PDA

View Full Version : Huck it

luzomaira
04-14-2005, 01:02 PM

Mannen som blev en gris
04-14-2005, 01:02 PM
Let's start with "huck". What does it mean?

0r4ng3
04-14-2005, 01:04 PM
I wonder what the lyrics of this song mean... anyone knows?

before we figure out what they mean, what ARE the words to Huck it?
________
IOLITE VAPORIZER SMELL (http://vaporizerinfo.com/)

Mannen som blev en gris
04-14-2005, 01:06 PM
Hitting walls for a feet
With our friends and we hear this free
All the dogs, dropping bombs
He see

HUCK IT
You don't have the ties
You won't have the eyes
HUCK IT
Cause you realize
You don't need to justify
That cable show is not the lives we know

Drop a bomb in the publics eye
Fuck the Spartans they always lie
You are pointing to go fast and GO

Broken bombs and baking skin
Notify your next of kin
You'll know you'll come alive some day

HUCK IT
Now you feel alive,
stinks like shit all the time
HUCK IT
Its like you gotta try
risky shit, by the time

You can not practice lay it on the line

HUCK IT
Now you're down in luck
cause you dont give a fuck

HUCK IT
And go by the time
You go out doin what you know
no talking shit just leave it all and go home

HUCK IT
Now youll feel alive

HUCK IT
Like you gotta try
risky shit by the time
cant practice just lay it on the line

HUCK IT
Now you're down in luck

HUCK IT
And go by the time

notoriousdoc
04-14-2005, 01:18 PM
i always thought "huck" meant throw as in "he hucked shit at me" :o

Mannen som blev en gris
04-14-2005, 01:20 PM
Someone should ask Noodles is Gay to figure it out.

0r4ng3
04-14-2005, 01:21 PM
good idea

btw did NiG do any other songs besides lightning rod and the noose?
________
GRANNY SEX (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/23/granny/videos/1)

Mannen som blev en gris
04-14-2005, 01:22 PM
Not that I know of. I'll send her a PM now.

Jimbob2005
04-14-2005, 01:38 PM
When i made a thread asking this, a response was that it was about making the most of your life......apparently.......

Mannen som blev en gris
04-14-2005, 02:04 PM
hahaha!

wicked - i can try but i'm not too sure because i always thought 'huck' meant to persist at something constantly, even when the 'going gets tough' so to speak.

I'll look...

Jen

Let's see if she'll come up with something.

Noodles is gay
04-14-2005, 02:21 PM
^ done, but unsure (damn, lightening rod was easier than this! fuck, even parts of Chaucer are easier!)

Ah, the lovely NiG shall have a go at deciphering this Morse code...you may disagree with me but here's what I got:

huck: "In Mountain Biking terms to jump off/drop from a height to flat land"

Yeah, I think that's what it's about! So simple! Like extreme sports, and how people risk their lives just for the thrill of it (not necessarily just Mountain biking)

You don't have the ties You won't have the eyes

People participating in these sports aren't restricted by the conventional bonds placed on people by society (the 'ties' perhaps being actual ties that people wear in offices or just like bindings, either works well). The second bit about eyes is basically that you can't believe what you see some people do with a board/blades/bmx bike type thing.

"Cause you realize you don't need to justify
That cable show is not the lives we know"

One doesn't need a reason to go out and do this crazy stuff because it's just worth it. The cable show bit is about extreme sports shows on TV - they're really nothing like actually doing the sport so something different.

Fuck the Sponsors they always lie

The public don't know about what can be achieved in these sports so participants need to get out there and 'drop the bomb' (show the ignorant what their sport is about).
'Fuck the sponsors' methinks this bit is most reminiscent of extreme sports - getting sponsored has become what it's about and the sponsors just want money and 'always lie'. easy.

Now you feel alive, stinks like shit all the time

Feel alive from the adrenaline, smell because of the sweat.

Its like you gotta try risky shit,

stunts get bigger and bigger as participants get better.

by the time You can not practice lay it on the line

'by the time you cannot practice' - once you're too old to practice any more (hurts too much, bones break etc.) 'lay it on the line' - put the sport aside because otherwise one will kill oneself.

Now you're down in luck cause you don't give a fuck

The wipeouts are starting to hurt, having a bad day

And go by the time You go out doin what you know

'go out' = die? You die doing what you like doing (what you know how to do)

don't bother talking bullshit on a bad day, just give up for the day and go home.

