PDA

View Full Version : Politics Sucks

Ferna182
10-21-2004, 09:49 AM
Politics just make people fight for nothing... it sucks.....
i think they should close this thread.....
but it's just MY opinion

Chris
10-21-2004, 10:40 AM
no, I think you mean religion ;)

Ferna182
10-21-2004, 11:45 AM
yeah-... religion... and politics too :P

Vera
10-21-2004, 12:10 PM
Politics are essential to the way all societies work and since people live in socities, politics are essential to the way we live. Of course, it comes with a lot of bullshit as does everything these days, but I think discussion of politics is needed in order to see through the bullshit and focus on the real issues.

Shit, I think I sounded like a candidate there. Vera for 2004!

Hysteria
10-21-2004, 01:20 PM
correction: Vera for 2005!

wheelchairman
10-21-2004, 02:31 PM
Politics is necessary. Hmm but what are we actually talking about? The political system? The state? Parties? Politics is a far too general term. But personally I like politics and find it interesting.

Chris
10-21-2004, 02:54 PM
I suppose you would have to be an optimist to get much of a discussion about politics around here - i'll let someone else salvage this topic

wheelchairman
10-21-2004, 03:09 PM
I suppose you are right. But it should be interesting what political ideology is popular among Offspring fans. It always surprises me to hear 'punks' say they support Bush. Joe Strummer would be spinning in his grave.

Vera
10-22-2004, 06:03 AM
I heard Dee Dee Ramone is a Republican, though.

wheelchairman
10-22-2004, 10:14 AM
Yeah and an NRA member to boot.

What's worse is that Eldridge Cleaver also became a Republican. He was 10x more hardcore than Dee Dee ever was. What a pity.

nothingfromsomething
10-22-2004, 11:38 AM
Vote Noodles !

Noodles President ! Noodles President ! ! ! :D

Noodles
12-14-2004, 11:51 PM
Eldridge Cleaver became a Republican?!?

Johnny Ramone was the Republican. Maybe Dee Dee was too, I don't know. He was pretty bitter, and he was also in G.G. Allin's band for a while. Are most Republicans junkies?

I still can't believe that Eldridge Cleaver became a republican? I'll never read "Soul On Ice" the same way ever again.

Lithuanian Offspring
12-15-2004, 12:12 AM
Eldridge Cleaver became a Republican?!?

Johnny Ramone was the Republican. Maybe Dee Dee was too, I don't know. He was pretty bitter, and he was also in G.G. Allin's band for a while. Are most Republicans junkies?

I still can't believe that Eldridge Cleaver became a republican? I'll never read "Soul On Ice" the same way ever again.
Your American Republicans aren't always that bad. They are kind of evil but atleast the hicks are happy. Imagine if they weren't. You should be happy you don't have a fucking Communist party.

wheelchairman
12-15-2004, 01:26 AM
Your American Republicans aren't always that bad. They are kind of evil but atleast the hicks are happy. Imagine if they weren't. You should be happy you don't have a fucking Communist party.
America has like 20 communist parties.

Eldridge Cleaver after he returned from exile, joined the republican party and also became a member of some church that worshipped the Penis. Really quite a sad thing.

RXP
12-15-2004, 02:44 AM
Sad because they didn't worship my cock.

RonWelty
12-15-2004, 03:44 AM

Eldridge Cleaver after he returned from exile, joined the republican party and also became a member of some church that worshipped the Penis. Really quite a sad thing.
and did they have the same rights of the democracts and republican?NO!i hate comunism but u have to see the truth ..what is the point of having 20 , like u say , comunism parties , if they can īt show their (fucking stupid) program?=

Lithuanian Offspring
12-15-2004, 10:50 AM

I meant as part of the two party system. They may have 20 or whatever parties but I meant that they are not the popular ones.

wheelchairman
12-15-2004, 10:54 AM
Ronwelty- I know.

I meant as part of the two party system. They may have 20 or whatever parties but I meant that they are not the popular ones.
Ah good, so you see the contradiction in your lack of logic.

Lithuanian Offspring
12-15-2004, 10:57 AM
Ah, no. You should see the contradiction in logic in your own ideals.

wheelchairman
12-15-2004, 11:01 AM
Ah, no. You should see the contradiction in logic in your own ideals.
Ah another Ricki Lake comeback.

My ideals are based on dialectic logic. Anways, we've argued this before. You gave up because you aren't good at logic.

