PDA

View Full Version : Worst instrument brand?

neocon58
04-15-2005, 09:54 PM
Ibanez (yeah, right), Gibson, Epiphone, Pearl, Yamaha, TAMA. You get the picture, crappest brand of instrument (any instrument, guitar, bass, drums, anything.)

This should start some fights.

Anyway, I pic ashton. australian brand, great for beginners but for someone playing for a while its pretty meh. i guess i should be patriotic and stand up for my country, but whatever.

Oh yeah, i couldnt be rooted doin a search, so if this thread already exists, oopsy daisy.

Jebus
04-15-2005, 10:32 PM
I dont think those cheap unknown begginer guitars should really count. There's alot of those that are obviously going to suck.

My least favorite has to be fender. It isn't exactly bad, but it just isn't my cup of tea.

Gordie
04-15-2005, 11:08 PM
I dont think those cheap unknown begginer guitars should really count. There's alot of those that are obviously going to suck.

My least favorite has to be fender. It isn't exactly bad, but it just isn't my cup of ta.

fenders are disgusting.. i cant stand ppl who are like "omg i have a fender strat!".. good for you, it still looks like shit :cool:

Donkey Kong
04-16-2005, 01:02 AM
right. fender....
gibsons are the real ones (and epiphones the cheaper reals ones).

sebaspunk
04-16-2005, 01:07 AM
yes fender i agree

Ibanez are the best for me

ThrashedThrasher
04-16-2005, 01:44 AM
Fender is shite, Yamaha is shite, B.C. Rich piss me off, Washburn are shite and Peavey also piss me off.

I myself still have my cheap beginner's guitar that oddly enough is still in one piece. ( I , on more than one occasion have someone dropped the thing from the bed of our truck and I think I kicked it off stage one day too....I used it for basically anything that may hurt my other guitar )

I also have an Epiphone Les Paul something or rather ( it's my guitar teacher's , I bought it off him yay!)

neocon58
04-16-2005, 03:28 AM
ok, my vote changed to bc rich, played several, played shit, sounded shit.

Web_Dude
04-16-2005, 03:31 AM
fenders are disgusting.. i cant stand ppl who are like "omg i have a fender strat!".. good for you, it still looks like shit :cool:
Fenders are okay if you steer away from the cruddy 'Strat' beginners guitars and get an actual Stratocaster.

Jebus
04-16-2005, 02:03 PM
The Stratocaster's single coils are godly for cleans, but I prefer humbuckers when it comes to distortion.

04-17-2005, 07:58 PM
I dont like Fenders but Ibanez's rock. I have an offbrand but its a Les Paul rip off its kickass tho.

SkunkIt
04-17-2005, 08:04 PM
Any instrument made by Yamaha and Adam drums

Heat
04-18-2005, 07:43 AM
I also don't like Fender... its the was how they look, they're expensive (you have to pay sometimes to much for the name...) and the sound isnt that, what i'm looking for :p

valisicus
04-18-2005, 09:07 AM
i got a question. is silvertone a decent band(was thinkin about gettin one). im poor and will go with what ever i can get.

Josh Freese
04-18-2005, 09:11 AM
Yamaha drums are okay. I dont know about guitars...

The Talking Pie
04-19-2005, 01:03 PM
My best guitar's a Yamaha. And I have a Les Paul and Stratocaster to compare it to. Sometimes the cheap ones give you a nice sound...

bouncingcoles
04-20-2005, 08:38 AM
Ibanez (yeah, right), Gibson, Epiphone, Pearl, Yamaha, TAMA. You get the picture, crappest brand of instrument (any instrument, guitar, bass, drums, anything.)

This should start some fights.

Anyway, I pic ashton. australian brand, great for beginners but for someone playing for a while its pretty meh. i guess i should be patriotic and stand up for my country, but whatever.

Oh yeah, i couldnt be rooted doin a search, so if this thread already exists, oopsy daisy.

HONDO.....and HARMONY!

Iddy
04-20-2005, 09:36 AM
You can't buy class, but you can bluff it with a Gibson

turb0negr0
04-23-2005, 09:58 AM
HONDO.....

I agree 100%

Hondo basses suck ass, I feel sorry for anyone that buys one.
I still have my old one, it is pure shit.
There are two cracks in the wood coming from the bridge,
there is a crack on the tuning heads, and the electronics went out.
I always got pissed at it, and smashed it on stuff, so there's about six HUGE chips in it.
The only reason I still have it, is so I can try taking the frets off.

TheUnholyNightbringer
04-23-2005, 10:32 AM
As a bass player, I'd have to say Fender, purely because their basses are either Jazzes or Precisions. There's 40+ Fender basses, and 98% of them are modifications on either the Precision design or the Jazz. "Closet Classic" my ass, it's a Precision that has better specs.

StayInTheHouseCarl
04-24-2005, 09:18 PM
OC drums.....

Skip91
04-26-2005, 02:35 AM
Monterey are like, the cheapest brand i've ever seen
there's strats for like, $185

Squire (is that how you say it?)
yeah squire are the budget version of fender
they're kinda crappy

Dr.Faustus
04-26-2005, 06:44 AM
Stagg....for drum hardware anyway. Their cymbals aren't too shoddy for the price.

d4rkjest3r
05-14-2005, 11:01 AM
i like gibsons and some aspects of fenders like i like fender necks. i like ibanez too... meh idk.... i still play on my squirer and i have a 50 dollar shitty rogue acoustic... i guess i really dont care as long as i can make it work.

Jackish
05-14-2005, 11:20 AM
Only properly played fenders.

Played a tele, a jap strat, and a copy (squire).

Hope to get an american strat, 599. Possibly slightly paying for the label but fuck it, I need to stick to a fender for the moment.