The 'huck it' bits are like friends urging the people on and chanting before someone makes a huge jump or summat? representative?

Now, i wrote this rather fast so i'm kinda unsure but whatever - just my personal view after giving it a lookie. :D Any comments? additions? abuse? :p

Dexter_italy
04-14-2005, 03:27 PM
I don't really think it's about extreem sports, it would be such an easy theme... it's based (i think) upon society, some parts could have the same meaning as an extreem sport, like to "shock". But I don't think it says "Fuck the sponsor" come on sounds ridiculous......fuck the spartans has more sense. For who doesn't know spartans were fighters who care only about war,and had no personal life..... (this is my opinion)
________
Bondage pantyhose (http://www.fucktube.com/categories/398/pantyhose/videos/1)

Amanda
04-14-2005, 03:30 PM
When i made a thread asking this, a response was that it was about making the most of your life......apparently.......
Hahaha! Thats a whole lotta bullshit! Everything else i agree with...

Dr.Faustus
04-15-2005, 04:29 AM
Huck it meanas Fuck It. :D

Mannen som blev en gris
04-15-2005, 10:07 AM
I don't really think it's about extreem sports, it would be such an easy theme... it's based (i think) upon society, some parts could have the same meaning as an extreem sport, like to "shock". But I don't think it says "Fuck the sponsor" come on sounds ridiculous......fuck the spartans has more sense. For who doesn't know spartans were fighters who care only about war,and had no personal life..... (this is my opinion)
Do you know what's on the Huck It dvd? Check it out....Then it all makes sense.

God job NiG!

Jimbob2005
04-15-2005, 10:40 AM
Huck it meanas Fuck It. :D
That's what i did think

Noodles is gay
04-15-2005, 11:38 AM
But I don't think it says "Fuck the sponsor" come on sounds ridiculous......fuck the spartans has more sense. For who doesn't know spartans were fighters who care only about war,and had no personal life..... (this is my opinion)

seeing as you're new you don't know this but; I'M THIS BOARD'S RESIDENT CLASSICIST! I know who the fucking Spartans were! I've practically dedicated my life thus far to studying them!

And actually they did have personal lives - wives, children, their own homes, slaves, farms etc. They didn't only care about war - they cared about being READY for war and ready to defend Lakedaemon from anyone.

Go listen to it again! Ther is no 't' in that word, Dexter says SPONSORS! It's clearly sponsors, mayhap you need to get yourself some new speakers so you can hear the lyrics clearly? I don't know where you're from but possibly you need to work on your English?

Mannen som blev en gris
04-15-2005, 11:45 AM
I don't know where you're from but possibly you need to work on your English?
Look at his name ;)

But it the lyrics it says "spartans", I'll listen to it and see what I think. He is saying "sponsors".

Noodles is gay
04-15-2005, 11:49 AM
^ certainly is.

yeah - i didn't bother looking at his name (the fact that i'm English and he's Italian...hummm) - but i can clearly hear 'sponsors'. If you look at other lyrics they often say different things...

Mannen som blev en gris
04-15-2005, 11:53 AM
Although there's just a few results if you search for "offspring lyrics huck it fuck the sponsors they always lie".....

Noodles is gay
04-15-2005, 11:57 AM
I don't care - he DEFINATELY says 'sponsors'! If it was spartans you would hear a 't' in the word and there clearly isn't one ('t' is a very recognizable sound).

*cough* English is first language *cough*

Sorry, i just know i'm right! I would notice Spartans! I always look for references to classics! :D

Mannen som blev en gris
04-15-2005, 12:02 PM
I marked that part in WavePad (http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/) and played it over and over again, and he might actually be singing "spartans" :eek: .I'm not so sure now...

Noodles is gay
04-15-2005, 12:05 PM
NO! HE IS NOT!!!

I can tell you for certain that he's not! There is no T!

Mannen som blev en gris
04-15-2005, 12:09 PM
Well, it's a lot of music in the background so it's hard to tell...

0r4ng3
04-15-2005, 12:14 PM
its definately sponsors. where did everyone else get spartans? i went on like 5 different sites that all said sponsors. can someone pleez show me a lyrics site where they say spartans?
________
Vaporizers (http://twitter.com/vaporizer)

Mannen som blev en gris
04-15-2005, 12:15 PM
Search for "lyrics offspring huck it". Most will say spartans.

