PDA

View Full Version : The Offspring open for Green Day?

RawkFAn
04-09-2005, 02:13 PM
Do you think The Offspring will be opening for Green Day on their stadium tour at the end of the summer? I think it would be awesome, cuz I already have tickets to see them at Giants Stadium and there are no opening acts announced yet.

Hypodermic_89
04-09-2005, 03:10 PM
HAH Fuck You Man Green Day should be opening for The Offspring!

Noodles is gay
04-09-2005, 04:58 PM
^ exactly my thoughts!

RawkFAn
04-09-2005, 08:09 PM
Yo man calm down. The Offspring are 100x better than Green Day, but The Offspring have not exactly been selling out arenas right now. So realisticly they would be opening for Green Day as of now.

Sinister
04-09-2005, 08:45 PM
Offspring opening >> they'd steal the show
Offspring opened >> the crowd would want to see THEM !

so Offspring = more of a self-sufficient band

Blargh
04-09-2005, 10:02 PM
they're both headlining bands. im going to giants stadium too. it'd be amazing if they toured together though.

wilsonkck
04-09-2005, 10:20 PM
I'm gonna guess neither will ever open for the other. Theyre basically each others main competition so neither will be the others bitch. A tour together would be fuckin amazing but again not to likely

Homer
04-10-2005, 01:06 AM
I don't know where I got this from... but didn't Green Day open for The Offspring a long time ago?

bouncingcoles
04-10-2005, 01:12 AM
offspring would never open for greenday. and greenday would never open for offspring. end of story. Greenday is more popular then offspring as of right now but most of there fan base is kids under 13. im a greenday fan and i can admit most of there fan base are gay.

Homer
04-10-2005, 01:16 AM
did you even read what I posted before yours?

RonWelty
04-10-2005, 01:40 AM
Do you think The Offspring will be opening for Green Day on their stadium tour at the end of the summer? I think it would be awesome, cuz I already have tickets to see them at Giants Stadium and there are no opening acts announced yet.
no !the offspring will be in warped tour as bigger band . all the people will want to see them and this event will give back all the respect in punk community!in a few months you will see The OFFSPRING NATION ( not that site :P) bigger again !

jesusofsuburbia3
04-10-2005, 02:38 PM
i could see the offspring openeing for green day. green day however will never open for anyone ever again, forever. if youve ever seen them you know their stage performance is amazing and practically unbeatable. as much as i love the offspring, the do not compare at all to green day, especially with the recent years worth of songs from american idiot.

on the stadium tour, i thinm green day might have a band or two, or maybe even none open for them. then play a 2 hour insane set, simply because they have the ability to hit the same 3 chords for that long, not that thats bad, billies lyrics and presence is more than amazing

- pons-

Funky Donkey
04-12-2005, 09:14 AM
Never, Green Day is a hit right now. Hardly anyone bought Splinter and the videos were not shown often enough to be appretiated both Greenday and Offspring may be in the same "Genre" but I don't see them playing togther right now, if ever. Everyone loved American Idiot even I enjoy their music vidoes

Dexter_H
04-12-2005, 09:18 AM
Fuck Green Day.

Kitten
04-12-2005, 09:26 AM
It will never happen. Not because one is bigger than the other, but simply they are just opposing bands.

Dr.Faustus
04-12-2005, 09:51 AM

Don't be ridiculous. Would be cool if it did happen though.

speg
04-12-2005, 09:54 AM
green day just won a prestigious canadian juno award

BuddyHolly
04-12-2005, 11:55 AM
So did I.......

Blargh
04-12-2005, 04:38 PM
i saw green day at pop disaster. they opened for blink who were the more popular band at the time and green day kicked them off before they got on. it'd be awesome to see offspring and green day do a tour where they switch opener and headliner. they both have sets for both occasions.

bouncingcoles
04-12-2005, 08:18 PM
i just think greenday are teeeeerribly overrated

Fly White Guy
04-12-2005, 08:37 PM
Fuck Green Day.

Words of Wisdom.^

I don't think The Offspring would EVER open for Green Day.

StayInTheHouseCarl
04-12-2005, 10:32 PM
i think these bands are too competitive to tour together. theres a lot of built up years of shit talking by both bands.

offspringrammsteinfan
04-13-2005, 02:33 AM

you are the funniest guy I ever talked to :D it's more possible to say that ramones is going to open for green day than the offspring. and that's impossible cause ramones is dead

Fly White Guy
04-15-2005, 04:19 PM
Words of Wisdom.^

I don't think The Offspring would EVER open for Green Day.

It's not that I don't like Green Day, I do, but in this situation the problem is above.

Amanda
04-15-2005, 04:22 PM
I dont really give a fuck who should be opening for whom. Green Day and Offspring playing together would rock!!!

ValKittieDex
04-15-2005, 04:24 PM
I would say that boths may open for one...whatever be....
offspring and green day are greats band

offspringowns
04-15-2005, 04:49 PM
just be realistics now people think that they are "better" (i cant understand how any1 can think that but. . .) so that can be possible. anyway if u go there and u can see them dont matter if they open or not.
im hopping to see them here from long time ago. . .

Amanda
04-15-2005, 04:50 PM
Sorry, wtf???

_Amanda_
04-15-2005, 08:30 PM
Sorry, wack the fucker???

