PDA

View Full Version : Voice Activated Remote Control

Trip Boy
04-12-2005, 07:43 AM
So I was watching Good Morning America earlier today and they showed this new voice activated tv remote control (that should will be released later in 2005). All you have to do is talk into the remote control and it will turn to the channel...so for instance if I say "Sportscenter" the TV will automatcially turns to sportscenter. It also works with actors...so for instance if i say " Actor Tom Cruise" it will find all the movies that are on right now with Tom Cruise in them and show you a list.

A little cool...but why do you need a remote control where u don't even need to press the buttons?

What do you all think about it?

RXP
04-12-2005, 07:44 AM
it's fucking gay.

JohnnyNemesis
04-12-2005, 07:46 AM
For fuck's sake, all people have to do is press the goddamn buttons!

I've got to be honest, that invention kind of sickens me. I mean, it's kinda sad that we've grown so reliant on the remote anyway, when we could just get up and change the effing channel ourselves. But I like the remote control. A voice activated one? Completely unnecessary.

I'm kinda hoping I just fell for a prank of yours or something.

Noodles is gay
04-12-2005, 07:58 AM
Maybe voice activated is needed so when you damn yanks have pork rinds in one hand and a beer in t'other hand you can still change the channel on your idiot box.

JohnnyNemesis
04-12-2005, 08:03 AM
Maybe voice activated is needed so when you damn yanks have pork rinds in one hand and a beer in t'other hand you can still change the channel on your idiot box.

* replaces "beer" with "tea" and "pork rinds" with "several meat pies" *

Look at that! It applies to you folks too!

Noodles is gay
04-12-2005, 08:15 AM
dammit! just one thing; not 'several meat pies' just one large cornish pasty! :p lovely!

Trip Boy
04-12-2005, 09:18 AM

No dude, it's for real.

http://www.audioholics.com/news/pressreleases/PromptuVoiceActivatedRemote.php

Mannen som blev en gris
04-12-2005, 09:27 AM
That seems like a good idea...Almost as good as filling your car tiers with helium, which I got from Candid Camera. :)
Perhaps it wouldn't work on a car, but if you'd put it in a light moped, maybe you would save some gas.....Do you think it would work?

I know I'm stupid

Mannen som blev en gris
04-12-2005, 09:28 AM
Why do they have to make a voice activated remote? Why not just a voice activated T.V?
What I was wondering too. Or plug a microphone to it.

Inshane
04-12-2005, 09:52 AM
yeah great idea. Americans arent fat enough as it is. :\

foxy
04-12-2005, 09:56 AM
only a fat arsed yank could come up with that whats the mattr america to much exersise pushing button
cool idea though but a waste of time

burning-the-high-life
04-12-2005, 09:59 AM
For ###### sake, all people have to do is press the goddamn buttons!

I've got to be honest, that invention kind of sickens me. I mean, it's kinda sad that we've grown so reliant on the remote anyway, when we could just get up and change the effing channel ourselves. But I like the remote control. A voice activated one? Completely unnecessary.

yeah i think johnny said it best its no wonder more and more people are getting fat, why soon we're gonna have a robot that scratches your ass for you, i mean come on wtf

Rag Doll
04-12-2005, 10:38 AM
I saw that on GMA this morning too. I think the part where you say the show/channel is kind of stupid....but where you can find an actor, that's pretty nifty.

Trip Boy
04-13-2005, 02:34 PM
Yeah I agree on that part....if you feel like watching something rather then renting it could save you some stress...but not much.

Tired_Of_You
04-13-2005, 02:45 PM
I saw that on GMA this morning too. I think the part where you say the show/channel is kind of stupid....but where you can find an actor, that's pretty nifty.
Yeah, the actor thing can be useful I guess, but I think that's a stupid invention. Damn, it's not so hard to push a button or two.