Mannen som blev en gris
04-15-2005, 12:17 PM
But NiG, if it actually was spartans, what could that mean? I think the message of the song will still be the same.

0r4ng3
04-15-2005, 12:18 PM
when did spartans lie? do they always lie? i dont think that's what the song is about...
________
DANISH COOKING (http://www.cooking-chef.com/danish/)

Mannen som blev en gris
04-15-2005, 12:20 PM
makes sense....^ But it's strange most of the sites still says that.

Noodles is gay
04-15-2005, 12:24 PM
^ they're probably not English and can't quite get the accent?

Mannen som blev en gris: I think the song could still be interpreted in the same way IF it did say Spartans (it doesn't).

Fuck the Spartans they always lie

Basically; don't care about the Spartans because they're dead, and you could be too during these sports? Or even (possibility!) that the Spartans are dead, but still well-known so these kids may die but still be remembered? Hummmm...yeah well ( i think that's taking it a tad too deep.)

when did spartans lie? do they always lie? i dont think that's what the song is about...

mayhap it would mean 'lie' in a euphemistic sense? i.e. the Spartans lie dead, which would be true (poor Spartans :()

Mannen som blev en gris
04-15-2005, 12:28 PM
^ they're probably not English and can't quite get the accent?
Maybe you can't quite get the accent??? :eek: :D

Noodles is gay
04-15-2005, 12:32 PM
Maybe you can't quite get the accent??? :eek: :D

:mad: don't start!

I get the accent - english is my first language and i'm telling you that there's no fucking 'T' in that word! I don't see how anyone in their right mind can hear a T!

I pride myself on my accent; and now i'm off for a good cup of tea, cheerio :p

Mannen som blev en gris
04-15-2005, 12:36 PM
You just hate being wrong, don't you? :) I'm just kidding......don't hate me, I have enough of those in real life (and here.... :o )

leo3375
04-16-2005, 01:37 PM
Hope you don't mind me editing the posted lyrics for what I write down. It makes a lot more sense, too.

Hitting walls for a fee
With our friends every hit is free
All the dogs, dropping bombs
You'll see

HUCK IT
You don't advertise
You won't agonize
HUCK IT
Cause you realize
You don't need to justify
That cable show is not the lives we know

Fuck the sponsors. they always lie
You are poised to go fast and GO

Broken bombs and baking skin
Notify your next of kin
You'll know you'll come alive some day

HUCK IT
Now you feel alive,
HUCK IT
Its like you gotta try
risky shit, by the time
You can not practice lay it on the line

HUCK IT
Now you're down in luck
HUCK IT
And go by the time

Mannen som blev en gris
04-16-2005, 01:50 PM
I just copy-pasted the first google result, didn't bother checking if it was right.

Pay The Man
04-16-2005, 04:51 PM
Are you listening to the same song???

It is so clearly SPONSORS its unbelievable anyone could think anything else.

NiG is correct, and think the song is about that too.

Dexter_italy
04-16-2005, 05:39 PM
Dear noodles_is_gay i've got the huck it dvd and I know that they do extreem sports, what I was saying was that dexter/theoffspring wouldn't write a song about sponsors!
you should wash you ears anyway beacause he says sparTans, not beacause is written somewehere but 'cause you can ear it very well.....but if you think he says sponsor then good for you....the important thing is that you believe it....I don't really care. when I tried to explain who were the spartans I wasn't telling directly to you....it seemed you took it so seriuolsy man!

I don't really need to work on my english to hear the difference between a T or an S
Did you noticed Huck it isn't in the list of the poll Dexter on the song??
________
Amateur videos xxx (http://www.fucktube.com/)

Telekinesis
04-16-2005, 05:44 PM
I always think of phlegm when I hear this song

0r4ng3
04-16-2005, 09:23 PM
phlegm? great, now im gonna think of phlegm when i hear this song...
________
HOW TO GRILL FOOD (http://www.cooking-chef.com/grilling/)

911carrera4
04-16-2005, 10:39 PM
huck: "In Mountain Biking terms to jump off/drop from a height to flat land"

from urbandictionary

thats what i always thought it was...