PDA

View Full Version : Fucking hell, The Offspring are a pop group, and they still rule.

JohnnyNemesis
04-13-2005, 07:43 PM
You heard me. Stop saying that some songs are pop songs and some are punk and all that ridiculous nonsense. ALL OF THEIR SONGS ARE POP-PUNK SONGS. THEY ARE A POP-PUNK BAND!

And you know what? They're still the best ever in my opinion. Pop doesn't automatically mean bad, and this band is proof. Sure, most pop music is ridiculous bullshit, but The Offspring is an amazing group. Just don't delude yourself into thinking that they're something they're not.

Drummerguy123
04-13-2005, 11:06 PM
I have to disagree with you there. The Offspring are popular, but they still play pretty hardcore punk. Look at All I want, So Alone, and Can't get my Head around you.

dirtybird
04-13-2005, 11:06 PM
You heard me. Stop saying that some songs are pop songs and some are punk and all that ridiculous nonsense. ALL OF THEIR SONGS ARE POP-PUNK SONGS. THEY ARE A POP-PUNK BAND!

And you know what? They're still the best ever in my opinion. Pop doesn't automatically mean bad, and this band is proof. Sure, most pop music is ridiculous bullshit, but The Offspring is an amazing group. Just don't delude yourself into thinking that they're something they're not.

You mean nowadays, not past as in Ignition and Self Titled, even Smash, right? I agree they are now.

Caijs
04-14-2005, 01:08 AM

whatever man. there pop songs are crap.

Aimeht
04-14-2005, 03:41 AM
I disagree, I think they are more punk than pop. Even thought the Offspring is pretty hard to 'decide' what it is, cause they have such different sounds. They have been called punk, skate-punk, punk-rock, rock, ska, pop...
Why do we have to decide what their music is called? I don't give a damn, I just listen to the music and I know it's the best, whatever it's called. *High five*

offspringrammsteinfan
04-14-2005, 03:43 AM
I disagree, I think they are more punk than pop. Even thought the Offspring is pretty hard to 'decide' what it is, cause they have such different sounds. They have been called punk, skate-punk, punk-rock, rock, ska, pop...
Why do we have to decide what their music is called? I don't give a damn, I just listen to the music and I know it's the best, whatever it's called. *High five*

Yeah, yeah, yeah... I give u a *high five* :D

Zee
04-14-2005, 04:16 AM
They are whatever the fuck you want them to be. Some may think they're a pop band, some may think they're a rock band. Choose whatever floats your boat the best and makes you feel most comfortable. I'm not saying there's anything wrong you saying they're a pop band, that's your opinion...

offspringrammsteinfan
04-14-2005, 04:30 AM
They are whatever the fuck you want them to be. Some may think they're a pop band, some may think they're a rock band. Choose whatever floats your boat the best and makes you feel most comfortable. I'm not saying there's anything wrong you saying they're a pop band, that's your opinion...

you know "I JUST DON'T GIVE A FUCK".

Aimeht
04-14-2005, 05:00 AM
Chill.

Dr.Faustus
04-14-2005, 05:13 AM

I agree with what you're saying except that they're older stuff isn't 'pop-punk'.

JohnnyNemesis
04-14-2005, 05:49 AM
Look at All I want, So Alone, and Can't get my Head around you.

So Alone is the only song there that isn't pop-punk.

You mean nowadays, not past as in Ignition and Self Titled, even Smash, right? I agree they are now.

No, I mean always. You don't have to be popular to be a pop-punk band. It's a kind of music.

No Hero, Kick Him When He's Down, Crossroads, What Happened To You, Dirty Magic, all of those are kick-ass pop-punk songs from their first three albums.

I agree, but my point is that no matter WHAT they are, they are the best band ever. Pop, punk, rock, whatever, The Offspring rule, so people should stop acting like it even makes a difference what category they fall into.

HeadAroundU
04-14-2005, 05:50 AM

no way!!!
You are wrong!
I disagree with you :)

Striker
04-14-2005, 06:07 AM
No Hero, Kick Him When He's Down, Crossroads, What Happened To You, Dirty Magic, all of those are kick-ass pop-punk songs from their first three albums.

Wtf? Are you saying that a slow song or a song with catchy rhythm immediately becomes pop-punk? Dude, you're totally wrong...(Crossroads and Kick him when he's down = pop punk. You made me laugh)...

Hypodermic_89
04-14-2005, 06:10 AM

The Offspring have said themselves that they are a punkrock band. And i think that they know that a little better than you do

JohnnyNemesis
04-14-2005, 06:13 AM
^Pop-Punk is STILL PUNKROCK.

Striker
04-14-2005, 06:15 AM
You are totally confused. POP PUNK means both pop and punk. Like Hit that. Think about it.

JohnnyNemesis
04-14-2005, 06:17 AM
I know that-that's common sense. But pop and punk is still punk.

Either way, the main point is that it doesn't matter, because they're the best.

Striker
04-14-2005, 06:20 AM
I can do nothing else but agree. They are the BEST.

JohnnyNemesis
04-14-2005, 06:20 AM
*shakes your hand* Yes!

Mannen som blev en gris
04-14-2005, 07:37 AM
It's pretty fun....none of their fans (except you) accept them for being a pop group. After all, that's what they've become. But it depends on which songs you listen to aswell. As you said, they rule anyway. :cool: