PDA

View Full Version : These Things I Believe Part 4 (with 150% percent added calcium)

JohnnyNemesis
04-12-2005, 08:24 PM
Yup.

-The MLB season here in the US has just begun. If you're not a fan, you don't care, but if you are, you're probably just as excited as I am. I'm quite obsessed frankly. Yankees over Braves this year, I say. Randy Johnson gets the AL Cy Young award, while Tim Hudson gets the NL Cy Young award. The fact that my Cy Young picks just happen to play for my World Series picks is totally coincidental.

-My real name isn't Johnny. Say it aint so!

-Trip Boy, the alias, is way better than I ever gave him credit for. The original is still the standard, however.

-Everyone needs to click on that link on my signature.

-Anyone who orders burgers (or any other meat for that matter) anything but well-done is pretty disgusting. Not as disgusting as their burger however. I'm all about platano (or, as many of you would call it, plaintains) though, as far as foods go.

-Quick mini-survey: how often do you laundry, and when is it an emergency? I do it every week and a half or so, and it's an emergency if I see less than four pairs of clean underwear in my drawer, and a huge emergency if I'm on my last pair of underwear. Otherwise, I can get by, though I'm antsy if all of my clothing isn't 100% freshly washed.

Omni
04-12-2005, 08:25 PM
So what is your real name?

JohnnyNemesis
04-12-2005, 08:34 PM
Shit, I forgot to mention! Ricardo is my full first name, but Rick will do. Or whatever.

And while I'm at it, that Mega Man avatar that 0r4ng3 is using is one of the best I've ever seen.

Omni
04-12-2005, 08:40 PM
Well, I'm James... in case you or anyone else is wondering (which isn't likely). I'll download some of those songs in your first topic. I'll have to leave my computer overnight, this thing is a bitch to download with (each song is 20 - 40 minutes).

JohnnyNemesis
04-12-2005, 08:49 PM
Cool James, I hope you enjoy them and leave some feedback. Take care until then.

Betty
04-12-2005, 09:18 PM
I usually do laundry about every 2 weeks. (1, maybe 2 loads at this point) It's an emergency usually after about 3 weeks when I have no socks or underwear! (Obviously I have quite the stockpile since I can hold out that long... but I hate wearing the ugly ones.

I called you by your real name a little while ago... I wonder if that's what prompted this thought... reminded me of that PM you sent me a long time ago that said "Hi, my name's Rick..." I guess I was just thinking about how since your screen name is so user friendly, it's less tempting to try and address you by your real name. So I made the effort anyway. I guess its kinda like my screen name... I bet most people think it's my real name.

the_GoDdEsS
04-12-2005, 09:29 PM
I never asked about your name but noticed it in your e-mail addy. Question is which one do you prefer to be called on the forum?

Laundry? Really depends. Usually up to five days, sometimes even every day. I'm really moody with laundry.

Betty
04-12-2005, 09:55 PM
Laundry is expeeeeeensive...

Even if you don't need to go to a laundromat, it costs a lot for electricity...

Also it decreases the lifetime of your clothes. I wash my t-shirts and stuff after one wear, but try and wear my pants and sweaters a few times...

Sunny
04-12-2005, 10:01 PM
i totally agree about the burger thing.

laundry.... arg, I suck at it. it takes too much effort (washing machine & dryer are in the basement), too much money (i have to pay to use the washing machine and dryer, of course)... and just too much work, generally. I have a fuckload of clothes, so sometimes I go for 2 weeks without doing laundry. If I'm feeling super extra motivated (or bored), I'll do it once a week. It's only an emergency if I don't have clean undies/shirt.

right now we have three HUMONGOUS laundry bags filled with filthy shit. ergk. ;x

Jebus
04-12-2005, 10:04 PM
while I'm at it, that Mega Man avatar that 0r4ng3 is using is one of the best I've ever seen.
I concur .

UgLy_eLf
04-12-2005, 10:10 PM
I bathe in my clothes.

dirtybird
04-12-2005, 10:13 PM
Yup.

-The MLB season here in the US has just begun. If you're not a fan, you don't care, but if you are, you're probably just as excited as I am. I'm quite obsessed frankly. Yankees over Braves this year, I say. Randy Johnson gets the AL Cy Young award, while Tim Hudson gets the NL Cy Young award. The fact that my Cy Young picks just happen to play for my World Series picks is totally coincidental.

Meh, my Bravos will get you Yanks yet. Smoltzy had 15 strike outs through 7 innings the other night, they just kept him in too long. Once he gets used to the starter roll it's smooth sailing.

-My real name isn't Johnny. Say it aint so!

NO! Actually... I think I heard you say that before. Don't tell anyone, but mine's not dirtybird! =x

-Everyone needs to click on that link on my signature.

Not too shabby.

-Anyone who orders burgers (or any other meat for that matter) anything but well-done is pretty disgusting. Not as disgusting as their burger however. I'm all about platano (or, as many of you would call it, plaintains) though, as far as foods go.

Medium-rare baby, w00t!