Lithuanian Offspring
12-15-2004, 11:07 AM
I'm sure.
Communism claims that everything is equal. Right? How come a person who works hard and maintains quality is paid as much as a person who hardly works at all? Lets see how great at logic you are.

wheelchairman
12-15-2004, 11:08 AM
I'm sure.
Communism claims that everything is equal. Right? How come a person who works hard and maintains quality is paid as much as a person who hardly works at all? Lets see how great at logic you are.
Why should I justify an example you just pulled out of your ass?

Communism says nothing about everyone being paid the exact same amount. That is just stupidity.

Lithuanian Offspring
12-15-2004, 11:15 AM
It is stupidity because your logic is broken. Too bad! Now enlighten me about the ideals of Communism. That is the reason everyone doesn't like it, or the majority of people. If it were any different I would not have any beef with it. I'm going to have to disagree with you on me pulling that out of my ass but I see where you could get that from. That Marx was a pretty ugly guy. And Engels was a fag. Why do you think a rich English factory owner would finance a phsyco like Marx if he wasn't in love with him?

Lithuanian Offspring
12-15-2004, 11:24 AM
Oops times up!

wheelchairman
12-15-2004, 11:34 AM
It is stupidity because your logic is broken. Too bad! Now enlighten me about the ideals of Communism. That is the reason everyone doesn't like it, or the majority of people. If it were any different I would not have any beef with it. I'm going to have to disagree with you on me pulling that out of my ass but I see where you could get that from. That Marx was a pretty ugly guy. And Engels was a fag. Why do you think a rich English factory owner would finance a phsyco like Marx if he wasn't in love with him?
honestly don't try and be offensive, I don't find the term fag because I am not a bigot like you. Communists are tolerant, unlike yourself obviously.

If you want to understand communism, then I would suggest you start by reading some of what I've written in the anarchist thread. Communism is about giving to people based on their need, and them working based on their ability.

You want to see insulting? All lithuanians are pigs who should've been shot by the Poles a long time ago. It's not even a real nation, it should be divided between the real nations of Poland and Latvia.

Lithuanian Offspring
12-15-2004, 11:42 AM
Ok. Now now you just explained capitalisiim. How ironic. A person works and recieves as much as he has worked for. Ha! You dirty capitalist pig. Of course we are talking about the pure forms of these governments and not the corrupt (capitalist) and totalitarian (communist) forms of these governments. I suggest you change the name of your idealogy because it doesn't really look like communism to me. But hey! Dirty Capitalist! Man, irony is a bitch.

Lithuanian Offspring
12-15-2004, 11:44 AM
You want to see insulting? All lithuanians are pigs who should've been shot by the Poles a long time ago. It's not even a real nation, it should be divided between the real nations of Poland and Latvia.
Go suck on a danish!! :D

Sexy Panda
12-16-2004, 01:10 AM
Communists are tolerant, unlike yourself obviously.

Dude, don't be silly.

-------------------------

I don't believe in communism but I can see who is going to come out on top in this one. You are no Ayn Rand 'Lithuanian Offspring'.

Sexy Panda
12-16-2004, 01:16 AM
Ok. Now now you just explained capitalisiim. How ironic. A person works and recieves as much as he has worked for. Ha! You dirty capitalist pig. Of course we are talking about the pure forms of these governments and not the corrupt (capitalist) and totalitarian (communist) forms of these governments. I suggest you change the name of your idealogy because it doesn't really look like communism to me. But hey! Dirty Capitalist! Man, irony is a bitch.

Don't be an idiot. He basically said "from each according to his ability, to each according to his need". That is communism. He didn't say that people receive as much as they worked for.

And the term corrupt would not just apply to a capitalist government just as the term totalitarian does not just apply to communism. Have you heard of Pinochet?

There is a difference between state control of wealth and totalitarianism.

See that's what pisses me off about this place. People are so dumb I end up arguing against the guy on my side. Why must I be surrounded by idiots.

wheelchairman
12-16-2004, 04:40 AM
Don't be an idiot. He basically said "from each according to his ability, to each according to his need". That is communism. He didn't say that people receive as much as they worked for.

And the term corrupt would not just apply to a capitalist government just as the term totalitarian does not just apply to communism. Have you heard of Pinochet?

There is a difference between state control of wealth and totalitarianism.

See that's what pisses me off about this place. People are so dumb I end up arguing against the guy on my side. Why must I be surrounded by idiots.
Odd how that works. I've found myself defending ideas and people I don't support either.

Either way, thanks for saving me from writing another post.

Kitten
12-16-2004, 06:22 AM
Politics just make people fight for nothing... it sucks.....
i think they should close this thread.....
but it's just MY opinion

Look, to be honest, if you don't like this section of the forums, don't come here. Politics is a way of life, from government down to how you interact with people surrounding you. There is politics in everything.