PDA

View Full Version : Who's the best musician in this band(Offspring)?

Billy Joe(Thomas)
11-01-2004, 02:48 PM
I think it was the drummer who left I relly enjoyed to listen to sim drums but I didn't mean that I don't like the rest... they're a band u might think that 1 with ou the eachother is nothing ... I don't know.
FUCK blink 182

Hysteria
11-01-2004, 02:49 PM
What a stupid topic - you can't really justify who is the best musician in the band, they all play different instruments.

However, if I did have to choose, I'd choose Dexter, as he can write all the parts himself.

Billy Joe(Thomas)
11-01-2004, 02:53 PM
Bass, eletrical and even acoustic guitars are similar.
I can see that u can't play anything ... all right keep listening to offspring u'll see the differenceslike which one was more creative in each song(I know that one might give orders, of course it's a band but just don't include this point I just said).
DUMB

Hysteria
11-01-2004, 02:54 PM
Actually I do play something - I play drums in a band. ;)

willferno
11-01-2004, 02:56 PM
I like Creg at the bass, he isn't the best bassist I know but one of the best, the bass in self esteem is just great... whatever I choose him surely cuz I play bass so...

yamabeans709
11-01-2004, 02:57 PM
they're all good but i think greg should try to come up with more creative bass riffs, i think noodles is better at guitar then dexter, dexter has unique vocals and the old drummer was kick ass

Hysteria
11-01-2004, 03:01 PM
I'm sure Greg could come up with loads more creative riffs, but they just might not suit the style of music that the offspring play. But you never know :)

CommonRider
11-02-2004, 12:35 AM
Greg is actually very underrated, ive been listening to his bass lines recently, I Choose and Amazed have great base lines, Hit That's is cool too and of course Gotta Get Away.

Noodles has great riffs tho and I like his solos, and of course Atom is an awesome drummer.

Idiot
11-02-2004, 02:53 AM
Yeah, some of Greg's basslines are damn sweet.
Hit That has a brilliant bassline, just like Self-Esteem

nameless
11-26-2004, 04:32 PM
im not taking anything away from the band members but from what i hear dexter calls practically all the shots, greg k said in an interview that dexter comes to them with some nearly complete songs and they all work on finishing them, he says he might tinker with the bass lines a bit but its mainly done when we get it! im not sure if that is completely true!

i think that as the band say, none of them are excellent musicians - noodles once told a guitar magazine most of the readers could probably play a lot better than him! - its just them as a band and how they execute the songs!

offsprung
11-26-2004, 04:50 PM
they're all great

Fall-children
11-27-2004, 07:04 PM
the best bassist in the world is hunter burgan

nitropenguin!
11-27-2004, 07:19 PM
*sings* peanut butter jelly time, peanut butter jelly time! :)

bd007h
11-28-2004, 12:27 AM
I think the whole band as a whole is talented. Each member is talented in their own way. Atom is a better drummer than Greg, Dexter, and Noodles. Greg is a better bassist than Noodles, Atom, and Dexter. Dexter and Noodles are both good guitarests, but I think Noodles is better. I can't decide yet whether Atom or Ron is better. Ron I was more used to, but Atom was the drummer the only time I've seen the Offspring live. Atom has an amazing stage presence. He blew me away. I haven't seen Ron live though, so I can't really compare.

bd007h
11-28-2004, 12:28 AM
the best bassist in the world is hunter burgan

I'd second that. I think Mike Balzary (AKA Flea) of the Red Hot Chili Peppers is the best bassist.

Obie2trice
11-28-2004, 01:26 AM
They are all great musicians, but Dexter is the best, He is the one that writes all the music and lyrics

offspringueuse
11-28-2004, 01:29 AM
i think noodles is better than dexter at the guitar, but they play very well each other!

RobinoZombie
11-28-2004, 01:39 AM
I'd second that. I think Mike Balzary (AKA Flea) of the Red Hot Chili Peppers is the best bassist.

Duh?
Ever heard Les Claypool or John Patituchi?
Or some old jazz standing bass player?
damn...those are good :D

And for the fact, greg kan play...Like Da hui, its pretty fast, and he has his unique kinda picking style, and in come out swinging he also strummes pretty damn fast...(nothing compared to Hunters Sacrifice theory) but its cool anyway. and i dont think that He can fill up more then he already does, it would sound strange if he started do stuff like Mike Dirnt(bassist of green day) with alot of hammerons and pulloffs and to mixthings up.
but he is a good bassist...sure. I also like his work in me and my old lady & why dont you get a job...
In the old days he had some cool bass intros also..dont remember which though(too hungover)