PDA

View Full Version : Life after Death

Punky Dudess
04-10-2005, 02:01 AM
we were discussing this in class the other week:
when you die, supposedly you come back in a different form.
Just wondering what you guys would like to come back as...

Endymion
04-10-2005, 02:11 AM
when you die you die. you don't have a soul. your body goes to waste and what you were ceases to be.

RXP
04-10-2005, 02:13 AM
How do you know?

Mota Boy
04-10-2005, 02:21 AM
when you die you die. you don't have a soul. your body goes to waste and what you were ceases to be.
Look into near-death experiences. They at least make you question.

...and in which fucking class were you taught reincarnation as fact? If I could come back as anything? I'd come back as the best-looking, best-fucking, smartest guy on the planet. Simple as that - I'm satisfied with who I am.

Punky Dudess
04-10-2005, 02:32 AM
hmmm... good answer Mots Boy,
i know its a stupid topic but still our religeous education teacher insists we do a report on it.
FUCK!!!!!! :mad:

foxy
04-10-2005, 03:09 AM
ill come back as an atom bomb then explode coz if i die inocent people are coming to

_ߥ_vil_
04-10-2005, 03:11 AM
ill come back as an atom bomb then explode coz if i die inocent people are coming to

Hahahaaha......I'd come back as a man....no pain and you can shag when/who ya want.

the_GoDdEsS
04-10-2005, 03:13 AM
Hahahaaha......I'd come back as a man....no pain and you can shag when/who ya want.

Eh, men do not have it all that easy either. It's just a common assumption among women.

I don't think I'll come back as something. Maybe my soul will just wander on Earth or who knows what place.

Inshane
04-10-2005, 03:15 AM
All you can say for sure is that -most- people want to believe there is something after you die. I wouldnt really mind. If you're dead, you are dead.

the only scared thought that crosses my mind when I think about dying is the one that my soul will 'float' around and Ill be alone in my own thoughts forever.

Jerry
04-10-2005, 03:28 AM
How do you know?

He's God..... ;)

Jackish
04-10-2005, 05:08 AM
All you can say for sure is that -most- people want to believe there is something after you die. I wouldnt really mind. If you're dead, you are dead.

the only scared thought that crosses my mind when I think about dying is the one that my soul will 'float' around and Ill be alone in my own thoughts forever.

Thats interesting, I feel/think about that sometimes too - It would be very strange.

Is it just me or is it theoretically impossible to get your mind around "forever"? It just, oww... Head.. Hurts. Sort of thing. Just imagine immortal life. Would you actually want that?

Inshane
04-10-2005, 07:10 AM
like there are people wishing there is more after death. I wish there is no such thing as minds 'wandering' around 'forever'.

immortal life. no, never.

KappaWing
04-10-2005, 07:14 AM
From a more logical perspective, three things are possible

A) You cease to exist. The only essence left of you lies in the memories of others, and those soon fade into the mausoleum of history. You are simply gone, void of a conciousness and an unconciousness.

B) Conciousness is lost upon death, but unconciousness still continues to exist. You are trapped in your own essense, constantly feeling the horrors of infinite isolation. The pain, over time, drives you to insanity. Insanity leads to even more pain. The incredible pain twists and warps your unconciousness for eternity as you are forever trapped in isolation.

C) Frozen Conciousness. Upon your death, your conciousness stays with you in an infinatley still state. For example, if you die by being shot in the head, you forever feel the pain as the bullet pierces through your skull and your brain matter being slashed to pieces. And you forever hear the loud bang of the gunshot. If you die by falling of a large building, you are immediatley frozen at the point of impact, forever seeing and hearing your surroundings and forever feeling your body shatter as it hits the pavement. What sets this death theory apart from the others is that it actually freezes the time perception of your conciousness. My reasoning for this is if, upon destruction of your conciousness, your essence cannot escape it. Therefore, your essence is forever trapped at the "point of last existance" of your conciousness. If this were the case, I would much rather die peacefully.

Given those three options I would choose A) as my first choice, C) as my second, and B) as the last. From a Christian perspective, A) might be Heaven, B) might be hell, and C) might be a neutral state. What are your thoughts on this?

JoY
04-10-2005, 07:14 AM
Look into near-death experiences. They at least make you question.

...and in which fucking class were you taught reincarnation as fact? If I could come back as anything? I'd come back as the best-looking, best-fucking, smartest guy on the planet. Simple as that - I'm satisfied with who I am.
I agree & I agree.

I'll come back as a coconut cookie.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-10-2005, 07:20 AM
Eh, men do not have it all that easy either. It's just a common assumption among women.

You are wise amongst earth creatures.

nieh
04-10-2005, 07:45 AM

I'm hoping that was a horrible horrible horrible attempt at a joke.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-10-2005, 07:48 AM
I really don't think it was. It seems we have no nerve endings and are infinitely attractive to all females.

nieh
04-10-2005, 07:53 AM
damn. I think I'd want to come back as a man too then.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-10-2005, 07:55 AM
I'd want to come back as a dog. So I could hump your leg! That's right!

nieh
04-10-2005, 07:59 AM
And we could play fetch in the park! And I could use you to pick up the vast amounts of girls I would need to temporarilly fulfill my incredible lust for the opposite sex until I wake up the next morning and feel the undeniable urge to do it all over again. Holy shit, I want to go kill myself now so I can come back to a life like that.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-10-2005, 08:02 AM
I don't really need to kill myself to come back as a leg-humping dog. I could hump legs today, if I wanted to.

Cmon babe, show me some shin.

nieh
04-10-2005, 08:31 AM
only if you get dressed up in this first

http://www.maskworld.com/pix/costumes/small/4903-hund-hunde-maskottchen-kostuem-dog-costume-mascot.jpg

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-10-2005, 09:10 AM
Already done.

nieh
04-10-2005, 09:42 AM
*balances a snausage on your nose*

let's go to the park and roll around on the grass!

the_GoDdEsS
04-10-2005, 10:21 AM
*giggles* You two are such freaks!

Dr.Faustus
04-10-2005, 10:31 AM
we were discussing this in class the other week:
when you die, supposedly you come back in a different form.
Just wondering what you guys would like to come back as...

"supposedly you come back in a different form."

Supposedly? What because someone said so?