PDA

View Full Version : Noodles

Sparkey
11-01-2004, 11:21 AM
Hey guys, I was looking just now and saw several posts about Dexter, and realised there was no thread saying how awesome Noodles is! I had to make one! He's so freekin' awesome! I like his guitar hehe Ibanez NDM1 - very nice guitar.

MirandaV
11-01-2004, 12:44 PM
And what about greg and atom?
All 4 of em mean the same to me

Sixpence.
11-01-2004, 12:58 PM
Yeah. I love them all too but they all have something special that I love and so does Noodles. He's so damn cool, the best guitarist for me and I love his Journals. Cool guy.

La_Plume_Noire
11-01-2004, 01:15 PM
It's right, Noodles is a very very cool man, and if you have seen Huck It (video), he's... strange, but I like that ! And his guitar sound is hummm very nice !

Julie
11-01-2004, 01:22 PM
^^hey hey un Français! Ça va?! On n'en voit pas souvent des Français ici! :)^^

La_Plume_Noire
11-01-2004, 01:40 PM
^^hey hey un Français! Ça va?! On n'en voit pas souvent des Français ici! :)^^
Hey oui, un français sur un forum anglais, c'est sûr que ça ce voit passer ! :D Mais toi tu es Canadienne, mais dans la partie francophone je suppose.

Translation : Yes a french guy on an english board, it's right we are sure to see that ! :D But you, you're Canadian, but in the french area I suppose.

Offspring_01
11-01-2004, 02:07 PM
Noodles is awesome! He's probably my favorite member. He plays a sick guitar and he's hilarious! When I saw Huck It for the first time, I laughed through almost the whole part with him. Its my favorite part of the video. (except for maybe Gone Away live or TKAA live). :D

london_calling
11-01-2004, 02:20 PM
NOODLES ALL THE WAY!!!!!! ibanez rule, i use an ibanez bass. :D

Hysteria
11-01-2004, 02:46 PM
I know fuck all about guitars, which is probaly why I'm a drummer.

My mate uses a black Ibanez though, worth about £350, not sure what it is though. :o

Jake
11-01-2004, 03:57 PM
his ndm1 is kick ass!

offspringbaby2004
11-01-2004, 05:12 PM
NOODLES KICKS ASS! GO NOODLES! :D:D:D:D

~mandy~

Jake
11-01-2004, 07:09 PM
NOODLES KICKS ASS! GO NOODLES! :D:D:D:D

~mandy~
Nothing more to be said!

Jewel_Blue_Ibanez
11-01-2004, 07:54 PM
NOODLES ALL THE WAY!!!!!! ibanez rule, i use an ibanez bass. :D

Me too! I love the Ibanez necks. They're a lot thinner than most necks which makes it easier for me to play because I have small hands.

vintagepunkrock7
11-01-2004, 09:50 PM
I guess i am a fairly new Offspring fan, which is probly why i am asking this question (you probly all know the answer), but why do they call him noodles? does he just not want his real name used? or is there a story behind the nickname?

offspringbaby2004
11-01-2004, 10:19 PM
Didn't he get his nickname because he liked to noodle away on his guitar??
Dexter is also a nickname too if you didn't know :)

~mandy~

vintagepunkrock7
11-01-2004, 10:25 PM
no i didnt know that. i always wondered if dexter was his real name cuz i always thought the was the coolest name, nobody ever has that name. of course kids who do have that name probly get made fun of big time, but i think it would be worth it to me lol. do you know why he is called dexter? sorry about all the questions :o

offspringbaby2004
11-01-2004, 10:29 PM
I believe they call him that because he is such a smart ass :P Since he was going to school for his PHD and all, he is the "smart one" so they nicknamed him Dexter.

P.S
I actually do know someone that has the real name Dexter. Don't you think your parents would have like high expectations of you if they named you that? lol

Anyone correct me or add things if you think they need to be added. I don't want to give this girl the wrong information.

~mandy~

vintagepunkrock7
11-01-2004, 10:37 PM
PHD in what? and actually i am a girl, but honest mistake no offense taken lol maybe i should put my name in my signature hehe.

offspringbaby2004
11-01-2004, 10:43 PM
I KNEW YOU WERE A GIRL! LOL In another post I made sure I got it right, I am sorry about that lol, I was trying to type really fast because my mommy told me to get off the computer ...... :p lol anyways PHD in microbiology (i think)... he doesn't have his PHD yet though

http://www.dailytrojan.com/news/2004/04/12/Lifestyle/Dexter.Hollands.Opus-657046.shtml

go to that link, there is some information about it and some other stuff to :)

~mandy~

offspringueuse
11-02-2004, 12:15 AM
I LOVE NOODLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he's very funny!!!! in march he said me something but I didn't understand!!! lol! and he smiled me a lot!! it's so cute!!!! :)

La_Plume_Noire
11-02-2004, 12:33 AM
I LOVE NOODLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he's very funny!!!! in march he said me something but I didn't understand!!! lol! and he smiled me a lot!! it's so cute!!!! :)
Tien tien, une française !
You are lucky to have seen Noodles ! It's one of my dreams to see him ! Please make it real ! Pleeaasseeeee !!

