PDA

View Full Version : Bad Credit Card Experiences?

wheelchairman
04-14-2005, 08:42 AM
Share your bad credit card experiences anyone?

I just experienced one today. I'm in the market for a 50 watt amplifier for my guitar. Currently, I have absolutely no money. So I was looking for one abnormally below the normal price.

So my friends and I head down to this guitar store near the center of Copenhagen. I tell the clerk-guy what a want, now unfortunately because of my accent, the numbers 2 and 12 sound sometimes similar out of my mouth. (Remember a Danish is a language that swallows most of it's sounds, so to and tolv can sound similar if you fucking suck.) So when I said for 2000 kr.* or less, he heard 12,000 kr. or less.

So he shows me the perfect amp. And tells me the price, the actual price is 11,995 kr., but I for some reason, thought it was 1,195 and was extremely happy for such a good deal.

I purchase the thing, and then I see the receipt, 11,995 kr. Nearly shit myself. I told him I couldn't afford it. And he says I need to call my bank to fix it. So I hurry on home to call my bank. I call them up, and apparently, they can't fix it yet, it's actually the store that must.

So I go back to the store, tell them it's their problem. And now either they will stop the exchange, or they will put the money back into my account.

Pain in the ass.

*350 US dollars/270 Euros, (so that means he heard 3500 US dollars/2700 Euros)

Gordie
04-14-2005, 08:44 AM
ouch, thats rough man.. credits definatley not something to fuck with tho hey..

JohnnyNemesis
04-14-2005, 08:51 AM
Fuck!

I opened up a checking account recently, and I've heard so many horror stories about credit cards that I had to reject that offer. But yikes, that sounds horrible!

Lars
04-14-2005, 09:10 AM
Well just a bit of a shitty one. My recent statement that came for my credit card has this "late payment fee" of 20 listed there. I had to ask wtf it was cause I've never paid my card late. Turns out the unreliable royal mail lost my statement from last month and because I was so busy last month it never even came into my head that statement never arrived.

I phoned up the company yesterday and the security questions they ask... really "can you tell me the date of a purchase after your statement was sent" oh gee let me think, nope cause sometimes it takes time for them to appear on the system and I couldn't actually think of one off hand. Needless to say I did manage to talk to them and they told me I should contact the postal service about the lost statement. As if they'll do anything, and after that, if there's no luck (cause there won't be, they're not going to go and give me 20) then I should write a letter to the head office. I hardly see HSBC giving me my 20 back for a problem that evovled through postal neglegence. It's worth a shot though, sometimes my writing is convincing.

Or I could think the bank just decided they'd had enough from me paying on time every month and wanted to get some cash from me for once.

Diamond Dee
04-14-2005, 09:35 AM
Last year I made a payment to my credit card over the internet as I usually do. It withdraws money from my checking account. Well the bank decided to send them my initial payment of $700 and then an additional $700 for the hell of it. I received a notice from the bank stating that they had to cover some checks that didn't clear because of my account balance so I started my investigating. I found the problem and spent my time on the phone getting things taken care of. It was annoying and it wasted a lot of my time since the bank wanted to point the finger at the credit card company and vice versa.

Sunny
04-14-2005, 09:53 AM
bad experiences? oh, i have more than one.

February 04, I think.. I lost my wallet. I didn't realize it until I went online and saw that $400 was missing from my account. Some son of a bitch went shopping with it.. at MACY'S, of all fucking places!! MACY'S!!!

not that i'd be any happier if they went to Bendell's.

Second time, February this year.. I got a call from my bank regarding "suspicious activity" on lost card. Some fucking whoreface went to Banana Republic (ew), Victoria's Secret AND BACK to Banana Republic.. AND got a MetroCard. Total of over $800.

Third time there was no fraud involved. I bought a PSP and got charged twice. $640 instead of $320. MOTHER FUCKING HELL.

>_<

RXP
04-14-2005, 10:20 AM
Do you not get your cards insured?

I only have a debit card. I'm never getting a credit card.

Betty
04-14-2005, 10:23 AM
I have a credit card simply because it's one of those "trying to be responsible and grown up" things I have done. This way I can start getting a good credit rating as opposed to no credit rating so that when I need it, I won't have problems. It is also good for ordering things online... that's basically the only time I use it. I honestly don't see the point of using it as opposed to debit, because I wouldn't want to buy something if I couldn't immediately pay for it. At least at this stage in my life, it would be dumb.

Endymion
04-14-2005, 10:41 AM
i've got great credit.

win.

Vera
04-14-2005, 10:49 AM
My bank credits showed it charging my Visa Electron TWICE for the Incredibles DVD I bought a few days back. I did some calculations and saw that no extra money was missing, so all well, I guess.

foxy
04-14-2005, 11:21 AM
my mum "lost" hers and then my playstaition 2 magically arived alond with ignition and CO1