 AM
there was a documentary on Discovery about the Da Vinci Code a few days ago. actually I thought this topic would be a reaction on that. either way, if I'm not mistaking the conclusion of the book (haven't read it) comes down to the theory that to this day there's offspring of darling Jesus Christ walking the face of this earth.

I'll now give a summerary of the documentary I saw.
that theory was based on a hoax from ages ago. someone said, he'd found a manuscript (or document, whatever) in an acient language, which he'd managed to translate. it discribed the family-line of Jesus. apparently the church bought the manuscript for a LOT of money so the news wouldn't spread & reach anyone, because that would prove Jesus human. no one else, besides the finder of the manuscript, was ever able to translate it, but it stayed preserved in a secret file in a church library.

not too long ago someone tried to translate it with all the knowledge of languages he had in his little head, but when he'd finally somewhat figured out the alphabet used, the manuscript made absolute no sense at all. it appears that the so called finder had made it himself & that there's no such thing. they've tracked family-lines all the way back, but half of the people, who are family to Jesus according to a long long long familytree, seem to never have even existed. probably someone just linked a few families to that of Jesus.

I just explained what I saw in a real shitty way. nevermind.

notoriousdoc
04-09-2005, 05:58 AM
I think almost everybody have read this novel. i'm like living in a foggy road after read this novel.
I want to know how about you? Are you believe in Holy Grail, Sangreal, Templar,etc. I'd wait for your response, guys...

its probably a complete load of BULLSHIT :mad:

Vera
04-09-2005, 06:05 AM
Must've been an interesting documentary, Bella. Wish I'd seen it.

Faust
04-09-2005, 06:10 AM
it isn`t true.
simple and clear answer.

Little_Miss_1565
04-09-2005, 06:14 AM
When you go to the bookstore, you find "The DaVinci Code" in the fiction section.

'Nuff said.

notoriousdoc
04-09-2005, 06:14 AM
it isn`t true.
simple and clear answer.

you're probably right