Lithuanian Offspring
11-02-2004, 05:08 AM
In honor of one of the world's greatest guitarists i have changed my Avatar. Awesome!!! :D

La_Plume_Noire
11-02-2004, 06:21 AM
In honor of one of the world's greatest guitarists i have changed my Avatar. Awesome!!! :D
Yeah ! Good choice ! Mine is cool too ! :D

StayInTheHouseCarl
11-02-2004, 06:40 AM
actually, noodles' nickname came from the movie 'pink flamingoes'.

Jewel_Blue_Ibanez
11-02-2004, 11:08 AM
Holland actually had never attended a football game until last year, when he learned the marching band had been performing "The Kids Aren't Alright." He said he is flattered that the band wanted to play his music, and he thought there were some songs on the new album the band could do, including "Hit That" (which the band performed at the UCLA game) and "Neocon."

Now that I have to hear.

Sparkey
11-02-2004, 02:51 PM
Well, I havent read through the whole thing because im tight for time here, but I beleive they call him Noodles because of his acting carrer as a child where he played the part of someone called baby Noodles and the name just stuck with him...

NOT

the rumothat has gone around that he likes to noodle on his guitar...what the hell is noodling on a guitar!I'm an expirienced guitarist and I sure as hell don't know what it is!

(correct me if im wrong about anything)

and moving off the topic Dexter I beleive got his name becaue he is ver very clever...

but yes Noodles, Greg, Atom, Dexter and Ron all mean alot, they're all very awesome and my favourite band by far, but Noodles, to me is just that bit more, I think its because i relate to him a bit more than the others? Well, thats just me though :p Yea....I looove Ibanez, by far the best make of guitar

offspringbaby2004
11-02-2004, 02:57 PM
Well, I havent read through the whole thing because im tight for time here, but I beleive they call him Noodles because of his acting carrer as a child where he played the part of someone called baby Noodles and the name just stuck with him...

I thought Noodles was joking when he said that :S anyways, If you really want to know just ask Noodles when he comes around.

~mandy~

Sparkey
11-02-2004, 03:19 PM
Hmmm:S I dunno maybe he was...I shall have to ask him sometime....I'll have to go to the Cali gig and jump on stage to ask him

Tired_Of_You
11-02-2004, 04:00 PM
I thought Noodles was joking when he said that :S anyways, If you really want to know just ask Noodles when he comes around.

~mandy~

it was joke...

Special Delivery BR.
11-02-2004, 06:54 PM
No coments! Noodles rulez =P he's a very cool and funny guy!
All the members has something special..
dexter is my god! soo hot, his voice is the best!
noodles is a fuckin good guitarrist n' i wanna play like him =P
greg k is awsome.. i love to hear he playin te bass
and atom, is a new and greatttt member, very good drummer!

all them r awsome, and OFFSPRING is the BEST band !!!!

vintagepunkrock7
11-17-2004, 07:59 PM
wow, i didnt think how he got that name would be such an unknown thing! lol o well i was just wondering, either way noodles and his glasses are still awesome!

plastic_letterz
11-18-2004, 07:27 PM
I love noodles. he seems like such a nice guy. he's the only person i know of that can look cool with his glasses.

acgc2002
11-18-2004, 07:31 PM
Yeah...noodles is a cool man... his guitar sound is great and he is also good looking!!! :-)

Sketch
11-18-2004, 08:09 PM
actually, noodles' nickname came from the movie 'pink flamingoes'.

maybe i missed something but thats not where his nickname came from. its cause he always noodled on his guitar.

vintagepunkrock7
04-29-2005, 08:04 AM
i just have a quick question. does anyone know where i can find a good picture of the tattoo noodles has on his forearm? i think its a sacred heart thing.

ASP
04-29-2005, 06:47 PM
You have to admit that no one could be cooler than someone who lets every one call him something that crazy.He is also my favorite guitarist, and my favorite member of the band.

Mr. Noodles
04-29-2005, 11:56 PM
Hey guys, I was looking just now and saw several posts about Dexter, and realised there was no thread saying how awesome Noodles is! I had to make one! He's so freekin' awesome! I like his guitar hehe Ibanez NDM1 - very nice guitar.
That reminds me...
When's the last time Noodles has viewed the forum?

Telekinesis
04-30-2005, 05:43 AM
Noodles is a fuckwit, he perves on Greg and is an acholic chain smoker. I hate him.