-Quick mini-survey: how often do you laundry, and when is it an emergency? I do it every week and a half or so, and it's an emergency if I see less than four pairs of clean underwear in my drawer, and a huge emergency if I'm on my last pair of underwear. Otherwise, I can get by, though I'm antsy if all of my clothing isn't 100% freshly washed.

My mom does most of the laundry, but I have to once in a while and I do foldning quite often.

Jebus
04-12-2005, 10:15 PM
Medium-rare baby, w00t!
I concur with this aswell.

dirtybird
04-12-2005, 10:16 PM
Anything past medium is shitty. If you have to work at chewing your food, there's something wrong.

HornyPope
04-12-2005, 10:50 PM
MLB without Expos = teh lame. Fuck Bud, fuck Loria, fuck the Marlins, fuck the Braves, fuck the Phillies, fuck the Yankees and fuck all the 100-million dollar teams and the 100-million dollar players and fuck baseball.

I do my laundry almost twice a week. It just happens that I have to wash my kimano (actually it's not really a kimano but I don't know the english translation) very often so I lump the rest of the clothes in the machine.

Trip Boy
04-12-2005, 11:00 PM
-Trip Boy, the alias, is way better than I ever gave him credit for. The original is still the standard, however.

Thanks Rick! I really do appreciate that. It's always a pleasure reading your posts.

RedSlayer
04-13-2005, 01:06 AM
i belive from little to nothing in everything

Isolated Fury
04-13-2005, 04:08 AM
I'm pretty crazy about my laundry. If I don't have any boxers that match what I'm wearing, I can't wear those clothes. I know. It's odd...Anyway, that usually leads me to do my laundry two to three times a week. :rolleyes:

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-13-2005, 04:16 AM
Ricardo is my full first name, but Rick will do.

Well, that's my whole belief system down the toilet.

JohnnyNemesis
04-13-2005, 04:56 AM
^Ha!

Quote madness:

I called you by your real name a little while ago... I wonder if that's what prompted this thought

Nah, that's not what prompted it, but I thought it was pretty cool that you remembered!

I never asked about your name but noticed it in your e-mail addy. Question is which one do you prefer to be called on the forum?

Either one is cool, though Ricardo is a bit too formal. So Johnny, Rick, or whatever nickname you come up with for me would be fine.

Do you still remember how to pronounce my name?
Ay-Dree-Ann!

You're welcome Trip Boy, Braves aint winnin' shit this year, but Smoltz is still awesome. Expos fans should have cared about them BEFORE there were those rumors about them moving, but I do agree that the economic situation in baseball is downright appalling.

Interesting laundry habits too, everyone. *scribbles madly on my legal pad*

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-13-2005, 05:02 AM
I'm going to start calling you Andy.

JohnnyNemesis
04-13-2005, 05:03 AM
That just might be a bit confusing, but at least it's easier than the nickname I betsowed upon you, Bringer of Nights Unholy.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-13-2005, 05:09 AM
I don't think you can get that mixed up with anyone else.

JoY
04-13-2005, 05:42 AM
when it comes to meat, it has to be rare. not medium, not well done, fucking rare. if I order a cow, I want a fucking cow in my mouth, not a piece of shoe.

Ricardo is an awesome name, Ricardo.

I do my laundry only when it's an emergency. when I can't pile up my dirty laundry anywhere in my room anymore without occupying my bed with it, then I toss it in the washing machine. I never run out of clean clothes to wear, simply because I've got a massive amount of clothes. the costs for doing laundry aren't mine.

JohnnyNemesis
04-13-2005, 06:05 AM
Ricardo is an awesome name, Ricardo.

Admit it, it turns you on!

Turns you AWWWWWWWWN, even!

Mota Boy
04-13-2005, 08:14 AM
Plebian. Burgers need to be well-done, for sure, but quality red meat is at it's best when it's 100% raw.
Agreed.

And I once tried a Cuban pizza with, among other things, plantains and peas. It wasn't half bad.

JoY
04-13-2005, 08:15 AM
pizzas are under no circumstances Cuban.

Mota Boy
04-13-2005, 08:25 AM
Welcome to America, where everything is everything. This was in D.C., where down the street was a combination Cuban and Thai restaurant, and apparently there are plenty of combo Cuban-Chinese places around, if you know where to look.

Betty
04-13-2005, 08:58 AM
Burgers never get chewy or rubbery when they're well done, cause they're burgers. I think ground beef should be well-done.

As for steak or roast or something, I still like it well done just cause I like the taste better. I think if it's cooked properly and a good cut of meat, it isn't going to turn out all chewy either.

Just a Girl
04-13-2005, 10:31 AM
if I order a cow, I want a fucking cow in my mouth, not a piece of shoe.

i don't know why but that's really funny

JohnnyNemesis
04-13-2005, 01:45 PM
Burgers never get chewy or rubbery when they're well done, cause they're burgers. I think ground beef should be well-done.

As for steak or roast or something, I still like it well done just cause I like the taste better. I think if it's cooked properly and a good cut of meat, it isn't going to turn out all chewy either.

Preach it, sister. *waves hands in air*