PDA

View Full Version : Hear my Band!

wheelchairman
04-11-2005, 01:55 PM
Yes folks, at least you have the chance to hear my band.

This is our punk-rock version of the song, 'What If God Was One Of Us'. We recorded it on my friend's cell-phone, during a spout of boredom. We would've recorded it onto casette via my aiwa microphone, had we had a cassette laying around. I assure you, we don't sound nearly so bad live. But this recording is so hilariously funny sounding, that I must share it.

Now, since it's rather difficult to tell what instruments are what, I'll break it down for you.

It starts with me playing a few power-chords, and then drums break in.
Then the other guitarist plays the noticeable melody of the song 3 times or so.
And then a bass and drums break and then more of the melody which breaks into the punk powerchord version of the song, where you can clearly hear me playing the power chords. Then some solos, more melodic stuff and fin.

Enjoy.
Note, this is the same song, I'm just putting too links, in the unlikely event that more should try and download it, than is possible with yousendit.com. Should we come to a point where we either have downloaded it too many time, or people still want it after a week, I will of course, upload it again, due to popular demand. And people who read my LJ should download it from there, simply because that's also a different link. One should use Quicktime to play this song.

http://s27.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3HTY0FABICPMC16XRZU7N48H11
http://s34.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=31L2SDUJ6KH630BGEC6HB14BCY

Izie
04-11-2005, 02:14 PM
My ears hurt :(

Damn your AWFUL recording :/

I have no expertise in music, but it would sound fuuun, if it wasn't that distorted... I think :/ Oh I like it anyway.

wheelchairman
04-11-2005, 02:16 PM
tsk tsk Iza, if it sounded good, and was recorded with good quality, then it wouldn't be nearly as punk.

I know what you mean though, I generally turn it down while listening to it. Cell-phones are terrible at picking up different ranges.

Jesus
04-11-2005, 02:17 PM
Can't listen to it since Iz stole my headphones! Anyway, you posted this in the wrong section, cripple.

wheelchairman
04-11-2005, 02:18 PM
True, but I'm important enough to be able to use this forum to further my band.

Jesus
04-11-2005, 02:19 PM
True, but I'm important enough to be able to use this forum to further my band.

Exploitation, typical commie-nazi! Raus!

Izie
04-11-2005, 02:20 PM
tsk tsk Iza, if it sounded good, and was recorded with good quality, then it wouldn't be nearly as punk.

I know what you mean though, I generally turn it down while listening to it. Cell-phones are terrible at picking up different ranges.

I wouldn't know about cell-phones, I use mine to call and sms. I don't even know if I have a voice recorder. I sure as hell don't have a camera though :/

Kiki wanna hear? I'll borrow you the headphones ;)

Dr.Faustus
04-11-2005, 02:21 PM
I didn't read any of what you just wrote. What sort of music do you play, and what do you play in the band?

wheelchairman
04-11-2005, 02:22 PM
You can't stop National-Internationalism my friend, may the nationalist working class step forward. Hoch die internazionale-nazionale solidaritet!

I don't own a cell-phone, I can't even get one to unlock. So this was done without my involvement really. Except for the instrument playing.

wheelchairman
04-11-2005, 02:23 PM
I didn't read any of what you just wrote. What sort of music do you play, and what do you play in the band?
We play a large variety of things, older rock, jazzy-swingy type stuff, funk, folk, punk, hiphop, our band has a huge influence base, since we all like different types of music.

the_GoDdEsS
04-11-2005, 02:36 PM
Hahaha, the best Joan Osborne rip off. Very punk quality indeed. I approve! =)

wheelchairman
04-11-2005, 02:41 PM
Excellent, so far that's one in favor, and one sort of in favor.

Dr.Faustus
04-11-2005, 02:41 PM
We play a large variety of things, older rock, jazzy-swingy type stuff, funk, folk, punk, hiphop, our band has a huge influence base, since we all like different types of music.

That's pretty cool. It's good to have a variety.

Revolver-2005?
04-11-2005, 02:57 PM
its ok...but...it still sucks :)

Noodles is gay
04-11-2005, 03:19 PM
heheheh - i like it :D but ergh; horrible horrible recording. Methinks you should re-record it and stick it up again. You gonna have lyrics?

Note, this is the same song, I'm just putting too links, in the unlikely event that more should try and download it, than is possible with yousendit.com

ARGH! wrong use of word!!! :eek:

Couldn't resist it. :p

wheelchairman
04-11-2005, 03:39 PM
yeah, I may be singing with my frog-like voice, or maybe not. We plan on better recording later on.

And don't worry about it, I've been making terrible grammar mistakes in several languages this night.

Trip Boy
04-11-2005, 04:45 PM
That was plain horrible. It didn't make me want to rock out at all...good or bad recording it was just a rehash of the song in a more boring mode. Could you turn the main guitar up any louder?

wheelchairman
04-11-2005, 11:23 PM
Nope, we're going for a more refined audience than you.

JoY
04-12-2005, 07:39 AM
oh you, this be assholic. you know how bad I want to hear your band play, but I don't have the right program for it. *SOB*

wheelchairman
04-12-2005, 08:22 AM
I'm fairly certain Quicktime can be downloaded for free...

JoY
04-12-2005, 08:35 AM
I'm fairly certain Quicktime can be downloaded for free...
Quicktime? it's fucking Quicktime I need? then why was the internet giving me a hard time, saying they couldn't find a suitable program for it? grr.

either way; yay. now I'll get to it. =D

wheelchairman
04-12-2005, 09:05 AM
you're band sucks
So far, Sims opinion is still worth more. Sorry.

Dr.Faustus
04-12-2005, 09:37 AM
How long has your band been together?

foxy
04-12-2005, 09:52 AM
that song is so cool

wheelchairman
04-12-2005, 09:56 AM
How long has your band been together?
Since October. But the other members went to Australia from January to April. (not touring, just studying. haha)

and thank you foxy.

sKratch
04-12-2005, 11:29 PM
Pff I bet my band's cover of dancing queen blows that away.

Dr.Faustus
04-13-2005, 06:41 AM
Since October. But the other members went to Australia from January to April. (not touring, just studying. haha)

and thank you foxy.

Nice. My bands been together nearly 2 years, time bloody flies.

Pff I bet my band's cover of dancing queen blows that away

Let's hear it. :cool:

JoY
04-13-2005, 06:53 AM
I can't wait till I've heard that live. yes yes, the recording is aweful, but otherwise (not the word I'm looking for, but whatever) it sounds yay. very yay.

wheelchairman
04-13-2005, 09:11 AM
Yay! I figure that this recording, quality and all, is still superior to the Sex Pistol's entire career.

JoY
04-13-2005, 09:13 AM
I wouldn't say that. but you are, my dear. you are.

wheelchairman
04-13-2005, 09:16 AM
ah perhaps you like them better.

Btw, at some point in time, in the last two weeks I made a topic called 'joyyyy' where I included some pictures from France. You weren't online at the time me thinks, however I plan on updating it in a few days when I get more pictures (so no need for a reply just yet.)

Just giving you some info there peaches.

JoY
04-13-2005, 09:18 AM
what the... & I've missed that orgasmic topic? why didn't anyone inform me on this?

<3333
I'll patiently wait for more pictures.

wheelchairman
04-13-2005, 09:22 AM
Yes'um, I thinks you be desperately out of touch with bbs life, oh what a pity, what a pity hehe.

So what's keeping you busy over there in Amsterdam?

Speaking of which, buying my tickets via train, so I won't be buying them this month. Which is huge economic relief.