PDA

View Full Version : Is Hull a rubbish place?

Jimbob2005
04-15-2005, 11:02 AM
Anyone who lives/even been/ in/to Hull or knows anything about the place, is it a good city? I heard that it is rubbish

The reason I am asking is because I might choose to go to the University of Hull next year - it is the only uni that does Computer Games Development :D

foxy
04-15-2005, 01:53 PM
they have a big bridge and a uni that does games development

Chris
04-15-2005, 04:36 PM
I've got two friends who went to Newcastle to do Computer Games Programming/Designing - try there instead

Noodles is gay
04-15-2005, 05:22 PM
^ I heard that Newcastle was still a very industrial city and very grey etc. you know if that's true?

Is Hull a rubbish place?

no, that would be Coventry that you're thinking of there. :(

Chris
04-15-2005, 05:26 PM
Well come one - it's gotta be better than a traditional fishing town! Hull's near Grimsby isn't it? That kinda settles that one, although admittedly I couldn't live any further from the north (yay for the sunny south) so I shan't entirely base my opinions on stereotypes. No complaints from my friends though and sounds like a good university as well.

Noodles is gay
04-15-2005, 05:28 PM
hummm ok cheers - i'm thinking of perhaps applying there when i get rejected from Cambridge for classics :p

Chris
04-15-2005, 05:34 PM
ahh although I must add, I really meant Teeside Uni, which is within the vicinity - Warwick's a well respected Uni nearby - considered there (if it offers your course)?

Noodles is gay
04-15-2005, 05:36 PM
Oh right.

Nah; Warwick is far too close to my parents :eek: I must get as far away as physically possible (St Andrews...).

Chris
04-15-2005, 05:51 PM
hah good idea! sometimes I think maybe I shoulda gone further afield but alas, shall be making the most of my last year

Vicky
04-16-2005, 12:51 AM
Anyone who lives/even been/ in/to Hull or knows anything about the place, is it a good city? I heard that it is rubbish

The reason I am asking is because I might choose to go to the University of Hull next year - it is the only uni that does Computer Games Development :D

Hull is pants, its in a crap scabby bit of yorkshire.

Jimbob2005
04-16-2005, 12:55 AM
I've got two friends who went to Newcastle to do Computer Games Programming/Designing - try there instead
Does Newcastle do it? ad no idea, damnit I should have grabbed a prospectus at the fair in Thursday earlier this week. I'll have to try and grab one from somewhere else (such as the university itself). Yeah, ok, I'll think about it.

Oh, and to everyone else, cheers for your replies.

Vicky
04-16-2005, 01:01 AM
I've seen what goes into the river >.< eugh. It goes through Leeds & my town, and the other that it joins with goes through Wakefield, so it gets full of dirty horrible things before it gets here, then it gets full of excess chemicals from the chemical plant in my town, past a sewage works (gets stuff from there too), gets excess crap from 2 or 3 power stations, then it gets to go through Goole and Hull. Its not very nice!
Its also scabby and not really a nice place in general.. and its cold & rainy lots.

offspringofjames
04-19-2005, 06:21 AM
Hull Is Amazing You Bastards!
You Dont Know Anything About Hull!

Vicky
04-19-2005, 07:46 AM
Yes.. I do.. :/