Amanda
04-15-2005, 08:33 PM
Not funny jack! Stop messing with my posts! *laughs a little but tries to hide it* :mad:

_Amanda_
04-15-2005, 08:35 PM
sorry, me go sleep now

Amanda
04-15-2005, 08:36 PM
Awww so soon? I was just starting to have fun...

killboybowerhead
04-15-2005, 09:12 PM
overrated or underrated are stupid terms. Because their is never a medium. But yeah i have tickets for the San Fran show too. I love Green Days old stuff as most people do. But i have seen offspring and Green Day with in a week and Offspring is an enormously better live band. But I mean honestly i have to say that the Offspring have fucked up the last few years. Hearing Dexter and his superstitions on how to make a good album made my respect go down. Warped is a good move. But most of all Offspring need to start making more serious songs. None of this goof crap like Original Prankster, Pretty Fly, Hit That. I know they all have meaning but the joker punk attitude pretty much runs it into the ground.

i'm_aren't_alright
04-17-2005, 06:35 AM
HAH Fuck You Man Green Day should be opening for The Offspring!

You got that Damned Right, Offspring all the way!

0r4ng3
04-17-2005, 08:20 AM
what if green day and the offspring played, with no opener?
________
Gay Arab (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/608/arab/videos/1)

pretty_fly_white_guy858
04-17-2005, 08:57 AM
I don't know where I got this from... but didn't Green Day open for The Offspring a long time ago?

Possibly...you might have heard the MP3 that I have where Offspring did likt the first 20 seconds of Basket Case

0r4ng3
04-17-2005, 09:06 AM
Possibly...you might have heard the MP3 that I have where Offspring did likt the first 20 seconds of Basket Case
i heard that mp3...there's no green day, its just the offspring playing self esteem right after it
________
Uhwh (http://uhwh.com/)

nameless
04-17-2005, 03:45 PM
i hate to say it but if green day opened for the offspring there may be a chance they may be shown up a bit! offspring are brilliant live as are green day but green day really bring the carnival atmosphere with them, they would be a really hard act to follow as blink 182 found out! although offspring are way better than blink, any band following green day would have difficulties!

killboybowerhead
04-17-2005, 05:03 PM
I think Offspring are better live band but yeah Green Day gets the crowd going. But that makes sense since they are more pupular so really your point means nothing except that Green Day is more popular so they should headline. Everyone keeps saying this but in different ways it is funny

nameless
04-18-2005, 03:17 PM
I think Offspring are better live band but yeah Green Day gets the crowd going. But that makes sense since they are more pupular so really your point means nothing except that Green Day is more popular so they should headline. Everyone keeps saying this but in different ways it is funny

i wouldnt say it matters whoes more popular, ive seen both bands twice and they play different live shows, green day kinda break the barrier between band and audience whereas offspring prefer to play stuff as written and put in a solid performance!

BuddyHolly
04-19-2005, 02:39 AM
But Green Day keeps on doing the same things onstage over and over again... it's getting kind of boring to see 3 kids playing Knowledge every fucking show for years now

nameless
04-19-2005, 03:31 PM
But Green Day keeps on doing the same things onstage over and over again... it's getting kind of boring to see 3 kids playing Knowledge every fucking show for years now

cant argue with that, it would be good to see them mix things up a bit! i think their set list works really well so they dont feel the need to change it!

raptor1437
04-22-2005, 03:18 AM
In an interview I saw on MTV, Green Day said what they are doing with these stadium tours is often just playing straight through American Idiot, and sometimes mixing it up with some old stuff. Also, at least in my town, My Chemical Romance is opening for Green Day. And as awesome as it would be for Offspring and Green Day to play together, I doubt it will happen. Their styles are different, and neither band would risk being shown up by the other.

icklebabygremlin
05-14-2005, 02:49 PM
Green day are shit!!

iplayguitar182
05-14-2005, 09:00 PM
Greenday is waaay to overrated everyone is better than them, the fan base is posers who think they are hardcore punk.

ěr1giИaŁ PЯanK5t3r
05-15-2005, 09:54 AM
Both the Offspring and Greenday are amazing bands. If they would go on tour together that would kick alot a ass!! To me there evenly matched bands so if anyone was to open for the other I wouldn't give a shit, in fact i wouldnt consider it an opening i'd just be syked that im seein both bands.

- ěr1giИaŁ PЯanK5t3r.

defyuk
05-15-2005, 10:09 AM
no the offspring won't open for greenday. Greenday have a biggerfan base than the offspring and i know its not the same thing but they got so impatient waiting for them they bottled off 50 cent last year. if they do that to him would they really want to sit through a set from a rival band? i like greenday but i would choose the offspring anyday. Greenday are too big to be an opening band. The offspring are too big to be an opening band. ever heard the phrase, trying to fit a square peg into a round hole? it wont happen!!! What about joint headliners.........?

Dirty Bertie
05-15-2005, 11:46 AM
What about joint headliners.........?

Fucking hope so.. I would love to see that gig

Billy Joe(Thomas)
05-15-2005, 12:29 PM
Offspring would opem for Ramones( if the band was still alive), metallica, iron maiden, social distortion... but never EVA FOR greenday

original_prankster
05-15-2005, 12:54 PM
Greenday is waaay to overrated everyone is better than them, the fan base is posers who think they are hardcore punk.
I'm a fan. I don't think I'm hardcore punk.

That's a stupid statement.

Both the Offspring and Greenday are amazing bands. If they would go on tour together that would kick alot a ass!! To me there evenly matched bands so if anyone was to open for the other I wouldn't give a shit, in fact i wouldnt consider it an opening i'd just be syked that im seein both bands.

- ěr1giИaŁ PЯanK5t3r.

IMPOSTER! :eek: