PDA

View Full Version : Huck it; Spartans or sponsors?

Noodles is gay
04-17-2005, 02:13 AM
Well, some patronizing idiot (who shall remain nameless) seems to think that Dexter says 'Spartansí not sponsors' in Huck it, so i thought i do the democratic thing and put it to a vote to see what most people hear.

This is the line i'm talking about:

"Drop a bomb in the publics eye
Fuck the sponsors/Spartans they always lie
You are pointing to go fast and GO"

Go forth and vote! :D

billiejoe87_greenday
04-17-2005, 02:16 AM
I just wrote what a fucking idiot that person was, but looking over this lyric sheet, Dexter does actually say "Fuck the SPARTANS they always lie". Now I have seen everything.

"Huck It"

Hitting walls for a feet
With our friends and we hear this free
All the dogs, dropping bombs
He see

HUCK IT
You don't have the ties
You won't have the eyes
HUCK IT
Cause you realize
You don't need to justify
That cable show is not the lives we know

Drop a bomb in the publics eye
Fuck the Spartans they always lie
You are pointing to go fast and GO

Broken bombs and baking skin
Notify your next of kin
You'll know you'll come alive some day

HUCK IT
Now you feel alive,
stinks like shit all the time
HUCK IT
Its like you gotta try
risky shit, by the time

You can not practice lay it on the line

HUCK IT
Now you're down in luck
cause you dont give a fuck

HUCK IT
And go by the time
You go out doin what you know
no talking shit just leave it all and go home

HUCK IT
Now youll feel alive
stinks like shit all the time

HUCK IT
Like you gotta try
risky shit by the time
cant practice just lay it on the line

HUCK IT
Now you're down in luck
cause you dont give a fuck

HUCK IT
And go by the time
You go out doin what you know
no talking shit just leave it all and go home

Noodles is gay
04-17-2005, 02:24 AM
It's not Spartans - some idiot got it wrong and posted it online, then other people copied it - i can definately hear sponsors.

billiejoe87_greenday
04-17-2005, 02:25 AM
It's not Spartans - some idiot got it wrong and posted it online, then other people copied it - i can definately hear sponsors.

I hear sponsors to but spartans is what every site on google has come up with so im starting to believe it.

Noodles is gay
04-17-2005, 02:33 AM
I hear sponsors to but spartans is what every site on google has come up with so im starting to believe it.

believe your own ears!

Like i said; one person got it wrong and then other people have copy and pasted his lyrics onto their page to avaoid the trouble of having to type them out themselves.

Hypodermic_89
04-17-2005, 02:34 AM
i hear spartans. when i first heard it i thought it was sponsors, but when i checked the lyrics and listened again i heard spartans

Piedude
04-17-2005, 03:23 AM
Ok, when the next song poll starts we'll ask Dexter :D

Punk_Conspiracy
04-17-2005, 03:32 AM
I can definatley hear "sponsors" as well. Definatley.

Dexter_italy
04-17-2005, 04:50 AM
Ok, when the next song poll starts we'll ask Dexter :D

Huck it isn't on the list.......

Noodles_is_gay you don't have the right to say idiot to someone who doesn't think like you, we're just explaining our opinions, but I don't tell you're an idiot because you don't think it the way I do

Oh yesterday you said that I'm new....but check the registration date mine is oct 2004 yours in nov2004, the difference is that I don't answer to posts I don't care about only to insult people who I don't agree with....
________
Silver Surfer Vaporizer Prices (http://vaporizerinfo.com/)

Peruzzo
04-17-2005, 04:56 AM
yeh i think that its says spartans

Mannen som blev en gris
04-17-2005, 09:31 AM
I can't vote because I think he says sparshaors or something :D
I don't think all the (/most of the) lyrics are wrong, so he probably says spartans then. I'll vote for it. :p However.....the poll question is "what do you hear in Huck It?" and I have to say I hear sponsors....

By the way, should I remain nameless or can't you remember my whole name? or weren't you talking to me?

Noodles is gay
04-17-2005, 09:32 AM
nah; i wasn't actually referring to you :p

Mannen som blev en gris
04-17-2005, 09:33 AM
hehe..ok. :)

notoriousdoc
04-17-2005, 09:34 AM
its spartans on my website but then, its just a link to another website...

JohnnyNemesis
04-17-2005, 09:36 AM
It sounds NOTHING like spartans!
Sponsors for sure.

crazy_offspring_gal
04-17-2005, 09:39 AM
It sounds NOTHING like spartans!
Sponsors for sure.
agree with you there johnny,

Mannen som blev en gris
04-17-2005, 09:40 AM
Why does it say spartnas in pretty much all lyrics then? I don't think someone did it wrong and then everyone else copied it....as a certain person said.... :p

JohnnyNemesis
04-17-2005, 09:41 AM
Yup!

Also, you can clearly hear the "ns" sound of the middle of "sponsors" coming from Dexter. It's totally emphasized in that line.

crazy_offspring_gal
04-17-2005, 09:44 AM
oh johnny.....lovng the hand action there! :D

notoriousdoc
04-17-2005, 09:45 AM
sponsors defin though i had to listen to it 3 times

Dexter_italy
04-17-2005, 09:56 AM
Yup!

Also, you can clearly hear the "ns" sound of the middle of "sponsors" coming from Dexter. It's totally emphasized in that line.

The sound you're talking about is the "rt" sound listen to the sund the s makes at the end of the word, it's totally different
________
MOTIF (http://www.yamaha-tech.com/wiki/Yamaha_Motif)

Noodles is gay
04-17-2005, 10:01 AM
The sound you're talking about is the "rt" sound listen to the sund the s makes at the end of the word, it's totally different

well so far more people have heard 'sponsors'

Plus you're going against people whose first language is English! ARGH!

Mannen som blev en gris
04-17-2005, 10:03 AM
Now I've listened to the part a lot of times! And he seemes to be saying "Sportunes"......but that's not a word....hm..... :confused: :D

Sinister
04-17-2005, 10:06 AM
I hear Spartans but Sponsors would make more sense. but I REALLY hear Spartans. :confused:

Mannen som blev en gris
04-17-2005, 10:07 AM
You're one of the few then....

Sinister
04-17-2005, 10:09 AM
You're one of the few then....

one of the few WHAT ?

Mannen som blev en gris
04-17-2005, 10:11 AM
Who thinks he says spartans, and have english (or french?) as your first language.

Sinister
04-17-2005, 10:15 AM
Who thinks he says spartans, and have english (or french?) as your first language.

yeah french is my 1st language but I think I can do pretty well in written english but not spoken cause of my accent and also cuz of american's accent...

Dexter_italy
04-17-2005, 10:15 AM
your first language doesn't matter, I don't change opinion. I'm way sure that he says spartans.
________
The Cigar Boss (http://thecigarboss.com/)

Mannen som blev en gris
04-17-2005, 10:16 AM
Je mappelle Martin. Tuvy un bannane? (I have NO idea how to spell it :p)

Pay The Man
04-17-2005, 02:56 PM
Ahhhhhh!!! Not again!

Sponsors! There is like a half second emphasis on sponsssors

I have no idea, unless there are different versions

But SPONSORS all the way

leo3375
04-17-2005, 02:59 PM
It's "sponsors."

Whoever made the unifficial trnascription that's been floating around on the Web must have English as a second language.

Pay The Man
04-17-2005, 03:05 PM
It's "sponsors."

Whoever made the unifficial trnascription that's been floating around on the Web must have English as a second language.

like the majority of them then. loads of songs are screwed on some lyric sites.

Noodles is gay
04-17-2005, 03:09 PM
It's "sponsors."

thank you! That's what i've been saying the whole time!

i'm_aren't_alright
04-17-2005, 03:12 PM
it's sponcers in Huck it, right. :confused:

i'm_aren't_alright
04-17-2005, 03:15 PM
i hear spartans. when i first heard it i thought it was sponsors, but when i checked the lyrics and listened again i heard spartans

i'm with you, it took me a little bit to notice it tough.

JohnnyNemesis
04-17-2005, 03:29 PM

That's only because you expected to hear it after you read it. Trust me, if you expected to hear "sparklers", you would have heard it. It's like that with every song!

Try again, and don't expect any word at all, and you'll clearly hear "sponsors".

Chris
04-17-2005, 03:40 PM
My conclusion: anyone who still thinks it's Spartans is an idiot. (and also still hasn't clued on what the song is actually about)

JohnnyNemesis
04-17-2005, 03:45 PM
Very true. Spartans would make no sense, as the lyrics are clearly dealing with things related to sponsors. Plus, IT SOUNDS NOTHING LIKE SPARTANS.

One guy messes it up and the masses follow.

nitropenguin!
04-17-2005, 04:04 PM
Sparklers. =)

He's saying "sponsors"... why the big fuss?

0r4ng3
04-17-2005, 05:08 PM
I can't believe we're still debating this...

SPONSORS, dammit! SPONSORS!
________
Motorcycle Tires (http://www.motorcycle-tech.com/tires/motorcycle-tires)

Dexter_italy
04-18-2005, 01:33 AM
My conclusion: anyone who still thinks it's Spartans is an idiot. (and also still hasn't clued on what the song is actually about)

You are a fucking idiot man! stop insulting people! I don't care if it says spartans o sponsors, I think it says spartans and you don't what's the problem? I don't see any... I tried to listen sponsor but I can't....maybe you are so convinced you're right that you hear only what you want, but that's your problem not mine.....
________
Wiki vaporizer (http://vaporizerwiki.com)

Revolver-2005?
04-18-2005, 03:35 AM
it says sponsers...not spartans...lots of sites have it wrong...and if u dont think its sponsers then ur missing the entire point of the song

Mannen som blev en gris
04-18-2005, 05:55 AM
Is sponsers a word? :p Seriously, I don't know :D

Mannen som blev en gris
04-18-2005, 05:57 AM
it says sponsers...not spartans...lots of sites have it wrong...and if u dont think its sponsers then ur missing the entire point of the song
Anyway, I refuse to belive 97% of the sites have the wrong word....Wish Dexter would come hear and clear things up.... :)

Jackish
04-18-2005, 06:46 AM
It says sponsors. Not amazingly clear though, but its there.

Pyro
04-18-2005, 10:32 AM
DAMN!! :confused: I, sometimes, hear spartans but somtimes sponsors... I hear sponsors, when I listen carefully but if I don't i hear spartans. :confused:

notoriousdoc
04-18-2005, 10:37 AM
spon∑sor

1. One who assumes responsibility for another person or a group during a period of instruction, apprenticeship, or probation.
2. One who vouches for the suitability of a candidate for admission.
3. A legislator who proposes and urges adoption of a bill.
4. One who presents a candidate for baptism or confirmation; a godparent.
5. One that finances a project or an event carried out by another person or group, especially a business enterprise that pays for radio or television programming in return for advertising time. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Noodles is gay
04-21-2005, 11:22 AM
Well, seeing as an overwhelming majority seem to think 'sponsor' is said, it looks like Dexter_italy is wrong.

My condolences, you stupid twat.

notoriousdoc
04-21-2005, 11:30 AM
hi NiG. sponsors. *cough*

Noodles is gay
04-21-2005, 11:33 AM
hello notoriousdoc http://www.darkrhythms.com/gbook/images/smilies/smilie-32.gif

how's it goin'?

notoriousdoc
04-21-2005, 11:39 AM
fine thanks jen. usual shit, bastardised, smartass chavs screwin' with me still but still life goes on. ive got exams coming up next week which im gonna do fine in. although i might flunk R.S. :confused:

http://boll.7708.net/gallery/big_smileys/crazy.gif

Noodles is gay
04-21-2005, 11:42 AM
^ AWESOME!

hehe, damn chavs :mad:

Exams suck - i've got AS modules in 3 weeks and a Greek exam next week :eek:

Exams in year 7?! :confused: crazy, just internal ones though right? Everyone flunks RS! :D because it sucks!

notoriousdoc
04-21-2005, 11:47 AM
^so so right. rearrange this; shit, R.S, is . damn i sound like yoda!
yeah internal basts'
yeah i know the feeling about exams, my SATS were really worked up. they were as easy as piss though.
english:4
maths:5
science: 5 :eek:

Noodles is gay
04-21-2005, 11:52 AM
http://www.formfunctionemotion.net/mt-static/images/yoda.jpg

Good SAT results, well done - i got 5s in English and science and a 6 in the higher maths paper when i did them but they seriously don't mean anything later :p

I love the way Yoda talks - it's like a real language (verb to the end of the sentence) damn cool.

notoriousdoc
04-21-2005, 12:00 PM
http://www.starland.com/sf-sc/sf03/images/Star%20Trek%20Fan%20if%201.JPG
trekkies'r'us.com
no wait, is anyone still undecided on the thread topic???? id like to laugh at them

notoriousdoc
04-21-2005, 12:02 PM
worlds website best this is
http://www.bubblewrap.com/products/protective/bubble/funstuff/game/default.htm

Noodles is gay
04-21-2005, 12:05 PM
god i hope not - i mean, seriously, all the english-speaking people are saying 'sponsors' it's only people to whom English is a second language that are having problems - why won't they just admit they're wrong?!

"you are a star trek fan if:" you used to wish you could learn Klingon and seriously considered buying a Klingon dictionary at one stage :p

I've kinda outgrown star trek now though :o

That looks like a very odd website..... :cool:

notoriousdoc
04-21-2005, 12:13 PM
god i hope not - i mean, seriously, all the english-speaking people are saying 'sponsors' it's only people to whom English is a second language that are having problems - why won't they just admit they're wrong?!

"you are a star trek fan if:" you used to wish you could learn Klingon and seriously considered buying a Klingon dictionary at one stage :p

I've kinda outgrown star trek now though :o

That looks like a very odd website..... :cool:

star trek; my dad likes it
bubblewrap.com; strange and oddly drawing
english as 2nd language; damn foriegners! oh well at least they can speak english so we cant spit on them from so high as we are

BIG ESCALATOR TO HEAVEN

http://www.metwashairports.com/d2/images/Pedestrian%20Walkway%20to%20Con.%20B/Passenger%20Walkway%20Escalator-Feb%2004.jpg

sourskittle
04-22-2005, 07:38 PM
back to what this thread is really about, they definitely say sponsors, i don't think spartans makes much sense

JohnnyNemesis
04-22-2005, 09:12 PM
It's funny how the only justification people can provide for "Spartans" is "BAHHH EVERYONE ELSE IS DOING IT!!"

Sheep.

dexterisMYman
04-22-2005, 09:16 PM
im pretty sure it says sponsors