PDA

View Full Version : Procrastination

dirtybird
04-13-2005, 05:13 PM
Why do we do it? We know very well that we will be in deep shit when the deadline comes, yet we put off and put off. One of my favorite quotes talks about that:

"Procrastination is like mastrubation; you're just screwing yourself in the end."

Jebus
04-13-2005, 05:25 PM
Heh, that's a funny quote.
I've been a giant procrastinator ever since 1st grade. I think I actually do it on purpose subconsciously becasue I seem to work better under pressure. There's a 99% chance that i'll be working on my term paper at 4 am on friday when it's due.

dirtybird
04-13-2005, 05:27 PM
Same... except I hate working under pressure even though I'm good at it.

Jebus
04-13-2005, 05:33 PM
Yeah, I hate working under pressure too, but I always seem to find the way to finish. The strange thing is that I do better work while procrastinating than when I take my time. I usally try to avoid procrastination but it always seems to follow me around and I can't shake it.

dirtybird
04-13-2005, 05:35 PM
Same. If something's not due in the next few minutes, I don't see a reason to do my best on it. I'd rather concentrate on the present.

Tired_Of_You
04-13-2005, 05:35 PM
I've been a giant procrastinator ever since 1st grade. I think I actually do it on purpose subconsciously becasue I seem to work better under pressure. There's a 99% chance that i'll be working on my term paper at 4 am on friday when it's due.
Same for me. I need to do something at the last minute to do it perfectly most of the time. Always worked.

dirtybird
04-13-2005, 05:37 PM
My problem is that I have close to 50 math problems, notes to take on 10 pages, an outline for an essay, and some Spanish stuff I haven't looked at due tomorrow and I'm sitting here telling you about it.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-13-2005, 05:39 PM
The only work I ever planned ahead with was my GCSE revision. Everything else was procrastinated. I once scribbled out an essay at 3am about Great Expectations. It was only meant to be the first draft, but I got 51/52 for it and the teacher said there was no need for any redrafts.

Wahey, I said.

Jebus
04-13-2005, 05:41 PM
I swear, I've been through weeks without opening my backpack at home. Most of the time I end up doing my homework right before school starts, and I'm able to keep a decent grade.

dirtybird
04-13-2005, 05:42 PM
I've done that... I missed the first day of class when our teacher was explaining the assignment, so I learned the day before it was due that I had to redo it (He had told me it was fine before; the fucking liar). I ended up with a 96.

Sinister
04-13-2005, 06:35 PM
I'm also a master of procrastination. like, I had to make a website and e-mail the URL to my teacher before a Friday, and I mailed it on thursday at 11:50 PM or so